• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

WTF Contrails

BrandonD

Skilled Investigator
Hi, here's a weird experience that just happened this weekend.

My roommates were having a barbecue out in the empty lot next to our house, and I decided to go out there and sit with them for a while. While sitting out there, I looked up in the sky, which was about 2/3 covered with those thin cirrus-type clouds. The type of clouds that are way up high in the sky.

The largest cloud in the sky had a thin straight cut through it, it appeared as though a plane had flown through it and cut through the cloud cover from one end to the other. That in itself was not odd, but then I saw an airplane flying at one end of the cloud, towards the cloud. I watched as it flew *exactly* within the line of emptiness and was filling it with contrail, so that you could not see the line any more. It was so perfect and photoshop-looking that it was eerie, I pointed it out to a friend who was sitting next to me. She just said, "Yea that's weird" and went back to eating and talking.

It flew across the entire cloud and filled in the empty line perfectly, until you could not see the line anymore. Then after it left the cloud it arced downward, not sharply, still trailing a contrail, and flew below my line of vision.

Afterwards I was thinking, "What are the chances that I would be sitting at the precise angle where a plane would appear to fly perfectly over the trail of another plane and make its trail disappear?" It seemed to be more than a coincidental tracing though, because as soon as it followed the straight line in the sky to its end, it banked away.

Anyway, I have no idea what this means but it was weird. Maybe it was just a guy having a joyride in his plane, but it was over the buildings of downtown Houston which I don't think is allowed.

Whatever it was, that plane was really precise.

Back