• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Tim Beckley and Raymond B. Palmer

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Raymond B. Palmer is the son of legendary UFO and occult researcher Raymond A. Palmer, the co-founder of "Fate" magazine and one of the early promoters of flying saucer research. Raymond A. also introduced the world to the Shaver mystery, about a man who claimed to have been in touch with advanced beings from beneath the Earth.

Palmer's son will offer a wealth of remembrances of his famous dad.

During the 1960s and 1970's I knew Ray's father, and interviewed him for several radio shows. The text of the first interview was published in my UFO/paranormal magazine, "Caveat Emptor." We're planning on republishing some of the best material in a book in the near future, including interviews with Palmer, Shaver, Curt and Mary Fuller and -- even Tim Beckley.

Tim Beckley, one of my long-time friends, is famous as a UFO and occult publisher, researcher, writer and promoter.

This episode will be recorded on Thursday, January 10.

Interesting show. It was particularly refreshing to hear Ray's definition of UFO as being something metallic and seen well enough to get a very good description of it. This is much more in keeping with the original definitions drafted by those who created the word in the first place ( USAF ) and before the spin doctors ( Robertson Panel and others ) became the dominant influence in officialdom.

However to reiterate, ( ad nauseum if necessary ), it isn't accurate that, "UFOs are such a generic term that almost anything can be a UFO." When we actually look at most dictionaries, official definitions, and the millions of results ( particularly images ) returned by all major Internet search engines, we find overwhelming evidence that the word UFO has been commonly used since its inception to convey the idea of an alien craft, not something "generic" at all. But I will grant that there are people who don't accept that evidence ( mostly skeptics ) because refusing to acknowledge the evidence allows them to cloud the issue and inject their own self-serving misrepresentation of what the word UFO actually means.

Back