• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — August 25, 2019

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
August 25, 2019

www.theparacast.com

Researcher Kathleen Marden Explains How to Cope with a UFO Abduction on The Paracast

The Paracast
is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! So act now! Check out Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio for more details about The Paracast+.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Randall present abduction researcher Kathleen Marden, who will be discussing her fifth book, "Extraterrestrial Contact: What to Do When You've Been Abducted," which serves as a handbook to advise experiences and their families on how to cope with such encounters. Kathleen earned a BA degree in social work and worked as an educator and education services coordinator while attending graduate school. She is also a Master level practitioner of The Quantum Healing Hypnosis Technique. Her interest in UFOs and contact began in 1961, when her aunt and uncle, Betty and Barney Hill, had a close encounter and subsequent abduction in New Hampshire’s White Mountains. She serves as MUFON’s Director of Experiencer Research. and is on the Board of Directors of the Edgar Mitchell Foundation for Research into Extraterrestrial and Extraordinary Encounters (FREE).

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

William Puckett's Blog: UFO Reporting Center, Latest UFO Sightings & News.

Kathleen Marden's Blog: KathleenMardenUFO

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on August 25: Special Correspondent William Puckett joins Gene and Randall to present an update on his probe of radar data related to an April 10, 2019 multiple witness sighting near Phoenix, AZ, news about a cigar-shaped object seen in a photo of a space station on August 19, 2019 in Perth, Australia, and a report of possible electrical interference with a car while bright lights were seen in Polk City, FL in the mid-1980s. Abduction researcher Kathleen Marden joins William to talk about episodes of lost and gained time and possible UFO abductions. She also remembers the late Stanton T. Friedman, with whom she wrote three books, and the star map drawn by Betty Hill in connection with the 1961 abduction involving her and her husband, Barney Hill.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

Is ET Warm and Fuzzy?
By Gene Steinberg

From time to time, I’ve wondered what I’d do if I was abducted by entities presumed to be aliens. Sure, I’d be one among many, any how many is a topic that’s still being debated. But it might be downright frightening, particularly if I’m taken, without a way to fight back, aboard a spaceship to undergo a possibly painful physical exam.

On this weekend’s episode of The Paracast, featuring abduction researcher Kathleen Marden, I remarked that, if it happened to me, I’d want a do-over.

Now Randall and Kathleen assumed I meant that I’d like to see ET make a few improvements, perhaps making me younger in the process.

But I meant something else. I’d want to roll back time and be somewhere else when ET came around. I would not want to undergo such an experience, even though I know that I’d have no choice in the matter.

Now some years back, I had some conversations with “Doug,” an abductee that was particularly traumatized by his encounters, to the point where he was being treated by a mental health professional for PTSD. Hardly an indication that “they” mean us no harm.

Yet at the same time, it appears that most abductees may actually welcome their experiences, even though, on the surface at least, they appear to be no less painful. During her appearance on The Paracast, Kathleen cited polls that pointed in that direction.

Randall cited the possibility of Stockholm Syndrome, where the victim or abductee evidently develops a form of psychological alliance with their abductors. But just as important, if we are dealing with an advanced alien intelligence, no doubt they possess advanced techniques of mind control.

So whether the experiencer is pleased with the encounter or not, they will be made to feel that way, and to even happily anticipate possible return visits. That way ET stays in control and reduces the possibility of resistance, which, of course, would be futile.

Now abduction lore also includes screen memories, designed to hide the actual experience with symbols, such as the vision of a giant owl. But any intelligence capable of pulling those stunts would be perfectly capable of burying memories way deep that a few hypnotic sessions wouldn’t reveal the truth.

In other words, it all doesn’t make so much sense, particularly if experiencers are routinely conditioned to desire visits with extraterrestrials, or whatever they are.

At the same time, I can see where some will be able to overcome their fears and actually feel special, that they were one of those chosen to receive painful physical exams, or birth a hybrid race.

Now these higher beings routinely warn us of the folly of our penchant for tribal conflicts, and the awful things we’ve done to spoil the environment. Worthy messages of course, and some of these experiences will go forth and evangelize their contacts to spread the word.

But why should anyone take such pronouncements seriously? Because they come from an intelligence capable of what, to us, appears to be miracles? Even if they are intelligent beings who came to Earth from other star systems, that doesn’t mean they aren’t warlike, devoted to conquering “lesser” races.

While we would hope that ET has ethics because they have a more sophisticated bag of tricks, that doesn’t necessarily make it so.

So it is also possible that we are being deceived as to the true purpose of such visits. Why assume we can understand the motives of an advanced civilization from out there? Indeed, it may only be a fluke that humans came to be in the first place. It may be that another species would have gained dominance in a different environment and have a totally difference sense of proper behavior.

Reports of insectoid creatures seen in connection with UFOs does evidently indicate such a possibility. Even if they appeared to be grotesque, even frightening, doesn’t necessarily tell us who and what they really are.

It may also be that, if we are being visited by such beings, we never see them in their true forma. A key plot point in the sci-fi movie “Contact” was that ET had to hide its true appearance because we couldn’t accept it.

Or even see it.

Is it possible they have advanced to the point where they do not even have physical bodies as we understand such things? Consider how fragile we truly are, how easy it is to be hurt or killed. We are constantly battling all sorts of illnesses, some of which are fatal. Our teeth can become decayed or infected, requiring expensive dental work, itself seemingly primitive in some ways. Having perfect vision is not as common as we hope it would be. I developed myopia when I was 10, and have worn glasses or contact lenses since then. The same holds true for my son.

Indeed humans are a mess in their present form, so it’s understandable that scientists are working hard to develop ways to extend not just our lifetimes, but the quality of life. Genetic engineering, under development even now, may eventually provide immunity to diseases, tooth decay, hearing and vision problems and, of course, baldness.

Not to mention eliminating the need for knee and hip replacements, artificial hearts and all the rest. It may not be long, in fact, where your family doctor will be able to quickly and easily “print” an organ replacement via a sophisticated 3D printer, using your DNA. The possibility of rejection would be non-existent.

This is a familiar situation. My wife had corneal transplants in 2009, and, since then, she must use eye drops to ward off rejection. The surgery also included cataract removal, so her eyes also have artificial lenses. A happy side effect is that her vision is nearly perfect; well except for the need to wear reading glasses.

Some day, evolution may even eliminate the need for physical bodies; we would be able to exist without such encumbrances.

In other words, it may well be that, if we are dealing with ET, they actually do not have any form to see, and simply create them and physical spaceships for our benefit.

And, once again, there is no reason to assume that any so-called higher intelligence would necessarily be concerned about the fate of humanity. Those positive messages may be meant to lull us into a sense of security.

In short, as much as experiencers might believe, or hope, that they are dealing with benevolent beings, we should be cautious about accepting them at face value. Just think of the way humans deal with more primitive species on our own planet as graphic examples.

Copyright 1999-2019 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back