• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

VIDEO YOUR OWN UFO! SOLAR Obliteration Technique

idontunderstand

Skilled Investigator
Hi folks,

How would you like to record your very own UFO? Now ill leave it up to you what definition you want to apply to the term UFO.

As quoted from the website -:

"Solar Obliteration is a technique mentioned on an episode of Sightings for capturing video images of UFO's. You can also find "The Technique" outlined, complete with pictures, at the web site of the individual who created it and appeared on the Sightings episode. It is so simple I thought it would be a great activity for science students to test pseudoscience claims by using the technique"

Heres the website link -:

http://www.scire.com/pseudo/sob.html

Please Note -: Obviously dont look at the sun directly with your eyes. Use the video viewfinder in your video equipment.

Also to verify your not picking up insects or such like try to point a second video cam at your main camera so you can verify on both images whether its a far image, or a small insect.

I saw this method on Sightings years ago and even if you just use your eyes and just about any object (side of a building, roof edge, etc.), you can notice some interesting things that you don't normally see in the atmosphere. Maybe it's just my skeptical side, but, I think most of the things I see are bugs. Maybe...

Yeah could be bugs, thats why i mentioned using a second cam, so you could refute or verify if it was bugs near the main camera. Hopefully that would pick up most insects (at least ones close to the camera). Would be interesting to try infra-red, and different spectrum ranges to see what else could possibly be picked up.

Back