• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Yeti the Abominable Snowman, Big Foot, the Yowie

Free episodes:

freemars2259

Skilled Investigator
The Yeti or the Abominable Snowman, Bigfoot, and the Yowie, what are these ape like creatures?
Are they the same creature or just related or completely different creatures?
Are they related to mankind?
How intelligent are they, do they have a language?
Is there a UFO connection?
These are just some of the questions I have, does anyone have any ideas?

Here is a cool clip of the alien robot Yeti from Doctor Who:

AL6VnMbsIys

freemars2259 said:
The Yeti or the Abominable Snowman, Bigfoot, and the Yowie, what are these ape like creatures?

Variants of a species of yet unclassified primate.

freemars2259 said:
Are they the same creature or just related or completely different creatures?

Variants of the same species.

freemars2259 said:
Are they related to mankind?

Yes, they are very closely related to us.

freemars2259 said:
How intelligent are they, do they have a language?

Very intelligent; perhaps more intelligent than we are. Their ability to evade us and control the dynamics of our encounters with each other suggest this to me.

freemars2259 said:
Is there a UFO connection?

Personally, I doubt it, but some reports certainly point to some paranormal aspect to Bigfoot. In other words, just not flesh-and-blood typical creature.

What are these "paranormal aspect to Bigfoot", what do you mean by "not flesh-and-blood typical creature"?

I have my own theory of what some bigfoot sightings might be, perhaps people are seeing ghosts or some kind of recording (the stone tape theory) of ape creatures that died out thousands of years ago.

freemars2259 said:
What are these "paranormal aspect to Bigfoot", what do you mean by "not flesh-and-blood typical creature"?

There are reports that suggest a paranormal aspect to Bigfoot. For example, at the Skinwalker Ranch observers reported seeing these creatures enter and exit "portals". There have been reports of Bigfoot-type creatures observed at locations where UFO's have been observed. I believe there are even reports of Bigfoot-type creatures as UFO occupants. Those are the kind of reports that cause me to be open to the possibility of a paranormal aspect to Bigfoot.

By not flesh-and-blood I mean to say that if Bigfoot is some type of paranormal phenomenon then it is not like a deer, or antelope or a bear. Those are normal (not paranormal) creatures.

Please forgive me for blathering.

freemars2259 said:
I have my own theory of what some bigfoot sightings might be, perhaps people are seeing ghosts or some kind of recording (the stone tape theory) of ape creatures that died out thousands of years ago.

What an intriguing idea. Why no wooly mammoths or dinosaurs?

"What an intriguing idea. Why no wooly mammoths or dinosaurs?"

Good question, for what I know people might have seen ghosts or stone tape recordings of wooly mammoths or dinosaurs, this could explan some loch ness monster reports but I don't think so.
Lets assume wooly mammoths and dinosaurs have not be seen. To explain this we have to first consider what a stone tape recording is (if such a thing is possible). In my opinion it is the recording of a human memory stored in stone somehow, I think intense emotion in particular fear may play a part in making the recording. So when someone sees one of these recordings they are replaying the memory of someone else that has somehow been stored in the stone. As no humans were alive back in the time of the dinosaurs and very few humans would have gone near a mammoth without the upper hand, this might explain why they are not seen. Hope you can follow this. Any more thoughts.

freemars2259 said:
...lets assume wooly mammoths and dinosaurs have not be seen. To explain this we have to first consider what a stone tape recording is (if such a thing is possible). In my opinion it is the recording of a human memory stored in stone somehow, I think intense emotion in particular fear may play a part in making the recording. So when someone sees one of these recordings they are replaying the memory of someone else that has somehow been stored in the stone. As no humans were alive back in the time of the dinosaurs and very few humans would have gone near a mammoth without the upper hand, this might explain why they are not seen.

Fascinating.

Some kind've "quantum recording" is made if a human is there to see the event.

Certainly something to puzzle over.

Thanks.

If one takes into account the Trickster hypothesis, ala John Keel or Vallee, doors open, I think. Problem is, those doors don't lead to anything more firm than any other hypothesis.

But Mothman seemed to signal an impending disaster or at least a major change in an earthly and man-made dynamic, not only the collapse of a bridge, but that of lives and, ultimately, a collapse in the collective (man-made) conscious reality.

Could be that Bigfoot is just another manifestation designed to poke holes in our egocentric perceptions. Why not Bigfoot? Science still believes we come from apes. Why not our brother? Why not our brother who can't be? That as opposed to dinosaurs from which we did not come.

In the case of Mothman, an unearthly creature for which we cannot truly relate in any sense, and therefore with fear, we get big, disasterous results. In the case of Bigfoot, we are simply reminded that all is not what we believe it to be? That's pretty earth shattering.

Just musing. Don't know nuttin'.

"Fascinating.

Some kind've "quantum recording" is made if a human is there to see the event.

Certainly something to puzzle over.

Thanks."

Thanks for the interest. This theory might also explain the lack of physical evidence, how can you take a picture of a memory recording playing in your mind. But I also think there is a physical bigfoot as well, the theory wouldn't explain the foot prints.
Has anyone else got any thoughts to add.

Isn't it possible that there may be real, flesh and blood bigfoot, and sightings of bigfoot-type beings that have paranormal origins? The paranormal, whatever it is, seems to be adept at mimicry, and sensing our fears. When you consider some of the stories attached to bigfoot, for instance - some people have reported them vanishing into thin air, which suggests a paranormal explanation. But others have reported having rocks thrown at them by these creatures, or seeing them feeding.

Couldn't such a dichotomy also be relevant to UFO/alien sightings? Maybe some of them really are nuts and bolts craft controlled by organic creatures, whereas others could be some kind of paranormal manifestation. I'm not saying I necessarily believe this to be fact - just thought I'd add some thoughts to this interesting discussion.

That's where I was going with it, Siani. Guess I should have said something about their being real too. Didn't mean otherwise.

Poi said:
That's where I was going with it, Siani.

I guessed as much ;).

I've been doing a little bit of reading around the Trickster hypothesis recently, and the more I think about it, the more I suspect the phenomenon we refer to broadly as 'the paranormal', is something that's having an almighty giggle at our expense. Messing with human minds and perceptions certainly seems to be high on its list of favorite activities.

Yeah, it's sort of like the entities (not a great word, but there isn't one) long ago discovered we can't figure them out so they have us on at their whim.

Being "led by the nose" seems appropriate.

Back