• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

We Now Do Auto Tagging -- With Your Help!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
I've activated our "tagging" feature. When you create a thread, it will take the title and split each word (other than such things as and, the, etc.) and make them into a tag.

Everything that's in quotes gets a single multi-word tag.

In some cases, this is great.

In other cases, individual words that should be a phrase are split up.

If you members want to be helpful, you can click the Edit Tags entry on the bottom of a thread, and enter the phrase to replace individual words as needed, such as someone's name.

So, for example, Stanton Friedman would show up as stanton, friedman. Just uncheck the original single words, when you enter the full name. :)

Questions, let us know.

Have fun.

Update!! We Now Do Auto Tagging -- With Your Help!

I can add tags but not uncheck any. They're all gray'd out except for the one I add.
All right -- we have fixed the tagging bug, with the help of the author of one of the vBulletin modifications we use, so we're using the feature again.

Back