• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

True Believers.... Pussies?

Free episodes:

CapnG

Devil's Advocate
This has happened to me twice now. I was skimming through Youtube for paranormal stuff and found this (try to ignore the lesbians and religious propaganda they're only on screen for a second or two anyway.):

The title seemed interesting, so I thought I'd watch it. Now, maybe I'm just jaded but that sure as hell looks like a cat's tail to me. I posted a comment to that effect. Then I read the part where it said they dared the audience to discredit their other videos. The gauntlet was down!

I clicked onto this one next:

To me that's obviously the reflection of a television in the door which is in turn being reflected by the glossy laminate on the hula girl. I went again to post a comment to that effect... what's this? BLOCKED! And as I said, this is the second time that's happened under similar circumstances (different Youtube poster though).

So what do you think? Are these people so married to their beliefs that even a tiny pin-prick of criticism is too much? Or did I just happen to have the right answer and spoil their game?

I managed about 2 minutes of the second video. What a joke.

It's just a case of taking a vague pattern of light and dark shapes and then suggesting to the viewer what they should make of it. The brain will try and resolve it to a familiar shape. It's in our nature.

Say, look outside at the clouds, do you see that lizard man? No? Look harder. Do you see it yet? No? Look, there, that cloud to the right is his forehead...

oooh..those were so scary i may be awake for days! these people can not be serious! you know, captg, some people never even attempt to find a rational explanation....looks weird and spooky, so it must be a demon. Obviously, we are being visited by the cat-tail entities because we are sinning. These guys should never watch "The Exorcist".

Uh, first vid looks like a human reaching for the cup or whatever. I'm usually the one that posts crap like this. I'm getting slack I guess. Haven't seen it before.

I re-watched People Versus Larry Flynt last night. Good movie for those who strongly disagree with the crap text at the beginning I think.

CapnG said:
Oooh! The clips are embedded now... neat. Thanks, Gene!:)

It's mostly just putting in at the beginning of the URL and at th end, but also remove any code beginning with an & at the end of the URL. I went through hundreds of messages and altered the code to accommodate this embedding. I must be nuts.

In any case, this embedding process isn't perfect, but I think we've got it working at least 90% of the time now.

Gene Steinberg said:
CapnG said:
Oooh! The clips are embedded now... neat. Thanks, Gene!:)

It's mostly just putting in at the beginning of the URL and at th end, but also remove any code beginning with an & at the end of the URL. I went through hundreds of messages and altered the code to accommodate this embedding. I must be nuts.

In any case, this embedding process isn't perfect, but I think we've got it working at least 90% of the time now.

Aha, you're the one who's been doing that! In that case, thanks for embedding the moon photo video in the other thread.

Bravo CapnG...you might be the first member of the Paracast boards to work lesbian erotica into a discussion of unseen entities! hahaha :D
The video with the girls was interesting. If it was a tail I'd vote a monkey tail, but maybe a cat tail. Could have been hoaxed. It sort of looked like it was reaching over and hit an off button on a tape deck.

It reminded me of a story a girl from Saudi Arabia told me. She said she had some music going and got into the shower. When she came out she saw a Jinn...a female figure in her room (sans eyeballs!) who admonished her about the volume level. The Koran says Jinn exist and live invisible to us. So in her belief system she saw a noise-hating Jinn...I, not being Muslim, might have labeled it a grumpy ghost.

The second video was absolutely nothing.

Brian Now said:
Bravo CapnG...you might be the first member of the Paracast boards to work lesbian erotica into a discussion of unseen entities! hahaha :D
The video with the girls was interesting. If it was a tail I'd vote a monkey tail, but maybe a cat tail. Could have been hoaxed. It sort of looked like it was reaching over and hit an off button on a tape deck.

It reminded me of a story a girl from Saudi Arabia told me. She said she had some music going and got into the shower. When she came out she saw a Jinn...a female figure in her room (sans eyeballs!) who admonished her about the volume level. The Koran says Jinn exist and live invisible to us. So in her belief system she saw a noise-hating Jinn...I, not being Muslim, might have labeled it a grumpy ghost.

The second video was absolutely nothing.

I don't know what everyone else is seeing in that first video, but to me it really just looks like a person's hand. I'm kinda bewildered, what is the reason that people are thinking it's something other than just an ordinary hand?

BrandonD said:
I don't know what everyone else is seeing in that first video, but to me it really just looks like a person's hand. I'm kinda bewildered, what is the reason that people are thinking it's something other than just an ordinary hand?

Well, it certainly could be a human arm, but looks like the hand is sort of twisted back. Maybe if it's a shadow then the hand wasn't bent back...shadows distorting proportions and all. Could be a tail too. I don't suspect anything paranormal.

BrandonD said:

It just looks like a cat's tail to me. Although neither of the cats I currently own have longer-than-normal tails, one of my friend's once had such a cat. It's tail was bizzarly long and extremely supine but otherwise ordinary.

I suppose it's a case of personal bias. I can't make out fingers, so I don't judge it to be a hand, plus it kinda "rolls" into frame which seems to me un-hand like.

Back