• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Yahoo News article on Professor Jeffrey Meldrum's Bigfoot Research

tommyball

Skilled Investigator
Gene & David-

Today on Yahoo News, there was an article on Professor Jeffrey Meldrum PhD and the criticism his Bigfoot research has drawn. ( http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061104/ap_on_sc/professor_bigfoot )
Members of the academic staff at Idaho State University have criticized what they consider to be his "pseudo-academic" pursuits.

What is science if not the exploration of the unknown? Far too many scientists and researchers have been ridiculed for their endeavors to study the unexplained. This close-minded criticism is just another example of the crippling vanity of modern culture.

I hope that you can find time on a future show or online to urge listeners to voice their support of his research.

Thank you,
Todd Kale

tommyball said:
Gene & David-

Today on Yahoo News, there was an article on Professor Jeffrey Meldrum PhD and the criticism his Bigfoot research has drawn. ( http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061104/ap_on_sc/professor_bigfoot )
Members of the academic staff at Idaho State University have criticized what they consider to be his "pseudo-academic" pursuits.

What is science if not the exploration of the unknown? Far too many scientists and researchers have been ridiculed for their endeavors to study the unexplained. This close-minded criticism is just another example of the crippling vanity of modern culture.

I hope that you can find time on a future show or online to urge listeners to voice their support of his research.

Thank you,
Todd Kale

No promises, but we are making the effort to get in touch with him and talk further about this.

I remember J. Allen Hynek saying, Scientist, don't always act scientifically. I share the same opinion/observation.

If you get Meldrum on, I wanted to suggest bringing this video to his attention.

Not many people seem to be aware of this vid, and in my view, is more interesting than the vast majority of other alledged bigfoot vids out there. I'm no where near convinced this is an actual bigfoot, but find the vid interesting none the less.

Back