• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — December 12, 2021

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The Paracast Newsletter
December 12, 2021
www.theparacast.com

Retired Technology Executive Joe Foster Discusses a Lifetime of Personal Encounters and Military UFO Sightings on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE ULTIMATE PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus an enhanced version of The Paracast with the network ads removed, when you join The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes on your device. Flash! Use the coupon code ufo20 to receive a 20% discount on five-year or lifetime subscriptions. And PayPal now accepts cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, in payment, so act now! For the easiest signup ever, please visit: https://www.theparacast.plus

This Week's Episode: Gene is joined by special guest cohost Tim Swartz to present UFO researcher Joe Foster, a retired senior technology executive who has compiled a lifetime of paranormal sightings and experiences, including many stories from his time in the military. Foster says that he has had years of experiences involving the UAP/UFO phenomenon starting at age of three, and continuing through his last UFO sighting which occurred in May 2015. These incidents (civilian and military) left an indelible mark demanding that he explore the phenomenon and share with the public whatever knowledge or insights he has gained. Additionally, his background includes working for the government, as well as private industry including advanced technologies, which added fuel to his desire of understanding the world (seen and unseen) in which we live along with all the mysteries that, as of yet, remain unexplained.

After The Paracast — Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on December 12: Gene and special guest cohost Tim Swartz continue the discussion with UFO researcher and retired technology executive Joe Foster, in which they cover the search for life in space, whether we need to consider a different technology in the search for alien broadcasts rather than expect the interstellar equivalent of “I Love Lucy.” What are the possible motives of alien visitors, and do they wish to do us harm? In considering the prospects for UFO disclosure, the trio considers what other governments might know. Foster also explains why he is disappointed with the status disclosure so far. Foster spent years working in diverse positions including: Technology Program Management, IT Project Management, Data Center Management, etc. However, this was just the icing on the cake considering the paranormal events that he witnessed over the years.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: https://www.theparacast.com/forum/. Visit our new online shop for great branded merchandise at: https://www.theparacast.shop/, and check out our new YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheOfficialParacastChannel

A UFO’s Harmful Side Effects?
By Gene Steinberg

Are UFOs dangerous to your health?

Consider the ramifications. We have a possibly alien spaceship flittering and fluttering around our skies, performing impossible-to-duplicate maneuvers, and maybe even landing from time to time.

So if the conventional wisdom is correct, that ET is in our midst, what do they bring with them? Can they infect us with alien diseases? Do they even care?

Consider a possible analogy-in-reverse as depicted in the 19th century classic sci-fi novel, “War of the Worlds.” Author H.G. Wells described an evil species that came to conquer Earth, and was totally impervious to our weaponry, all our efforts to defend ourselves.

But one thing foolish ET didn’t consider was getting an infection from local viruses. So a common cold did them in, and we were grateful for this fortuitous circumstance.

Except that it didn’t make much sense from a logical standpoint. An alien civilization smart enough to invent spaceships and develop sophisticated weaponry would surely be smart enough to consider the dangers of getting sick from the local microbes on another planet. I can’t believe Earth is the only planet where viruses exist.

On the other hand, just what might ET bring with them that could cause us harm? Would close encounters endanger our health? Well, maybe in some cases.

A well-known example is the Cash-Landrum sighting in Texas from December 29, 1980, where everyone involved suffered to some degree. Among the physical effects, Betty Cash developed breast cancer years later, and Vickie Landrum had severe cataracts.

Speculation over the years has attributed these and other medical side-effects to being exposed to a high level of ionizing radiation. Chemical contamination has also been mentioned as a possible cause.

On the other hand, people obviously do, in the normal course of their lives, suffer from all sorts of illnesses without any indication that they had a close encounter with a UFO. I have had cataract surgery on both my eyes. My wife, Barbara, has had two corneal transplants in each eye; the most recent this past Thursday. And I’ve also been treated for heart disease.

One of my nephews has had an ablation, a heart procedure designed to combat irregular heartbeat, and his wife has MS.

None of us have had a UFO sighting that we know of. People get sick. It happens to be the human condition.

But that doesn’t mean that seeing a UFO might cause unexpected physical and mental consequences.

Now when The Paracast featured Colm Kelleher, a scientist and long-time associate of Robert Bigelow, the hotel magnate and paranormal explorer, we didn’t quite expect to hear what he told us about the government’s ongoing UAP studies.

You see, we assumed Kelleher would be talking about a project that would focus on researching the cause of a physical phenomenon, perhaps having an offworld origin. But his approach was far more enlightened than we expected.

This is based not just on what he told us, but as described in a recent book of which he is a co-author, “Skinwalkers at the Pentagon: An Insider’s Account of the Government’s Secret UFO Program.”

Indeed, it turns out that this infamous government program wasn’t quite the one we expected. That New York Times feature from 2017 that brought the whole affair to the public’s attention evidently got the organizational structure confused. So the original program for which Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies (BAASS) received $22 million in government funding was the Advanced Aerospace Weapon System Applications Program (AAWSAP). But another UAP-related program, the Pentagon’s Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP), was the one mentioned in the article.

I won’t try to dissect the organizational structure of these various government projects, or the new ones that have been established since. I’m not that much into flow charts, or playing musical chairs for that matter.

Instead, I’d like to focus on a key element of the UFO sighting experience that hasn’t been mentioned often enough, and that is what Kelleher refers to as a “Hitchhiker Effect,” in which the witness and perhaps those around them are more or less infected by ongoing paranormal experiences. One example is the onset of poltergeist phenomena.

Now over the years, what I regard as more enlightened researchers have suggested that you can’t separate the object seen from the eyewitness. Yet major UFO groups, such as MUFON, regard UFOs as little more than a fancy aircraft that is seen and not felt. Well, assuming you aren’t frightened by the encounter.

MUFON investigators, especially those who have completed the group’s training program, take down sighting reports with little regard to the the personal experiences of a witness, beyond whether there’s anything that might impact their ability to accurately report what they’ve seen, such as a history of being a hoaxer, or possibly having a criminal background.

Does the witness come from a family that has a long history of encountering paranormal events? Have they seen ghosts, observed poltergeist effects, strange creatures? Have they suffered from any chronic illnesses that may have appeared after any of these experiences?

I once asked a former head of MUFON whether what has happened to the witness, and what is happening to them since the sighting occurred, are considered in their sighting reports. His response? Well, no, not unless it’s volunteered.

Now if it’s a UFO abduction, they do have a department devoted to those studies? But the rest? It’s not on their radar.

But what Kelleher talks about is not something I haven’t heard before. As an example, I distinctly remember visiting an old friend from the teen UFO days at his home back in the late 1960s. He had not only seen a UFO, but he and his girlfriend were soon immersed in sometimes frightening paranormal activity. Consider poltergeist and invisible entities.

All of this took place in the wake of the appearance of a UFO, as if the phenomenon infected them and made them sensitive to more paranormal events, or perhaps generated them.

That is long ago and far away, but it’s not the first time that it became clear to me — and to others who follow a more encompassing look at UFOs — that a sighting may not end when the object disappears. That, I fear, may only be the beginning of an entire horror show of nasty events.

Copyright 1999-2021 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back