• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — August 2, 2015

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
August 2, 2015
www.theparacast.com

We Interview Psychic/Remote Viewer/UFO Investigator Margie Kay on The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Announcing The Paracast+: We have another radio show, and for a low monthly or annual subscription fee, you will receive access to After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast without, the network ads, and chat rooms. NEW! We’ve added an RSS feed for fast updates of the latest episodes, and The Paracast+ video channel is coming soon. For more information about our premium package, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: We present UFO researcher Margie Kay, Assistant State Director for Missouri MUFON, and host of the Un-X News Magazine and Radio Show. Says Margie, "Yes, indeed I do have some fascinating stories to tell about strange things going on in the Kansas City area — black planes, strange cryptic creatures that no one can identify, and I saw an ET while on a UFO investigation in Independence [in June 2015]!" According to her biography: "Margie Kay is a Paranormal and UFO Investigator, Remote Viewer, and author. She is clairsentient (feels), clairaudient (hears), clairvoyant (sees), and does remote viewing. She owns a construction company, a forensic investigation company, and is publisher of Un-X News Magazine." During this episode, Margie will be asked to find out some information about Gene's late brother, Wally.

Chris O’Brien’s Site: Our Strange Planet

Missouri MUFON: Missouri MUFON

Un-X News Magazine and Radio Show: Un-x News Magazine - Online

Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on August 2: Gene and Chris discuss UFO researcher/psychic Margie Kay and her apparent cognitive dissonance over the way she approaches her research. Gene talks about her apparently failed attempt to contact his late brother, Wallace Herbert Steinberg, during the August 2 episode of The Paracast. Did she actually come up with a singular fact that proves her reading was real? What about her curious attempt to verify the Billy Meier’s UFO contact claims? We also discuss her apparent suspension of disbelief in asking a major promoter of Meier’s long-disproven claims to appear at a Missouri MUFON public meeting. And what about her statement about the disclosure of the location of Marley Woods, scene of a number of significant paranormal events? Is it really true that the people directly involved in that investigation knew nothing about that revelation? We raise lots of questions that cry out for answers.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums.

Talking to Dead People
By Gene Steinberg

When I first saw M. Night Shyamalan’s 1999 blockbuster flick, “The Sixth Sense,” I wasn’t terribly surprised as to how it approached the subject. The director took the usual life-after-death clichés and went with them to deliver an entertaining film. The subtle hints that star Bruce Willis played a character who was, himself, dead but not aware of it till the chilling climax, were also not surprising if you took a few moments to consider the possibilities. Still, it was an interesting twist.

One of the most famous films of the genre was “Ghost,” a 1990 film with several memorable scenes; it even earned comedian/talk show host Whoopi Goldberg an Oscar for portraying a fake psychic who suddenly discovers her powers are genuine. This was also director Jerry Zucker’s first serious film. He was best known before that as a member of the wacky team that brought you such popular comedy films as “Airplane” and “Ruthless People.”

A more recent portrayal of the possibilities of survival after death is depicted in a TNT Network TV show, “Proof.” And don’t forget the American and UK versions of “Being Human,” which depict a ghost, a vampire and a werewolf just trying to fit in as regular people.

In these cases, and in other films of the sort, we see a fairly consistent portrayal of humans surviving the death experience, but sticking around largely because of unfulfilled issues during their lives. So in “Ghost,” star Patrick Swayze’s character, Sam Wheat, is attempting to find out who was really responsible for his death, who hired the killer to do the deed.

As I said, unresolved issues.

So when a ghost is repeatedly seen in an around a specific location, it is suggested that there was something unresolved when they died that forced them to stick around rather than go off to wherever dead people go. This issue of settling something with a family member or friend might, psychics suggest, make it easier to make contact.

That, of course, and one’s belief that it’s really possible to talk to dead people.

The issues of life and death are endlessly debated. When we die, does everything just stop and we are forever consigned to darkness? Or perhaps we enter another existence, or return here in another body, which forms the basis for reincarnation theories.

But what about those who have so-called “near death” experiences, where perhaps they are clinically dead for a few moments before being revived by medical professionals? All of the tropes about our survival one step beyond are played out if you recall what might have happened during the time when your heart stopped beating.

An interesting variation of the theme is played out in a new TV series, “Stitchers,” on the ABC Lifetime network. It’s not the most engrossing show, but the fundamental concept is fascinating. So we have a secret government agency that uses special equipment to enter the minds of possible murder victims, before too much decomposition occurs. Supposedly this helps our protagonist, a young woman with the curious inability to sense the passage of time, to figure out who did the deed.

Clearly the producers and scriptwriters take artistic liberties. So, after “stitching” with the dying consciousness of a subject, the protagonist sees flickering images and hears the sounds during the final moment’s of the victim’s life. She doesn’t become the character who died, but sees it all proceed as if she were an invisible third party who happens upon the scene.

So much for TV and movies.

A common question about death is whether people know, instinctively, when their time is short. No, it’s not about someone who is seriously ill, where they know the end is near. I’m referring to a person who appears to be healthy, but acts in a way that gives you the impression they are wrapping up their affairs ahead of their impending demise.

Take my late father, Charles Steinberg.

One evening, in 1988, he called out of the blue. My dad wasn’t the sort of person to engage in idle chit-chat on the telephone. His conversations tended to be brief, as if talking to someone who wasn’t sitting in front of him wasn’t a comfortable experience for him.

It was September 8th, and that day is significant for reasons you’ll see in a moment. I had seen him only a few weeks earlier. He and my step-mother would occasionally take Barbara and I, along with your young son, Grayson, to dinner. It was always our choice of restaurants and cuisines, and he insisted on paying the check, though I did persuade him to permit me to cover the tip.

On this particular occasion, the conversation seemed longer than usual. He asked me over and over again if I was all right, if I was happy, if things were going well. I assured him that I was at a contented point in my life, that my family was just great, and the conversation ended shortly thereafter.

The following afternoon, on my birthday no less, my brother, Wally, calls me at my office to notify me that dad died that morning. He had been playing cards with friends at a senior’s club. Only a few weeks’ shy of his 79th birthday, he was reasonably healthy for his age and evidently wasn’t suffering from any chronic illnesses that I knew about. When I last saw him, he seemed alert and spry, and after many years of varying levels of obesity, seemed to have gotten his weight down to a level not seen since he was in his early 20s.

Dad simply fell over and died, evidently of a heart attack. Death came quickly and he didn’t suffer any pain. If one must to go out, surely this was the best way.

It’s curious, however, that the end happened on my birthday, the day after he had that unexpectedly long telephone conversation with me. Did he sense the end was near? Did he want to assure himself that I was all right before he left us? I wouldn’t pretend to know, although this curious phenomenon is not in any ways unique.

Now on this weekend’s episode of The Paracast, I ask guest Margie Kay, a psychic, remote viewer and UFO investigator, to attempt to get in touch another relative, my brother Wally, who died in his sleep in 1995, at the age of 61.

As you will hear, Margie didn’t display any indication of success, other than asking if Wally was tall. He was. There was, however, one other matter, her question about a woman who might have withheld something from the family. I wouldn’t presume to know if this is true, but it does raise questions I’d like to explore.

Meantime, you might want to know more about Wally. He was well known in the health care industry and quite a character. Among his many achievements, he headed the research project for Johnson & Johnson that resulted in the development of Retin-A, the popular acne medicine, and Reach toothbrushes.

Wally was also sufficiently famous in his field to earn an obituary in The New York Times, which you can check out here: Wallace Steinberg Dies at 61 - Backed Health Care Ventures - NYTimes.com

All right, perhaps I’ve given Margie a few too many hints with which to do a cold reading of Wally. But I am not yet sold on whether we can actually contact dead people.

Copyright 1999-2015 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back