• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — August 7, 2022

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The Paracast Newsletter
August 7, 2022
www.theparacast.com

Paranormal Investigator Amanda Paulson Reveals Her Journey as a Student of the Strange and Unknown on The Paracast!

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

THIS IS IMPORTANT SO DON'T MISS OUT! YOU CAN SUPPORT THE PARACAST AND ENJOY THE ULTIMATE PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus an enhanced version of The Paracast with the network ads removed, when you join The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes on your device. Flash! Use the coupon code ufo20 to receive a 20% discount on five-year or lifetime subscriptions. And PayPal now accepts cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, in payment. And if you don't want to use PayPal, we now also offer a second payment option, from Stripe, that accepts major credit or debit cards, Apple Pay and Google Pay. For "qualified users," you can now take advantage of Pay Later options, so act now! For the easiest signup ever, please visit: https://www.theparacast.plus

This Week's Episode: Gene and guest cohost Tim Swartz explore the encounters of younger people with the world of the paranormal with Amanda Paulson, an investigator based out of Spokane, Washington. With a passion for paranormal-centered philosophical discussion and 14 years of experience, she now travels as a solo investigator and content creator for her blog, Pretty Fn Spooky and will be starring in the upcoming documentary, “Death is With Me.” She’s been investigating the paranormal as a solo investigator since 2019 and has now traveled all over the United States investigating places small and large. Her investigations have included many well-known locations, including Waverly Hills Sanatorium, the Conjuring Farmhouse, the Mojave Desert and the Lizzie Borden house, where she spent the night in the home completely alone — without any employees or other guests.

After The Paracast — Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on August 7: Paranormal investigator Amanda Paulson continues the story of her exploration of the strange and unknown with Gene and guest cohost Tim Swartz. She covers a variety of topics, including expanding her studies going forward, her research toolkit and why she usually focuses on research materials other than electronic devices. Have her experiences over the years been therapeutic? Amanda travels as a solo investigator and content creator for her blog, Pretty Fn Spooky and will be starring in the upcoming documentary, “Death is With Me.” In 2020, she became known for igniting paranormal centered philosophical discussion through her posts on social media. She leads and participates in investigations, but is also passionate about encouraging others to think deeply about paranormal phenomena and what that means for us as we live this life on Earth.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: https://www.theparacast.com/forum/. Visit our new online shop for great branded merchandise at: https://www.theparacast.shop/, and check out our new YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheOfficialParacastChannel

Random Thoughts About Life After Death
By Gene Steinberg

As regular listeners to The Paracast know full well, we haven’t focused an awful lot on life after death. That, of course, is due to the fact that it’s not a subject I’ve explored as much as others, though I grant some pretty strange things have happened to many people.

However, it is the sort of thing that one can never prove, presumably without taking a journey from which they can’t return. Sure, we know about so-called near-death experiences, where someone who dies, say, on an operating table, returns and reports some pretty strange encounters.

So we have some reports of people levitating above their briefly dead physical bodies, or seeing the “light,” said to be the entranceway to the afterlife. They are abruptly returned.

This exploration of the afterlife was the key plot line for a 1990 movie, “Flatliners,” starring some A-level stars, such as Keifer Sutherland, Julia Roberts and Kevin Bacon. It involves five medical students intrigued or obsessed with near-death experiences, who, in turn, put each other to death briefly, then bring them back and record the experiences.

As fantasies go, it wasn’t so bad, and the concept seemed credible enough. I can imagine a group such as this quietly pursuing research and setting up conditions somewhere that might cause the ultimate sacrifice.

And the sci-fi world has dealt with death in so many ways.

In one of the best of the movies featuring the original cast, “Star II: The Wrath of Khan,” Spock dies towards the end of the film. In the follow-up, “Star Trek III: The Search for Spock,” directed by Leonard Nimoy, it’s revealed that, before he died, he implanted his living spirit, or katra, in Dr. McCoy’s consciousness, which causes some predictably comedic situations. At the end, after as final battle with the Klingon invaders, Captain Kirk and crew journey to Vulcan with Spock’s now living body — lacking a spirit — which is re-implanted in a pseudo-religious ceremony. So Spock returns, so Nimoy can direct the follow-up, in “Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.”

In that film, there’s a brief interlude between Spock and McCoy, where the latter asks the former about his experiences after he died. Spock replies that there was no perspective by which they could communicate. In other words, McCoy would have to die to understand.

As you know, the belief in an afterlife is common among people, both religious and otherwise. It’s based on the assumption that we don’t just die and live out eternity in blackness while our remains are rotting or being cremated. Instead, we may go to a place where or life is evaluated, and decisions are made as to where to go next.

So many films have depicted versions of how this occurs.

In the 1991 romantic comedy, “Defending Your Life,” written, produced, directed and starring Albert Brooks, he plays a selfish advertising executive who dies in a car accident. He finds himself in a place called Judgement City, where a grim group of suits determines where he goes next. Through the film, he must own up to the sins of his life, and thus ends up on his final journey with his newfound love, played by Meryl Streep.

In our paranormal universe, ghosts are usually described as dead people stuck in a way station between life and death who might exist there eternally, or be forced to resolve an issue that will free them to ascend.

The 1990 fantasy drama, “Ghost,” starred Patrick Swayze as a banker, who is murdered by his business partner, played by Tony Goldwyn, and is left to roam the Earth powerless to learn the truth about his death. Once the mystery is solved, with the help of a formerly fake psychic played by Whoopi Goldberg, the Swayze character enters the light after brief goodbyes with his girlfriend, played by Demi Moore.

Other than those near-death experiences, nobody can really know if there is any truth to our various visions of an afterlife. But it’s quite possible those experiences, as compelling as they appear to be, are actually delusions. Or perhaps there’s another cause, since close connections have been cited between them and UFO abductions.

In other words, some interaction with an outside force is involved.

As I said, I have not spent much time dwelling on any of this, but one’s emotions and fears are far more satisfied if you feel that death is not the end, but possibly the beginning of a better existence. This is especially true if your life has been difficult, and you hope and wish that your situation is fated to improve.

That, of course, means you must behave yourself.

But in recent years, my mortality has been revealed in a couple of significant ways.

In 2017, my car was totaled in a close encounter with a truck driving in the wrong lane. The air bags on my VW were activated, but it didn’t overturn. I was uninjured, and was able to bring some takeout food home to my wife in a police vehicle.

On August 1st of this year, I underwent emergency surgery to repair what is called a pseudo aneurism in my right leg. One of the doctors who handled my case said this was indeed a potentially life threatening situation, so having the surgery was critical. At the time my leg had swelled and I could barely walk.

The operation itself was said to be fairly routine, although I required three blood transfusions to deal with low blood count symptoms. For three or four weeks, I have to use a device known as a wound vac to remove fluid and blood via my groin.

During the ordeal, there was also slight scarring to my heart, but the doctor assured me I’ll fully recover and, if I take care of myself, I’ll live a normal life.

In other words, you may keep those five-year and lifetime subscriptions to The Paracast+ coming.

After these close encounters, I suppose I should start wondering what might happen next, but I still prefer not to theorize about such matters. I have much too much to do in this life.

Besides, whatever happens, it’s not that I’ll be able to do much to change the process or the outcome.

Copyright 1999-2022 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back