• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Unknown experiences recently

jarshua

Skilled Investigator
I hesistated to post these experiences for fear that coupled with my UFO sighting I would seem to be a crazy person. It's one thing to have AN experience but what is to be thought of one person having multiple experiences that are so different? Well, may fortune favor the bold, here goes...
About a year ago my family and I moved into a very old, six bedroom house. My wife and I have two small boys, 3 years old and 2 years old now. The house was built in the 1880s by the local mining company as a boarding house for visiting management. According to my wife's grandmother, when she was a kid the local constable lived there for years. This information made sense to us because out front was an iron lamp post with a decorative name plate still bearing his last name. More recently, about 30 years ago it was rented to an organization that runs assisted group homes for the mentally challenged. My aunt worked there for quite a while. They closed a few years back and it has been a rental property ever since. We were very excited to be moving into such a large house because we had been living in a two bedroom second story apartment. It was fairly easy to find room for all our stuff because we had more rooms than we knew what to do with. We made one room upstairs our bedroom, the room next to it was for the boys. The third upstairs bedroom was a guest room, and the fourth and final upstairs bedroom was a glorified closet where we put all our clothes. Downstairs there were two more bedrooms off of the large room where the stairs were we called the sitting room, one was the tv room, the other a toy room. We had been sleeping in the guest room because the king size bed we had purchased was back ordered and that's where our old bed was. The heating system was hot water base board that ran through all the rooms and it was pretty noisy sometimes but predictable. It made a light clunk followed by slow ticking in the corner of the guest room.
The day we began moving in we had an appointment to have the water turned on. We timed the first trip with the uhaul to be there when the water guy showed up. He turned on the water and I checked all the faucets including the upstairs bathroom. We stayed for about 40 minutes after that to make sure there were no leaks or other problems, then went back to the apartment to load the uhaul again. We returned to the house a few hours later and went in through the kitchen door. What we found was a waterfall coming through the kitchen ceiling from the upstairs bathroom. I ran upstairs as fast as I could to see what the problem was. The tub, the sink, and the standup shower were all running and overflowing flooding the floor in about an inch of water. I knew I hadn't left them on when I checked them, why would I? We didn't know what had happened but we cleaned it up and figured maybe there was ice in the pipes and when it melted the water poured out. I really didn't understand it but I didn't dwell on it. So we moved in without any other incidents. We had lived there for about two weeks when one night we were in bed (guest room) and the heater was making it's usual sounds. I heard footsteps out in the hallway on the hardwood floor, adult, shoes on, floor squeaking, footsteps. Nobody else should have been in the house and the boys were in bed with us. My first thought when my heart skipped a beat was someone had broken in, I needed to protect my family. I got up and slowly as quiet as I could and proceeded to search upstairs. I didn't hear anyone go down the extremely squeaky stairs so they had to hiding up here and I was gonna get them. I was very afraid as I searched each room armed with a bat. I also felt pretty silly as I moved through each doorway like I was in a cop movie and found nothing, NOTHING. I knew nobody could get down he stairs quietly but I went anyway and searched each room, NOTHING. I was positive about what I heard but I couldn't find anything so I went back to bed. It was only about five minutes later as I layed there that the footsteps started again, this time right outside the door. This time I flew out of bed grabbing my bat at the same time and flung the door open. Nothing...
That's when it occurred to me that instead of an intruder I may have been looking for a resident. I didn't sleep well that night and the footsteps continued on and off for hours.
I didn't hear anymore for about a week, we were laying in bed, this time my wife was awake too. She said "do you hear that?" I heard the footsteps clearly but didn't want her to be afraid in the house. I said "What, the heater?" she said "No, I hear someone walking." and I said "honey, that's the heater. Lets get to sleep." She narrowed her eyes at me and said" I'm not stupid, go check it out." So the bat I and made the rounds again only to find nothing.
While that continued on random nights we had a few other experiences also. The boys would occasionally react to and jabber at empty rooms and point at nothing, and one night while we were watching a movie in the tv room we heard what sounded like every pot and pan we owned fall onto the kitchen floor. I went to check it out and nothing was out of place. I couldn't find a cause for the loud crashing anywhere in the house.
We had lived there about four months before we were forced to move, the landlord had sold the house to someone who wasn't interested in renting it out. We found a three bedroom house and moved there. That's when my mom told me a story she had not wanted to tell while we lived in that old house. When my Aunt worked at the shared home she said there was a woman who lived there(I will call her Susan) that always talked about a little girl that would come to play with her. They didn't think anything of it, as there were many residents with an active imagination. One Christmas my aunt was working by herself and only one resident hadn't gone to stay with family for the holiday. She said she was sitting in the room we called the sitting room when at the bottom of the stairs appeared a little girl in a dress who said "Where's Susan?"
In this new house we went about three months with no experiences, must've been that old house I figured. Then the boys started again with the looking at nothing, talking to nobody, and pointing. One time my older boy was looking into the dark dining room, he was pointing and trying to get me to see something, and laughing. My wife wasn't here at the time so the next day I was telling her about it. She asked him "Do you have a friend?" and he said "yeah :)" "what is your friend's name?" she asked. He said "Jodgie" she aked him what Jodgie looked like and he pointed at the baby and at me and said "Daddy, Baby."
What he doesn't know about is that Jodgie is what we called my polish grandfather. I admit I'm not sure about the spelling but mom always said Grandpa in Polish is Jodge, hence "Jodgie."
The next day was the last incident so far. One morning after I left for work, my wife was getting ready for work when she heard someone coming down the stairs. She assumed I'd forgotten something and had come back. She went to meet me at the bottom of the stairs to tell me something and as the footsteps neared the bottom she looked at empty stairs. She then looked out the window and my car wasn't there either. She was scared so she grabbed her things up quickly and hurried to the front door to leave. She said she could hear the footsteps chasing her on the way out.
We haven't had anything happen lately, but it took a break before. I'm not sure what it is, or why it started but I know when it started. That old house. I have never had any experience like those before and neither has my wife.

Spooky. Really that is some spooky, spooky shit. I think you would be a great candidate for the next 'listener as guest' episode of the Paracast (that is, if youre comfortable with talking about it).

Youve never felt threatened in any way? (apart from when your wife felt like she was being chased)

Spooky. Really that is some spooky, spooky shit. I think you would be a great candidate for the next 'listener as guest' episode of the Paracast (that is, if youre comfortable with talking about it).

Youve never felt threatened in any way? (apart from when your wife felt like she was being chased)

I'm not uncomfortable talking about it, I think anyone who is closed minded enough to pass judgement is probably not someone who's opinion matters to me. I've never been afraid of them, I grew up as a fat kid.;)

As for feeling threatened, other than the fear I naturally felt when the experiences were happening nothing made me feel threatened specifically. I felt a bit more empowered because I wanted to protect my family, but If I had been alone I might've just ran away. I'm curious about the unknown but I'm not immune to fear.

as if my post wasn't long enough already....
I just thought of another thing that happened in the house we live in now. One night we were all in the living room, the stairs are right there but run parallel to the wall and are enclosed. We heard a plastic clatter noise on the stairs and I walked over to peek up the stairs (very nervous) the only thing there on the wooden stairs was one of the plastic/golden chrome toy pirate coins that belong to my son.It was on the fourth step up. I said to my wife "did it sound like this?" I picked the coin up and dropped it on the step from about 3 feet up. it clattered just like the sound we heard. She said "Exactly like that!" we have no idea how it could've fallen from anywhere. The walls are plain and have no contours, the hand railing is rounded and on the opposite side of the steps from where the coin rested.

I hesistated to post these experiences for fear that coupled with my UFO sighting I would seem to be a crazy person. It's one thing to have AN experience but what is to be thought of one person having multiple experiences that are so different? Well, may fortune favor the bold, here goes...
This stuff all seems to lump together somehow. I've had some UFO encounters many years ago. I didn't speak of these experiences for a long time. When I did start talking about them with others , in an attempt to figure out what the hell is going on, it seemed to set off a flap of "ghostly" events. Not much fun. I hope things smooth out for you.
Have you experienced synchronistic phenomenon...seemingly incredible coincidences that seem to have meaning. That seems to go along with the other stuff.

This stuff all seems to lump together somehow. I've had some UFO encounters many years ago. I didn't speak of these experiences for a long time. When I did start talking about them with others , in an attempt to figure out what the hell is going on, it seemed to set off a flap of "ghostly" events. Not much fun. I hope things smooth out for you.
Have you experienced synchronistic phenomenon...seemingly incredible coincidences that seem to have meaning. That seems to go along with the other stuff.

Yes, now that you mention it I have. There are many in fact but two come to mind right away. I worked in a factory for about 8 years, on my very first day they assigned me to work with a guy(I will call him Bill) on a two man assembly operation. We held that position together for a year and became good friends.We took a fishing trip, we talked about everything, we played pranks on one another, we had great fun. Eventually I was moved against my will to a different position with different breaks and shift times because they needed help in another area and I was the low man on the totum pole. We lost touch and a few more years went by and we just never ran into each other. One day I went to the restroom and on my way out there he was. We chatted for a few seconds but had to get back to work. We said we would definitely have to get together soon and hang out.
The next day I was working with a group of people when one of the girls said "You knew Bill didn't you?" I swung my head around" what do you mean knew? she said he had been killed the night before in a car crash heading home. It was icy and his car slid into the other lane in front of a Tractor trailor. I was in shock, I had JUST seen him hours before. I will never get over learning about the death of my friend in such a casual way.
Now, in the position I was forcefully sent to when I was seperated from Bill I met a guy I'll call Don. Don and I didn't hit it off all the time, we had lots of laughs and lots of conflict but we never took it personally and we were friends that weren't afraid to argue. Eventually I took a job in the warehouse and he took a job as a floor manager. We had to interact daily and the fun and conflict increased with the level of our positions. Eventually we both left the factory and I didn't see him for a couple years until this past summer. I stopped at the Local Convenience store to get gas and he was heading towards his truck. We said "Hey how are you doin?" etc but we were both in a hurry and went our ways. Two days later I learned that he had a fight with his girlfriend, went out and got drunk, and went missing. They found him in his crashed truck over a small bank, he had died in the crash and the truck wasn't visible from the road. Once again I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a couple years just before they died.

That's pretty weird. I've had a similar event. I used to carpool to community college with a guy named Leroy. We weren't really close friends but we got along fine, just never hung out outside of school. I was picking my girlfriend up after work, and as we were walking she asked how Leroy was doing. I hadn't seen him in months and shortly after she asked about him he came driving through the lot on his motorcycle. He stopped to say hi and I told him we were just talking about him. I remember him replying "Speak of the Devil..."
The next morning in the newspaper was a story about a bad accident, a motorcycle had run a redlight and hit a car. He has been in a nursing home in a vegetative state for over 10 years now.

That is weird! Just this past summer I told a story to my wife about this woman I used to work with and We ran into her an hour later. I hadn't seen her in ages! Nothing unfortunate happened to her though I have run into her since. So at least that means running into me isn't always a curse.
Also when I was a kid maybe about 6th grade or so, we had a festival for school, maybe homecoming or something I don't remember. I went to the pizza booth to get a slice of pizza (fat kid hungry ;p ) After I ordered it I realized I had lost the money my dad gave me and I felt foolish, ashamed, and embarrassed in front of the small group of older kids in line. I was just going to walk away when a older boy I didn't know said "hey, wait a second." He gave the girl running the booth the money for my pizza and said "Here ya go buddy, I got ya." Well, being young and still feeling pretty foolish I said thank you, but I've never felt like I said it good enough. The following day was prom at the school, it's a very small school, about 50 students per grade or less. Everybody knows just about everyone else. That night there was a crash with four of the kids coming from the prom, one of them was ejected through the windsheild and killed instantly. The rest survived with injuries. Word got around school fast monday morning, I didn't recognize the name of the boy who was killed so someone showed me in the yearbook. I'm sure you know who it was.

I've got another one that's a bit of switcheroo. I was in high school with this guy named Billy. One day he and I and another buddy skipped school. Billy had procured a case of wine. Jamming around and playing pinball while killing a case of wine seemed like a lot more fun than going to school. Later that night he was in a car crash and I was told he was not going to make it.
Fast forward about 5 or 6 years...I'm driving down the highway and see a guy hitch-hiking. I thought I just saw a freakin' ghost! I stop and back up. Sure enough, it's Billy. Apparently he was in a coma for like a year and I had just never followed up on his condition and filed him away as dead. I gave him a ride for about 20 miles and then dropped him off. Haven't seen or heard of him since.

Wow, that's freaky. You should try to find him, wouldn't it be insane if you found out that he HAD died?
On another note, In my original post I said I had never had any experiences like that before that old house. True, I have never had a ghostly experience at home before. What I forgot to mention though are a few sideline experiences that I had at a previous job. I never saw or heard anything like at that house but you may agree they are strange. In my senior year of high school I became a Nursing Assistant at a nursing home. I worked there almost four years before going to the factory I mentioned earlier. I had several incidents while working there but I can never remember them all unless something reminds me of it. Anyway, one that I'm thinking of now is actually a series of incidents over a period of time. It started very simply. I was doing my morning baths and needed a hand lifting someone from bed into a chair. I went down the hall where one of the women I worked with was in a room helping one of the guys shave with an electric razor. They were having a conversation so I just leaned against the doorway waiting for a chance to ask for help. She had him in his wheelchair facing away from the door and she was concentrating on shaving him. Before I had a chance to say anything, he said to her "Josh is back there, isn't he." I have no idea how he knew that I was there. Fast forward maybe a year or so later. I was now the one in charge of taking care of the residents in that room, the same guy was still there, and he had one leg amputated since then. He and I developed a buddy relationship, we got along good. I was working the 4-midnight shift and I would walk right past his room when I ended my shift every night. I would always glance into my rooms as I walked by just to make sure everything was okay. One night I was leaving and as I walked by his room he was sitting there wide awake, so I stepped in and said "Is everything okay?" he nodded and said "yeah". I said "do you need anything before I go?" and he said "nope" so I said "okay well see you tomorrow buddy." He said "Okay." and I left. This was at midnight. The next day I came into work and they told us in preshift report that he had died. I said "Oh no, when?" They said that the night shift found him. That night when the night shift came in I asked the girl who found him what happened. She said "I checked all the rooms when I started about five after 12 and there he was." I couldn't believe it, he must've died right after I walked out, and I said so. She said "No way, he was already grey and cold."
Fast forward again about six months. There is a new guy in that room. He was mostly incoherent, but I always talked to him. He would ramble things that made no sense. One day I had him in the bathroom washing him up and in the middle of his rambling he said clearly "That guy at night." I stopped and said "what's that? What guy at night?" I was surprised he had actually said something clearly. He said " That one legged fella, come da see me at night. He used ta have mah bed." After that I never heard him say anything that made sense again.

Oh goodness! I woulda felt terribly guilty and probably woulda never drank wine after that one! :eek:

BUT then when ya saw him again, that musta made you feel better! DO find out for sure what happened with him! That WOULD be weird if he really DID die!:eek:

I've got another one that's a bit of switcheroo. I was in high school with this guy named Billy. One day he and I and another buddy skipped school. Billy had procured a case of wine. Jamming around and playing pinball while killing a case of wine seemed like a lot more fun than going to school. Later that night he was in a car crash and I was told he was not going to make it.
Fast forward about 5 or 6 years...I'm driving down the highway and see a guy hitch-hiking. I thought I just saw a freakin' ghost! I stop and back up. Sure enough, it's Billy. Apparently he was in a coma for like a year and I had just never followed up on his condition and filed him away as dead. I gave him a ride for about 20 miles and then dropped him off. Haven't seen or heard of him since.

look him up on www.whitepages.com or google him. Myspace maybe? I have to know!
I found a person with the right name and age in the right general area, but it costs $39.95 to verify, so screw it...that's a week of groceries. I'm quite certain he was a very live person. I shook his hand. It was warm. We had a beer (back in the good ol' days before there was an open container law in Texas). It would be a good campfire tale if otherwise turned out to be true, but I don't feel that's the case.

Back