• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFO at the Park

JayRennick

Paranormal Novice
Ive had one sighting but im not 100% convinced. It was around 2001. Myself and some friends were playing football in the local park. It was a scorching hot day and not a cloud in sight. At some point I looked up and noticed something that wasn't there before.

It was pretty high up in the sky but not so far away that i couldnt make out any details. It appeared to be spherical and of metallic texture and i remember being able to make out some glare from the sun reflecting off one side which I think helped to distinguish its shape. The people I was with also saw this but it was of general agreement that it was probably a satelite and didnt pay too much more attention although i did keep an eye on it until it just vanished.

Its always in the back of my mind that it was a satelite but I dont think a satelite would be that low in our atmosthere and im not aware of any that are spherical. It was very reminicent of those which were filmed in large numbers over mexico a while back.

Ive had one sighting but im not 100% convinced. It was around 2001. Myself and some friends were playing football in the local park. It was a scorching hot day and not a cloud in sight. At some point I looked up and noticed something that wasn't there before.

It was pretty high up in the sky but not so far away that i couldnt make out any details. It appeared to be spherical and of metallic texture and i remember being able to make out some glare from the sun reflecting off one side which I think helped to distinguish its shape. The people I was with also saw this but it was of general agreement that it was probably a satelite and didnt pay too much more attention although i did keep an eye on it until it just vanished.

Its always in the back of my mind that it was a satelite but I dont think a satelite would be that low in our atmosthere and im not aware of any that are spherical. It was very reminicent of those which were filmed in large numbers over mexico a while back.

As I understand it, satellites are generally in a geosynchronous orbit, which is over 35,000 km up. So I don't think they would be visible in the daytime.

I've seen some at night, and they are nothing more than a pinpoint of light.

Another thing that's interesting is that satellites are always in motion. It sounds like the thing you saw hovered for a while and then vanished. If that's true then I'm pretty sure you can rule out a satellite.

Then again, if you didn't see the craft doing crazy acrobatics or something really out of the ordinary, there'll probably always a doubt in the back of your mind.

Back