• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Thursday Morning's Outage...

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
So we suffered an outage of nearly two hours because of networking issues at the Irvine, CA datacenter in which our dedicated server is located. During that period, our sites were up and down and all over the place. It wasn't ET, or a bot network.

It takes a few days of consecutive operation for the cache to catch enough of our sites to make it work. Most of the problems were due to a pair of outages at the datacenter this week. Hopefully we're past those issues for a while.

This outage killed my attempt to post a question for the guest for the next show- 3 times. Oh well, I'll save it for the next para-religion guest. Glad things are back live again!

Oh and by the way, I understand that these outages were the result of DDoS attacks (hackers). The host is beefing up their network, but nothing is perfect.

there was an outage at 11:42pm to around 12midnight UK time.
Your cached homepage was getting served. The forums were not. I've attached two screenshots in case you need them.

bb

Attachments

• paracast-home-offline.png
    paracast-home-offline.png
    301.7 KB · Views: 2
  • paracast-forum-offline.png
    paracast-forum-offline.png
    331.8 KB · Views: 2
This is, I hope, the final post about Thursday: That evening, major network upgrades were performed at the datacenter to minimize the impact of future hacker attacks. Of course, they can't be stopped completely. But, for now, I hope things will be back to normal.

Back