• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Vallee/Davis Paper on UAP

Thank you for posting this.
I've just started to re-read Vallee's Dimensions, with the idea of reviewing all three books. I continue to be amazed at Vallee's thinking where all of this is concerned. . .it seems cutting edge, despite the fact that some of it is 30+ years old.
I can't help but think there really is something to the idea that if we ever find out what this is all about (don't think we will in my lifetime) we'll find it was something far more bizzare than we could have imagined. Why is it we (or me at least) have always just assumed that it was interstellar in nature?
Where is Vallee anyway?

nycjeff said:
Saw this on anomalist through another blog.
http://ufos.homestead.com/vallee-davis.pdf
Basically it seems to say that whatever UFOs/UAPs are, they will probably turn out to be a lot different than what we currently understand, a similar sentiment to what Mr. Biedny has said said on numerous occasions.

I remember NIDS from the Black Triangle story that hit Space.Com in '04, I think it was...

This will make for an interesting read. Thanks for the link. ...UAPs Could be anything. Why discount other explanations beyond interplanatary travel...

Great link!

OK, I've dug a little bit and have gone a bit further into my own question of "where is he now".
Without going into it too far, Vallee's activities as of late and associations with personalities and organizations in the world of the paranormal, when considering his history within the UFO community, would give rise to lots of questions and a fascinating podcast.

Noanswers said:
OK, I've dug a little bit and have gone a bit further into my own question of "where is he now".
Without going into it too far, Vallee's activities as of late and associations with personalities and organizations in the world of the paranormal, when considering his history within the UFO community, would give rise to lots of questions and a fascinating podcast.

Here's some stuff

"...His current endavors include his involvement in SBV Ventures [1] a Venture Capital Fund as a General Partner. He and the other General Partner, Graham Burnette [2] on SBV are also in the early stages of launching a second Venture Capital fund called Red Planet Capital[3] in which NASA is the Limited Partner [4]. Both funds focus their investments on very early stage start-ups in the Tech Sector in the Sillicon Valley area..."

Here's his website

Yeah, what happened? Why did he drop out of the scene? NIDS seems to have stopped almost all of its activity in 2004. I think getting him on for an interview would be an excellent idea.

As a scientist, I guess it helped him out to have actually seen a UFO. Heck, I'd be interested in just listening to him talk about his work on Close Encounters.

I want to know more about Red Planet Capital. . .something strange here.
And, he's a consultant for Bigelow Aerospace, owned and operated by none other than Robert Bigelow, yes, the Skin Walker ranch, NIDS guy.
Somebody tell me what the hell this is all about?

Noanswers said:
I want to know more about Red Planet Capital. . .something strange here.
And, he's a consultant for Bigelow Aerospace, owned and operated by none other than Robert Bigelow, yes, the Skin Walker ranch, NIDS guy.
Somebody tell me what the hell this is all about?

Definitely! Bigelow, is an extremely rich man and if memory serves, is building the first "Space Hotel" using basically his own money. I wonder if the 'Red Planet Capital" has something to do with private enterprise launching out to Mars? Seems likely.

If so, I'd love to find out Vallee's involvement in that.

I don't want to appear as though I see a deep level cover-up where ever I look, but (there's always a but) it looks like some of those govt groups that are known largely by acronyms are heavily involved in RPC.

To distinguish between the two, Vallee proposes a "Control System Hypothesis," which is different from the "Extra-Dimensional Hypothesis" Biedny seems a proponent of. Obviously I can't speak for either- this is just how it seems to me. I'd be interested to know what Biedny thinks of Vallee's ideas, and if they can get Vallee on the show *that* would be a major coup. I think Vallee is one of the last of the greats in Ufology.

Koji-
I couldn't agree more. His presence on the show would be great.
As an aside, if anyone could synopsize Vallee's idea of a "control mechanism"?
Sometimes I wonder if the appeal of Jacques Vallee isn't the vagueness of his overall ideas.
It reminds me of studying postmodernism in a university english department; there were a ton of PM adherents but most were at a loss to define the subject.

I agree Vallee's "system" is vague, but I think it's vagueness is part of its appeal (to me). I probably will horribly mangle any attempt at a synopsis (his book "Dimensions" goes into it), but the control system hypothesis basically differs from most other explanations in that it assumes the minimum "known" facts about UFO's (again, this is just my personal opinion).

Basically, all we know about UFO's for certain (I'm sure there are plenty who will debate this) is that they, as a phenomenon, affect us (ie, people). Accordingly, we react to the phenomenon. Because we react to them, we are changing as a society, although how and at what pace is unknown (but perhaps the most objectively quantifiable aspect of UFO's). This suggests some system, intelligence, or other 'controlled/controlling' mechanism, but beyond this we can't say whether they are from outer space, our collective psyche, another dimension, or wherever.

I like this view because of its minimalism and empirical grounding. It's also a sociological point of view, which I prefer to the "nuts-and-bolts" type of views (which I think are limited and what Vallee would probably label under the "physical" aspect of UFO's), but at the same time not as purely phenomelogical as the bulk of modern abductee research, which seems at the other end of the spectrum (ie, very subjective and often highly speculative).

An added benefit of Vallee's ideas (to me) are that they adapt themselves very well to manipulation of the UFO phenomenon by people, be they governments or cults or whoever, for other motives. By exploring UFO's from the starting point of 'how do they affect people' rather than 'what are they' or 'why do they do what they appear to be doing to us,' one can gain a much greater idea of the scope and nature of 'human' manipulation of the phenomenon. (In this regard Vallee is one of the most penetrating and insightful skeptics I've ever read).

Well, that's my attempt :rolleyes:

Back