• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Why are photos of UFOs fuzzy?

W

Woody Sideman

Hi all

I've been waiting for a while to see if any person who is interested in UFOs would pick up on the ?weird white thing? being shown by Google satellite:

Sightseeing with Google Satellite Maps

I found it to be curious that nobody has come up with any weird claims about it. It's a building that's located about five miles south west of the Kremlin. However, the most curious thing about this phenomena is that you can also see it in the docks at St Petersburg. If you zoom in to the north side of the island located in the docks area there are some ships tied up. If you zoom in on the ship at the southernmost part of the wharf you will see that the entire bridge of the ship also emanates this ?weird white thing?.

Conclusion. It is possible to distort images in photographs.

Question. Do UFOs use this technology and is that why pictures of UFOs are fuzzy?

Woody

Woody Sideman said:
Question. Do UFOs use this technology and is that why pictures of UFOs are fuzzy?

Woody

Most of the pictures (that are real, not faked) are fuzzy just due to limitations of cameras, film, and the distances they are usually shot from. The clips that end up being published are usually blown up from your typical 35mm camera shot, where the UFO is just a dot in an image. Night pictures, if taken with high speed film, will have poorer resolution because of the properties of the high speed film, and the lack of light to chemically convert more of the film to an image. Wider apertures in a camera also limit clarity and depth of field, so that it is much harder to capture the proper focus in limited light pictures.

Hopefully, the high quality and ease of use, digital cameras can help capture better images to work with now, as long as people don't expect their phone cam to serve the purpose (except for when the alien is in their bedroom or something).

I think the answer lies in the fact that the vast majority of genuine UFO photographs are taken by average people with average photographic skills.

Just look at their family holiday snaps....the same blurry, out of focus, wrong shutterspeed....people with their heads chopped off.............

The google image is interesting - it does not look like over exposure from reflected sublight. a digital artifact?

I've pretty much stopped looking at UFO photos and videos - how would you know which were 'genuine' and which were 'faked'?

If someone, other than NASA, presented a crystal clear photo of a UFO that looked exactly how you'd expect a 'space ship' or 'flying saucer' to look then I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't believe it to be a 'genuine' photo.

I mean, go and have a look at the photo evidence for the 'Vril Disks' - they look real to me...

Back