• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Two men face charges after Boston security scare

mjw

Skilled Investigator
I just read this article on reuters this morning and it made me wonder... If two people are getting charged for this small publicity stunt then what would happen to Orson Wells if he had done his War of the Worlds broadcast today? Life in prison? The death penalty?

Orson would have been charged as a terrorist and given the death penalty after a month or so of abuse at Guantanamo.
Do they give terrorists a lethal injection, or do they just give a couple of marines baseball bats and cut em loose? Nothing quite as satisfying as the crack of a Louisville Slugger when it's your team up at bat!

What charges do these guys face? I read the article a couple times but didn't see it stated. Prison?

These guys must really believe that bad publicity is good publicity.

Very, very stupid of them in my opinion.

I just saw the devices the guys were putting up...nothing in any way bomb-like about em...they look like the old light bright toys kids used to want till they had one about an hour.
If anything they beautified the area they were placed in.
People, get a freakin grip huh?
Luckily the poor bustees were working for a company with enough money to buy em some nice Jewish lawyers with raised letters on thier business cards.
Then they'll get to sue the city, the cops, the newspapers, faux network and everybody!
Never misunderestemate the power of raised letters.
Especialy when they spell Sheckler, Adelstein, and גאָלד !

"Remember, this is Boston"

A very pertinant point friend Mogwa!

Beantown is as Beantown does.
They had the most horrificaly ugly female I believe I've ever seen on some news program about it that my wife was watching...she was all up about it like the whole intent of the deal was to startle her...hell she startled me.
She looked like some kind of washed out red haired human sized nutcracker, like the one you see on posters for the "Nutcracker Suite", shaved... I'll take bets she'll never get close to any human nuts....wait a minute, you'r words come back to haunt me..... "Remember, this is Boston"...where they drink Beyah in duh bah, and pahk duh cah in duh pahkin laht.

I guess the cards would need to read O'sheckler, YeAdelstein, and a pot ofגאָלדa at the end of the rainbow?

If that woman testifies against them in deposition on videotape the judge is gonna throw that case out rather than risk seein her in person. Oh, wait...This IS Boston we're talking about...she might be considered a real looker there. (shudders) Anybody know where I can get some eye bleach at this hour?

Yes, having grown up in the Boston area I can certainly testify to its , let's call it - uninformed excitability. I don't live there anymore and haven't visited in over 18 years.

Let's not forget how this vague fear mongering helps the illiterate monkey's Iran initiative. I'm sure that all the FOX (For Obtuse Xenophobes) News devotees are already convinced there is an Iran connection. "We've gotta git them terrorists - pass the fried cheese!" "Ya know they're jes jealous of our fried cheese!"

Perhaps you'd like something to drink with that fried cheese?

This song actually got BANNED in some markets, but I understand they play it every game at Fenway Park.

Dirty Water by The Standells

I'm gonna tell you a story
I'm gonna tell you about my town
I'm gonna tell you a big bad story, baby
Aww, it's all about my town
Yeah, down by the river
Down by the banks of the river Charles (aw, that's what's happenin' baby)
That's where you'll find me
Along with lovers, fuggers, and thieves (aw, but they're cool people)
Well I love that dirty water
Oh, Boston, you're my home (oh, you're the number one place)
Frustrated women (I mean they're frustrated)
Have to be in by twelve o'clock (oh, that's a shame)
But I'm wishin' and a-hopin, oh
That just once those doors weren't locked (I like to save time for my baby to walk around)
Well I love that dirty water
Oh, Boston, you're my home (oh, yeah)
Because I love that dirty water
Oh, oh, Boston, you're my home (oh, yeah)
Well, I love that dirty water (I love it, baby)
I love that dirty water (I love Baw-stun)
I love that dirty water (Have you heard about the Strangler?)
I love that dirty water (I'm the man, I'm the man)
I love that dirty water (Owww!)
I love that dirty water (Come on, come on)

<End>

Begin Scroll

Yeah, come to think of it, I aint ever heard of no band singing

wait for it

here it comes

THE REMIX!

Dirty Allah by the Sandells

I'm gonna tell you all a story.
I'm gonna tell you about my town.
The one where we all love Allah.
The one where we don't get down.
The one where we're five times a day bowing. (who farted?)
To that tin loudspeakers sound.
Well I love that dirty Allah.
uh,uh, Tehran your my home.(oh no)
That's where you'll find me, (have you heard about how we get stoned?)
At abdul's used camel land. (that's the place where Omar got boned)
I said that's where you'll find me. (I'm a man! I'm a man!)
At big fat Abdul's used camel land.(OWWWW!)
And if I blow myself up, (bring em on, bring em on)
it's just fried cheese envy man.

Back