• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Violent Ghosts.

T

Tommy Allison

So here's something unusual.

I'm sitting on my couch in my studio, minding my own business working. I'm just sitting there, and all of a sudden I felt something touch my forehead. It wasn't so much a physical touch as it was some kind of unusual sensation. I reach up to touch it, and I have this huge welt, and scratch on the upper right part of my forehead.

I didn't do it to myself, I was just sitting there working on a sculpt and watching tv when it happened. This isn't the first time this has happened. It has happened a couple of times since we've moved into this place. We've been here a couple years now, and we've had some weird issues from time to time. Things going missing, things reappearing, and of course the welts on my head.

I've tried the EVP thing, no luck. I wish I had been taping me sculpting, maybe that might have given me an answer. Talk about bizarre.

Did the wound hurt when it happened or did it just appear and you noticed it later?

Do you know anything about the history of the you place?

I was just sitting there. Felt kind of this cold / weird touch on my forehead, and then reached up to touch it, and felt this big knot on my head with a scratch on it.

As far as the history of the house, I have nothing. We moved here 2 years ago, and we've had all kinds of weird stuff happen. Our Cat was giving a tour of the place to his imaginary friend one night, but I think that may have been a result of a friend of ours passing away.

This is something new, and strange.

It's a half inch scratch. I should have taken a picture the night that it happened. Then it would actually look like something.

Have you had any experiences of being nervous in the house, or feeling like you're being watched? I've only had a personal experience with one spirit that I would call a negative entity...and he DEF would've hurt me if he could. There was A LOT of buildup before things got really bad. He loved to scare me..I guess I gave a good jolt of energy! hehe
You said this has happened before....any sort of regular interval?....connection to your state of mind at the time? phase of the moon? anything that might link the incidents?

No nothing unusual at all. I don't actually believe in the stuff that goes along with it. I was just working as usual. Nothing weird going on in my life, no real pressure. This has happened one other time where I was sitting minding my own business, and then reach up and find that I've got a knot on my head, with a similar scratch.

Talk about weird.

Anyway, no precursors, nothing in common, nothing have to do with mood, moon, or anything. No real rhyme or reason which makes it unusual.

I heard of hauntings were people wake up with scratches. I've not encountered this myself, but it seems within the realm of possibility.

I don't know. It certainly sounds like a malefic spirit the way you describe it.

Mr. Allison,

Do you engage in any activities that are traditionally associated with ghostly activity? I don't know much about ghost phenomena other than what I have personally experienced (I haven't read any of the research), so forgive me if this all sounds very kookie; do you engage in seances, ouija boards, channeling and suchlike? If so, perhaps this has something to do with what you describe as a violent ghost.

Do you think it could have been some kind of blister or hive or boil? Perhaps it has a medical explanation? I am not trying to be condescending; I am fascinated by what you describe and am trying to understand it.

You know more about what happened than the rest of us. What makes you attribute this to ghostly activity? What else has happened lately that seems to be outside of normal experience? You say that things go missing and then re-appear later. What else?

I have had a few wierd experiences that may have been related to non-corporeal entities. I have seen so-called "shadow people" 2 times. The most remarkable shadow person I saw once during the middle of the day in south Texas in July. I was mowing the grass when suddenly what appeared to be an upright cloud of darkness in the shape of a person (not just a shadow cast on the ground) moved across my front yard, within 10 feet of me, and continued to run down the street and around the corner until I couldn't see it any more. At the time, I had never used alcohol or marijuana (I was about 17 or so), so it was not a drug related hallucination. I have never taken any psychiatric drugs. If this was some kind of visual hallucination, it has only repeated one other time in my life. I do not think it was a hallucination.

There is more, lots more. I used to believe my parents' house was haunted. Perhaps it is, I don't know. My parents have both described intense ghostly phenomena present at every house where they've ever lived together. If only my father made these claims, I would think that he was just telling stories, but my mother doesn't make up stories and she says that the events really happened.

Allen

Chuckfinn- Thanks for sharing your experiences! I'm really intrigued by shadow people!

Tommy-Back to the scratches...do you feel any kind of sensation that makes you examine yourself, or you just randomly find a scratch? Does it burn...itch...etc?

I've never been a *big* believer that spirits can physically do things to you, but I'm sure there are exceptions, as with everything else. If this really is a violent spirit, you want to make sure they can't escalate this trick, and really do something harmful.

I can assure you that it wasn't any kind of skin thing, pimple, lesion, any of that.

This has happened to me on one other occasion in my studio.

I'm just sitting there working on whatever, and all of a sudden it's like you can feel a slight touch or something. It's as if someone were to touch your hair just enough to get your attention. I reached up and found a scratch on my forehead that stung when I touched it. I went downstairs to take a look at it, and it didn't bleed, but it was definitely a scratch.

This happened one other time while I was standing in my studio. Just working, minding my own business, and felt like there was just the lightest touch, and there was a mark. Different part of me though.

I'm not a big believer in the whole ghostly phenomena. In fact, I'm pretty well anti-ghost. However, this second event got my attention. I've had a couple of weird things happen in the house, but none of which I could really explain.

As far as any supernatural activities go, None. I don't engage in the whole seance/summoning thing. That's not my thing. I've tried the EVP thing, to no avail. That's about as involved as I've gotten, and even then that was only half-assed.

As bizarre as things have been in this house, I wouldn't normally talk about this stuff, had it not been for the fact that I simply cannot explain how I can be sitting on my couch in my studio working, and have something like this happen when both my hands are occupied.

When I got my scratch on the forehead, I felt absolutely nothing. For no reason, I reached up and felt my forehead, and there was this raised welt, with a big red scratch on it.

Well, Last night, it happened to my wife. This time, on the leg. She was wearing long pants, and was sitting on the couch. She went downstairs to change clothes and noticed this big red scratch on her leg. She didn't feel a thing.

Now this has been going on for a while now. I'm not a big believer in the paranormal, or supernatural where ghosts are concerned, but this was just downright weird.

Are you documenting these things? Maybe you should try to keep a log of date/time/location that the scratches are happening, and then see if there's a correlation to any other paranormal phenom. going on...moon phase...etc. You could try the EVP thing when the scratching happens. As long as you guys don't feel unsafe, go with it!

It's bizarre. As far as documenting things, not really. I never really thought about it til it happened to the Wife.

Crazy as it is, it seems to happen around 3:00 AM. Weird.

It's bizarre. As far as documenting things, not really. I never really thought about it til it happened to the Wife.

Crazy as it is, it seems to happen around 3:00 AM. Weird.

That actually makes sense to me....a lot of my early experiences happened around 2-3:00 am. So is this just the 2nd time, or are there other scratching incidents?

Back