• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — August 11, 2019

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
August 11, 2019

www.theparacast.com

UFO Investigator Preston Dennett Talks About Schoolyard UFO Encounters on The Paracast

The Paracast
is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! So act now! Check out Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio for more details about The Paracast+.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Randall present author and UFO investigator Preston Dennett, who discusses his current book, "Schoolyard UFO Encounters." For the past 170 years, schools across the United States and the world have been targeted and visited by UFOs. And they are not simple fly-overs. Preston believes that the ETs are here, and they are coming for our children. He began investigating UFOs and the paranormal in 1986 when he discovered that his family, friends and co-workers were having dramatic unexplained encounters. Since then, he has interviewed hundreds of witnesses and investigated a wide variety of paranormal phenomena. He's a field investigator for MUFON, and the author of a number of articles in various UFO and paranormal publications.

J. Randall Murphy's Ufology Society International: Ufology Society International (USI) - Explore the UFO Phenomenon

William Puckett's Blog: UFO Reporting Center, Latest UFO Sightings & News.

Preston Dennett's Site: Preston Dennett

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on August 11: Special Correspondent William Puckett delivers the details of recent sightings that include a disk-shaped object captured in a photo taken in Bremerton, WA on July 10, 2019, a bright orange object flying in circular motion in Buffalo, MN on April 4, 2019, four found disks darting around each other in Menifee, CA on August 3, 2019 and a photo containing a strange cloud-like object taken in Victorville, CA on June 11, 2019. Author and researcher Preston Dennett, the guest on the regular episode of The Paracast, returns to talk further about schoolyard UFO cases, with an emphasis on abductions. And did someone actually kill a gray alien during an encounter? Preston and Randall also talk about their own UFO experiences.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

Before We Get Carried Away
By Gene Steinberg

Coming out of the so-called mainstream media, I never really expected UFOs to be treated seriously by most media outlets. All right, some did even in the early days. Certainly when I worked as a broadcast journalist decades back, I always paid attention to nearby UFO sightings, and I was blessed with management that didn’t seem to care.

Or maybe they were happy that I also covered so-called “legitimate” stories, such as angry town meetings, and the usual police blotter stuff. I recall several years spent at a station near Philadelphia, in Chester Country, which was populated with smaller communities with their own government bodies.

Despite the rare effort to treat the subject seriously, more often than not, UFO sightings were broadcast or published when the news roster was unusually slim. Without enough serious stories to cover, there had to be filler, and UFOs were sometimes just the ticket.

So when The New York Times, the Washington Post, and such serious sites as Politico, ran serious UFO articles starting in 2017, I hardly noticed. It all came down in the midst of the daily avalanche of news from Washington, D.C., or wherever a certain President was staying that day.

While I read the online versions of the Times and Post pretty regularly, this all slipped under my radar. Once I got caught up, I couldn’t ignore the fact that the admission of a Pentagon UFO study was sure to fuel demands for immediate disclosure.

This was what Stephen Bassett and others were waiting for all along, and maybe it was the first step towards a government revelation that ET was here and we might as well become accustomed to that momentous development.

Only the details of this study didn’t seem to indicate that there was anything new. Indeed, it almost seemed as if it was all done in a vacuum, without awareness to previous efforts to look into UFOs, particularly Project Blue Book. Since the media seldom has time to do any research, except for the few investigative reporters that try to do real journalism, perhaps the rest just didn’t bother to check the archives on the subject.

Even that UFO project in the UK with which Nick Pope was connected, and one would think the U.S. would keep tabs on what its closest friend was up to. For the sake of argument, I’m not thinking about the status of that relationship during the current political climate.

Indeed, why should our government — or any government for that matter — be interested in looking for answers as to what the UFOs are? Disclosure advocates — well many people who believe in UFO reality — assume they already know what’s up. After all, haven’t they had the wreckage of the Roswell spaceship crash under lock and key all these years? Perhaps there were other crashes too, and surely they would have figured out something by now.

But the belief that at least some governments know something important they aren’t telling us — absent normal security concerns — doesn’t pass muster if there are ongoing investigations of one sort or another. If they already know, what’s the point?

Sure perhaps it’s a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. Maybe, just maybe, one agency, whether it be based on MJ-12 (which I consider fake by the way) or something else, is charged with the responsibility of figuring out what’s going on out there. But for whatever reason, they aren’t going to share that information with anyone else, even other government agencies.

It may even be that it’s a decision that was made way back in the early days of the modern UFO era, where the secrecy policies were set in motion.

So any public effort to examine UFO sightings must surely be a ruse, a smokescreen, to shield what was really going on. This would seem to apply to Project Blue Book, at least after Captain Edward Ruppelt left. His 1956 book, “The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects,” made it appear that the Air Force in those days devoted at least a decent amount of resources to the matter.

Sure, Ruppelt wrote extra chapters, before his untimely death, in which he more or less retracted what he implied in the original book, that UFOs were spaceships. Maybe it is true that he was under heavy pressure to tone things down, as claimed by his presumed buddy, Major Donald E. Keyhoe, in one of the latter’s books.

But it’s also possible that, after the early days, Project Blue Book became a public relations front, to deflect inquiries about what was really happening. The Condon Report, which was clearly meant to bury public demands for UFO information, resulted in the end of Project Blue Book.

In the late 1960s — even though sightings still occurred — one might have felt that civilian UFO research was not long for this world. Sure, the Midwest UFO Network, which was later rebranded as Mutual UFO Network, had been formed, along with APRO and the last vestiges of NICAP after Keyhoe was fired.

But having lived through this period, it didn’t seem the same, until everything changed again beginning with the 1973 UFO flap.

Again, though, if the U.S. authorities already knew the basic answers to the UFO phenomenon, was there even a need for a Project Blue Book? Could it be that Ruppelt and his team were also patsies, meant to put a public face on the matter?

The same may be true for the current prominence of the UFO mystery in the media, and even some members of Congress are taking the matter seriously, assuming we don’t have the answers yet.

Another theory by disclosure advocates is that it’s been happening around us in plain sight for a number of years. The ongoing discovery of so-called “exoplanets,” orbiting other star systems, surely points our attention to outer space, particularly when some of those planets appear to be able to support life as we know it.

It’s perfectly logical that ET might be here already and we will soon know who they are and what they are up to.

But it might also be true that the government, at least in the U.S., never quite took UFOs seriously beyond determining they didn’t represent a threat to our security.

Lots of possibilities, of course. I don’t pretend to have any covert sources of information to shed light on the matter. But I’ve always been skeptical that the authorities know too much about our presumed “visitors.” Sure, it could all be playing out before us, or maybe the fact that UFOs are being taken more seriously these days might just be a fad.

In a few years, it might all return to the way it was, with civilian UFO researchers still digging for answers and not getting very far.

Copyright 1999-2019 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back