• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Whitley Streiber

Lavarat

Skilled Investigator
Do you guys have thoughts on him, and what do you think about the implant in his ear that is still there from when he was apparently abducted. Wether or not you believe him, or like him, doesn't he have a way of being curious?

Lavarat said:
Do you guys have thoughts on him, and what do you think about the implant in his ear that is still there from when he was apparently abducted. Wether or not you believe him, or like him, doesn't he have a way of being curious?

That's a difficult question for me. I met him several times over the years and had limited correspondence with him. He seemed sincere, but I have lots of questions about his abduction experiences that I would ask if we ever have him on the show.

He has changed over the years, and from the last couple times I heard him speak it was very much worthwhile and I did not know he still has an implant in his ear.

With evidence or not, I find Whitley to be credible & sincere.

I just bought The Day After Tomorrow this afternoon at my newsagency for $4.99AUD reduced from $18.99 & in perfect condition! :D

Did not see any folks with scalves around their neck & dark glasses reading communion & muttering about how he got this & that part wrong however.:D;)

I like him his other book "Majestic" I want to get. I think he should be on this show, he loves answering all about his abduction that happened, its an amazing story.

Lavarat said:
I like him his other book "Majestic" I want to get. I think he should be on this show, he loves answering all about his abduction that happened, its an amazing story.

I own Majestic in hard cover, it is such a nice take on the Roswell incident.

& yes, it would be absolutely unreal if somehow he would appear on The Paracast.

Goody.

Goody said:
Lavarat said:

& yes, it would be absolutely unreal if somehow he would appear on The Paracast.

Goody.

Majestic is fiction right?

Paranormal Packrat said:
Goody said:
Lavarat said:

Goody.

Yeah it sure is.

I also have 'The Grays' in Audiobook & that is a brilliant novel aswell, I suggest you all check it out ;).

Goody said:
Paranormal Packrat said:
Goody said:
Lavarat said:

Goody.

Yeah it sure is.

I also have 'The Grays' in Audiobook & that is a brilliant novel aswell, I suggest you all check it out ;).

Not into fiction. Too much of that already in ufology.

I don't read fiction at all, but because a serious view was written in a fictional context made me all the more anxious to read it. The Grays is really cool.

It might sound odd, but does anyone else have a difficult time grasping the concept that these 'whatevers' are physical beings like ourselves?

Whitley Streiber has to be one of the most fascinating people in the world of ET study. I am not an expert, but if you listen to his appearance on C2C I believe last week or so it was 4 hours of Whitley Streiber and the discussion of 2012 and the times we live in.

Lavarat said:
He has changed over the years, and from the last couple times I heard him speak it was very much worthwhile and I did not know he still has an implant in his ear.

He has part of it if I remember correctly. It moved when the Doc tried to get it. I've seen the vid.

Goody said:
I don't read fiction at all, but because a serious view was written in a fictional context made me all the more anxious to read it. The Grays is really cool.

It might sound odd, but does anyone else have a difficult time grasping the concept that these 'whatevers' are physical beings like ourselves?

Nothing odd about that at all. I posted a long audio/vid of WS speaking about the Greys. Listen to it? Anyway, he talks about two aliens living in an apartment, and one peed on the floor in front of him. That's definitely hard to believe.

I am in limited contact with Whitley and have read everything he's written after Warday. I like that since he can't prove things, he takes what he knows but can't prove, and weaves it into a fictional account, as in the Grays, which I must say was the most compelling novel I've read in many years.

He does seem sincere, curious, and interested in the rights of all citizens to be able to face this phenomenon without secrecy, and to help people looking for answers in their own lives.

I would vote very strongly for Whitley to be a guest on the Paracast. He will be pushing his new book and film 2012 soon, it would be a great time to get him on the show--and we can all ask him questions then.

Goody said:

I enjoyed The Greys very much. I believe the novel was Strieber's attempt to place some of his experiences into a larger context and apparently this novel is in development for theatrical release.

Based on our present view of ourselves, that we are indigenous biological creatures of earth, no I don't think that Strieber's beings are entirely like us. I think that they have the ability to manifest themselves in our present, but there is also an obvious level of technological/dimensional/spiritual advancement over us. With that in mind, there is a wide range of possible origins and/or explanations for these beings.

-todd.

tommyball said:
Goody said:

I enjoyed The Greys very much. I believe the novel was Strieber's attempt to place some of his experiences into a larger context and apparently this novel is in development for theatrical release.

Based on our present view of ourselves, that we are indigenous biological creatures of earth, no I don't think that Strieber's beings are entirely like us. I think that they have the ability to manifest themselves in our present, but there is also an obvious level of technological/dimensional/spiritual advancement over us. With that in mind, there is a wide range of possible origins and/or explanations for these beings.

-todd.

I enjoyed your analogy very much, it's what I had in mind but was kind of hoping someone else would write it better ;), well done. Yes you are correct that the novel will be made into a movie although the release date is supposed to be the end of next year I hear.

Shouldn't this thread be in the UFO contactee section?

Goody.

No, it shouldn't. We started discussing him as a potential guest. Every thread goes somewhat astray from time to time.

My last post had to do with him being a guest on the show. If The Paracast Discussion Forums / Talk About Our Paranormal Universe / General Freewheeling Chit-Chat / Whitley Streiber thread isn't "appropriate" enough to discuss Whitley Streiber and all things related, where else should we discuss it?

How about we get a little less formal around here? It's just a message board.

gilbavel said:
No, it shouldn't. We started discussing him as a potential guest. Every thread goes somewhat astray from time to time.

My last post had to do with him being a guest on the show. If The Paracast Discussion Forums / Talk About Our Paranormal Universe / General Freewheeling Chit-Chat / Whitley Streiber thread isn't "appropriate" enough to discuss Whitley Streiber and all things related, where else should we discuss it?

How about we get a little less formal around here? It's just a message board.

Hey it's all good I understand what you are saying absolutely, I was simply pointing out the fact that you mentioned which was that threads do go astray from time to time. We can keep it in here no problem.

I didn't mean to come across the way I did, just thought it might be more appropriate in the other section.

Goody.

Back