• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UK UFO Files

The Hawk

Skilled Investigator
MoD opens its files on UFO sightings to public

May 3rd..
Am I living under a rock..

"The documents due for release are witness reports of apparent UFO sightings, many by civil pilots and military personnel. Most were simply collected and filed by a small, secret unit within defence intelligence called DI55. A few are thought to have been investigated further by the military, but the details have never been made public. There are 24 files due for release, each containing 200-300 reports of sightings, plus internal MoD briefings and correspondence."

That's like 5000+ cases!

The Hawk said:
Most were simply collected and filed by a small, secret unit within defence intelligence called DI55.

Remarkable.

Why would they have a "secret unit" to investigate UFOs, if they a) don't exist, or b) don't pose a risk to national security? Doesn't make a lot of sense, eh?

From the "Hawk"
That's like 5000+ cases!

And,,multiply that by, let's says, 100+ developed countries around the World, with the same modus operandi......that would be.....500,000..!!!...

MarsAve

Screw files. I want them to throw out a live alien. I want to tickle it. /Koochie Koo.

I'm always hearing rumors about the MOD releasing stuff. This time around it was true I guess.

The Hawk said:
That's like 5000+ cases!

Of course, the majority of those cases will be nothing more than a mis-identification of the planet Venus... :D

I suspect, that in the end, they'll keep the 'remarkable' case details back and just release the 'unremarkable' stuff...

Nick Pope believes they aren't hiding anything huge. I betting this is full disclosure for the UK. There will be plenty of remarkable ones with radar and whatnot the problem is mainstream scientists won't read it; so it will be as if it didn't exist. The major studies done on UFOs have about a 20% unidentified including Bluebook. I suspect statistically that means theirs will be about that..

Back