• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — April 14, 2024

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The Paracast Newsletter
April 14, 2024

www.theparacast.com

Discover the Amazing Secrets of "Psychic Doctor" Edgar Cayce, Atlantis, Ancient Egypt and More with Dr. Thomas F. Lawson on the Paracast!

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP FOR THE PARACAST+ YET? PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE PARACAST+ SO YOU CAN SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE ULTIMATE PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive bonus podcast, After The Paracast, plus an enhanced version of The Paracast with the network ads removed, when you join The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes on your device. Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! For the easiest signup ever, please visit: https://www.theparacast.plus

This Week's Episode: Gene and cohost Tim Swartz present the all-encompassing views of Dr. Thomas F. Lawson, a psychologist and original thinker who has done extensive research into the ontology and history of super ancient Egypt and how all of its structures/temples/pyramids are part of a "Messianic/Mashiach Plan," now culminating and which, he says, will create a "new heaven and a new Earth." After personal research in Egypt, Dr Lawson developed and presented a number of PowerPoint lectures on antediluvian civilizations whose members fled after a world-wide cataclysm circa 11,000 B.C. to Egypt. This ancient, technological knowledge was used to build the pyramids and recorded this history on the Egyptian temple at Edfu. In 2009-11, Dr Lawson was privately invited to explore the Sphinx enclosure by the then Secretary General of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities Dr. Zahi Hawass as part of a five man "quiet" team with Raytheon Inc to use a new LIDAR tunnel detection system to surreptitiously search for the Atlantean Hall of Records. He has over 25 years experience in design, development and implementation of strategic, tactical and operational planning and systems analysis within numerous federal government, intelligence and defense environments. He is a highly experienced multi-discipline FAA Project and Air Traffic Control Facility Manager and Operations.

After The Paracast — Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on April 14: More incredible secrets of "Psychic Doctor" Edgar Cayce, Atlantis and Ancient Egypt with original thinker Dr. Thomas F. Lawson. He talks to Gene and cohost Tim Swartz about the mysterious Piri Reis map, shape-shifting UFOs, advanced aircraft in Atlantis, the Great Pyramids, quantum computing and cutting-edge inventor Nikola Tesla. In his working life, he is a Naval Intelligence Officer (US Navy Reserves and Active Duty. 1982-2006) holding TS/SCI/TK clearances with in-depth experience in Intelligence/Disaster Analysis & Preparedness, Systems based threat integration and response approaches. Dr. Lawson has alsoconducted Doctoral level research and consulting in areas of Organizational/Systems Design and improvement, and is a highly capable Public Speaker and Communicator, Mentor, Writer, Motivator and Teacher using both small and large group lectures and facilitation. Over the years, he has done extensive research into the ontology and history of super ancient Egypt and how all of its structures/temples/pyramids are part of a "Messianic/Mashiach Plan," now culminating and which will create a "new heaven and a new Earth." After personal research in Egypt, Dr Lawson developed and presented a number of PowerPoint lectures on antediluvian civilizations whose members fled after a world-wide cataclysm circa 11,000 B.C. to Egypt. This ancient, technological knowledge was used to build the pyramids and recorded this history on the Egyptian temple at Edfu.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Visit our new online shop for great branded merchandise at: https://www.theparacast.shop.

Talking Heads and the Theater of the Mind
By Gene Steinberg

When I grew up, radio was still in charge when it came to home entertainment, although it was being rapidly supplanted by television. So I got to listen to many of the classic adventure shows of days gone by, featuring such characters as Superman, The Green Hornet, The Lone Ranger and, of course, The Shadow.

With decent sound effects and descriptive entries in the script (“look at those footsteps in the brush to the left of us”) it was easy to imagine the goings on. With Superman, the man of steel uttered the fateful words, “Up, up and away” followed by a whoosh to represent him taking off.

You didn’t need film to fill in the fine details. Your imagination was as good as anyone’s. It’s why radio was regarded as the theater of the mind.

When I got into radio, dramas were history, and music and news were ascendant. With over 30 years of experience, from time to time I’ve had brief interludes of consideration about possibly adding TV to my resume. In the early 1970s, when I was a member of a regional branch of a press club in the Philadelphia area, I attended a dinner where one TV executive suggested I come over to his studios sometime and talk.

I never took him up on the offer. Maybe I should regret the decision, but I never thought of myself as the sort of individual who’d thrive on the tube.

After being out of broadcasting for more than two decades, I returned to radio in the early 2000s when I was offered the opportunity to join a fledgling online radio network. The network, MacRadio, failed, but I persevered independently as my first show, The Tech Night Owl LIVE, was marketed as a podcast and became available via Apple and other repositories.

As most of you know, The Paracast debuted early in 2006, continuing that tradition. The show took off unexpectedly, and, in 2010, we joined a real terrestrial radio network, GCN. We’re still carried by a dozen or two traditional stations around the U.S. We also continue to be available as a podcast, the very same show complete with all those network ads.

In 2014, we added The Paracast+, our own streaming subscription service that features an enhanced version of the show without the network ads, plus the bonus After The Paracast podcast.

But it’s still radio, and you can listen to it on numerous devices, such as smartphones and tablets, personal computers of all shapes and sizes, and so on and so forth. You can listen at home, at work (if your employer will tolerate it), while hiking, or on the road. Since there are no visuals involved, you can just listen and imagine how we all look and the appearance of our studio environments, or wherever our guests are being interviewed from.

Again, it’s the theater of the mind. All right, we did begin to include photos of most guests in show announcements in The Paracast Community Forums.

In the real world, an audio-only podcast is becoming an increasingly rare breed. More and more broadcasters are trying to tap an income source, YouTube, where building a decent-sized audience can be lucrative. We’ve tried a YouTube presence, but they won’t let us monetize The Paracast because the content is already available in other mediums.

In short, we’d have to produce a real video version with no guarantee that YouTube will let us get paid for views.

In theory, doing a video podcast (in essence a TV show) ought to be easy. Most personal computers come with a web cam of one sort or another. Unfortunately it’s not that easy. Many web cams, especially in older or cheaper Macs or PCs, are strictly standard definition. Compared to high definition, they are universally blurry.

What is surprising is that some popular YouTube podcasts feature poor quality video, although audio is usually quite decent.

But even with a decent camera, there is the set. Will the background display a living room, a kitchen, a bedroom, or will some effort be made to provide a more decorative setting? Some camera systems can create a green screen, meaning you can dub in any background you want.

Even if the podcast’s studio shot is acceptable, managing guest interviews can be troublesome, because you are depending on the quality of their setups, which can vary all over the place. Some guests on The Paracast don’t even use a computer, smartphone or tablet. They rely on a traditional landline telephone, obviously without any accompanying image.

Regardless of the quality of video podcast, the content is mostly a collection of talking heads, though some will dub in extra videos or slide presentations to amplify the content with some direct references to illustrate something or other. With remote interviews, they sometimes attain a professional level, an on-the-scene actuality.

Long and short, many of these podcasts may provide excellent content from an audio standpoint, but the video content is often superfluous. Most of the time when I bring up a YouTube podcast, I usually just listen and don’t worry about the video component.

Thus we are returned to that compelling “theater of the mind.”

But that doesn’t mean we’ve given up on YouTube. As many of you know, cohost Tim Swartz is an Emmy-Award winning television producer/videographer. Thus, he is in a position to devise a working format for an official Paracast TV presentation.

Now I’m not saying that there will be a Paracast TV show on YouTube in the near future. But it is something that’s under consideration.

In addition to a professional video presentation, the goal is to introduce material that is not already available on the regular shows, The Paracast and After The Paracast.”

There’s a lot of work left before Tim and I see if this is something that makes sense. But the early plan is to release a new program each week. Some will be confined to commentary, others will also feature special guests.

Will it happen? We don’t know? This isn’t something we’d want to toss together just to see if there’s an potential income stream on YouTube. It has to be something that you’ll want to watch on a weekly basis. All right, that means more potential views, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

So stay tuned. Maybe.

Copyright 1999-2024 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back