• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

TV broadcast from the future

ALI3N INSID3R

Paranormal Novice
Hi all. Has anybody else experienced anything like this?
The year was roughly 1992, on a business trip in Nottingham, UK. Staying at a hotel near to Trent Bridge cricket ground. I was due to wake early the following morning, so turned in early for the evening. I decided to catch up on a soap opera, and during the first segment of the show (not during the commercial break), there was interference on the TV. The soap faded out and an image of a city faded in. Celebrations were taking place in regards to a big company (cannot remember the name) stating that this (the broadcast) was the first time broadcast to be made, back in time to 1992! People were celebrating, like a carnival atmosphere, the lady presenter was very happy. Then the broadcast faded out and the soap opera came back on.... VERY STRANGE! I have since asked others if they recall anything, but nobody can. I was not dreaming as I was wide awake, and had not consumed any alcohol or drugs...

Anybody else experience anything like this??

Thanks

Matt

Ps. I had an email from an anonymous person claiming they too had experienced this, but they never got back to me...

Hello,
What soap opera was it?
was it on Channel 4, ITV or did the hotel have satellite or cable TV?
roughly what time of year was it e.g. Summer/winter.

The presenter misspoke - happens all the time. Perhaps she meant 1962 - maybe she meant 1892. Maybe the text she was reading had the numbers wrong and she was on automatic pilot, not paying attention to what she said.

Maybe you misheard her - or misunderstood what she was saying/meaning. Lots of possibilities.

But some questions: about how long did the interference happen? did you notice anything unusual about the dress of the people, or what they were doing? did the scene seem normal? was the presenter's year reference the only oddity?

Also a side caution FYI - a few oddities about what you are claiming that whisper 'hoax' (but a fun one) -

- this kind of thing has one very obvious element that makes it suspicious - the fact that you have placed this event so far in the past that it is unlikely there is anyone who would be on-line who would be able to verify it, either as something they recall, or as something that could be checked with the television station;

- you have introduced an added 'mystery' - an anonymous e-mailer. Suggests you are spicing the pot. Why would anyone have e-mailed you about this - let alone anonymously? Have you spoken about this before in some context? What prompts you to speak of it now? (BTW: there is not enough description or time tracking in your recall of the event).

- I am aware of other scenarios presented on YouTube out of Britain claiming that broadcasts have been interrupted by alien voices warning about impending doom or arrival or whatever. There are actual video recordings of such from 1977. As follows - the alien has an English accent, too! Very famous incident -

A poster explains: "A more logical Wikipedia explanation.
At that time, the Hannington UHF television transmitter was unusual in being one of the few transmitters which rebroadcast an off-air signal received from another transmitter (Southern Television's Rowridge transmitter on the Isle of Wight), rather than being fed directly by a landline. As a consequence it was open to this kind of signal intrusion, as even a relatively low-powered transmission very close to the receiver could overwhelm its reception of the intended signal, resulting in the unauthorized transmission being amplified and rebroadcast across a far wider area. The IBA stated that to carry out a hoax would take "a considerable amount of technical know-how"[4] and a spokesman for Southern Television confirmed that "A hoaxer jammed our transmitter in the wilds of North Hampshire by taking another transmitter very close to it."[2] However, like the Max Headroom broadcast signal intrusion a decade later, the identity of the intruder was never confirmed.

The following Wikipedia article has a good run-down of incidents of broadcast hacking -

LINK: Broadcast signal intrusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You may still have better luck going to the television station itself - even after all this time. It's possible this is an incident that was reported but is just not famous enough to have made it into the annals of Wikipedia.

Last edited:
Hi Tyger, thanks for the comprehensive answer. I can assure you that what I have written here really happened. I have been trying to find an answer for years. I originally posted here:

Fortean Times Message Board :: View topic - tv broadcasts from the future?

As you can see, it was a few years ago, and I do reference the email that I received from another forum member (unfortunately, I re-formatted my pc with the email on and lost there contact details...)

I know it sounds far fetched, but it really happened!

The scenes looked very futuristic, but very clean and bright. Everybody was happy. I think it was the broadcaster of the item who invented the time travel broadcast.

Sorry for sounding rather vague..

Matt

Ps. I was the originator of the thread (anonymous), then Fortean Times reset the account for some reason, I did post the original as 'skunkimunki' , also I posted recently as 'matt_tee'.

Last edited:
I have been reading the linked thread and came across this -

Post: "back on topic, I remember reading about someone whose television cut out to a newsflash about the explosion of a local factory. They were the only person locally who saw this on TV, but the odd thing was that the event happened the following day. It seems a bit like a psychic premonition projected onto the TV: perhaps your event was something like that?"

Quite a bit into the thread another poster says about the above: "That was Lesley Brennan and the Flixborough disaster of 1974"

I googled Lesley Brennan and the 1974 disaster and got this: Newsflash - Precognition or Message? - Metaphysics & Psychic Phenomena - Unexplained Mysteries Discussion Forums which gives a good run-down of the incident.

But then there was this interesting post: "Intriguing letter about the Flixborough broadcast in FT 302, and specifically Reg Presley's memories of seeing the disaster occur on TV hours before it happened. I knew there was something odd about that story, even odder anyway, because it's the same story that a local woman told about the same incident. So did she and Reg see the same thing? Or did he misremember the story as applying to himself? Or was it a journalist who got mixed up and it's passed into Reg folklore? Any ideas?"

All the above has my head spinning - all the layers! Also has gotten me into a subject I was not aware had so much - even a book!

But a more relevant post in answer to the OP appears to be the OP saying - so a bit confusing - anyway......

Post: "Hi all. Thanks to those that remembered my original post on messages from the future beaming into UK homes in the late eighties/early nineties. I remember it well, and corresponded with IHTM a few years back..it turned out to be a very esoteric ad campaign from first direct and the case is finally solved for you by entering "broadcast from the future" into google...my original post is the fifth or sixth result from that search...(Christ...how many hits is that...?), anyway, please excuse my dreadful typing errors, I must have been excited!...anyway, hope this helps.
p.s. It is interesting to me to read how wrongly I had remembered things, a salutory lesson indeed!.
p.p.s. Jenny Randalls mentions this broadcast in her book "Time Storms", but is obviously unaware of the rather mundane origin."

I did the google as instructed and came across this: Did anybody see a "broadcast from the future" during an ad break in 1992?

The book referred to is this one: Time Storms: The Amazing Evidence of Time Warps, Space Rifts and Time Travel (Paperback – September 6, 2001) by Jenny Randles

Amazon Blurb: "This work explores the evidence that holes in time may occur on a regular basis as a result of a strange phenomenon - the time storm. The author investigates the paranormal and discusses the idea that time travel is not only possible, but that time travellers may have already appeared amongst us. The book features: first hand reports of people who were transported hours, or even days across time and space; describes the typical features of a time storm incident; and explains why scientists believe time travel will soon be possible and how a time machine would work. It also looks at evidence that cases of alien abduction are actually time storm incidents and the links between near death experiences and time storms."

I see your post as Matt_tee on 9/10/10 referencing your e-mail contact.

And then your last post a month ago: "I want to keep this thread active, as it still haunts me... Anybody else experience this?"

So.....I understand......I would love for you to be far more rigorous describing what you saw.

What I can recall:

It was a city scene, big white buildings all around (like marble) very colourful clothing, lots of banners and confetti falling, thousands of people cheering. The presenter was saying 'you are witnessing history in the making! This is the very first time broadcast from....(cannot remember the year, but quite far into the future, i remember thinking). I remember thinking that it didn't look like a post apocalyptic scene (Thank God!) like you see at the movies..But very happy! The name of the corporation who had invented this was written on banners on the buildings, but i cannot remember (sorry if that sounds convenient, I seriously cannot remember! I wish I could, I could purchase some shares for my grandchildren! lol!)

The Email that I received stated that they had had the same experience, I do not know why i didn't answer right away, but I wish I would have done! As I said, I had wiped the Email (a dumb thing to do) which I regret. I have tried sifting back over my internet providers email storage, but I cannot find it...

I would love it if the Paracast show would see if there are any other cases like this..

Anyway, it's getting very late (or early, depending on the sunrise) and I will soon retire to ponder...

Thanks again,

Matt

p.s Just as a side note, I used to visit Jenny Randles (Author) during the 1990's as part of a small UFO investigation group in the north west of England...

p.p.s - I also watched the First Direct advert, and it was not the same broadcast as I had witnessed...Remember, this broadcast interrupted prime time tv, not on the advert break, but in the middle of the show...

Hi Gene, not to sure what she is up to as we lost contact. I still follow her work, she was a very interesting lady, and was involved in the Rendlesham forest investigation follow up, if memory serves me well..

Anyway, have a great Day/Evening as I am about to rest my head on my pillow. Catch up tomorrow, hopefully some more views on this topic...Thanks again all for your replies, it is appreciated. I am going to try and go back over the Emails on the server and see if I can find the missing one from 2010...fingers crossed..

What I can recall:
It was a city scene, big white buildings all around (like marble) very colourful clothing, lots of banners and confetti falling, thousands of people cheering. The presenter was saying 'you are witnessing history in the making! This is the very first time broadcast from....(cannot remember the year, but quite far into the future, i remember thinking). I remember thinking that it didn't look like a post apocalyptic scene (Thank God!) like you see at the movies..But very happy! The name of the corporation who had invented this was written on banners on the buildings, but i cannot remember (sorry if that sounds convenient, I seriously cannot remember! I wish I could, I could purchase some shares for my grandchildren! lol

Given all that I have read this evening - because of your post - regarding broadcast signals and hijacks, as well as just inadvertent mistakes made - my first guess is that what you saw was part of a film that 'bled' into a braodcast transmission, or something of that nature. What you are describing sounds 'staged' like from a film, nothing realistic.

Also, that you would not recall the year is a bit problematic - as well as the company - as those two elements are the root and stem of your story. Yes, your inability to recall appears to be convenient. How about hypnosis? People recall license plate numbers of getaway cars under hypnosis.

Anyway - still think that your best bet is to go to the television station involved. Begin there. Never know.

Back