• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Thoughts on X-Conference 2007

Free episodes:

tommyball

Skilled Investigator
INTRO-

This past Saturday (9/15) I headed down 95 to check out Stephen Bassett's X-Conference 2007 outside of DC. It was my first ever UFO conference and a very eye-opening experience. I'm going to try and summarize what I learned and thought about the speakers I saw that day under separate posts in this thread.
Above the hotel entrance hung a banner declaring "X-Conference: It's Not About Lights In The Sky, It's About Lies On The Ground" which pretty much summed it all up.
Since I was only there for the day and the Conference was running behind schedule, I didn 't get to mingle all that much, though I did have the pleasure of meeting David, Jeff Ritzmann and Paul Kimball.
Stephen Bassett and Cheryll Jones announced most of the speakers together and I have to say that I have a lot of respect for Bassett. It was evident that he really believes in the cause of disclosure and that he's put a lot of effort into it. When he was on The Paracast recently he seemed to brush aside anything other than an ETH hypothesis but now I can appreciate that; my impression is that he's trying to put beliefs aside while pursuing the disclosure effort. Unfortunately, too many of the speakers let their own beliefs cloud the aim of the conference.

-todd.

RICHARD DOLAN-

I was looking forward to Richard Dolan's lecture the most since I find him to be one of the most respectable researchers out there. He's a historian and does an excellent job of presenting the information he's discovered and sticks to verifiable or trustworthy sources ( as much as is possible in this field anyway :D).

Dolan's presentation was in his words more or less the last chapter of his forthcoming book, Volume 2 of UFOs and The National Security State. He spent ninety minutes outlining the present state of secrecy in the US and how it relates specifically to the UFO phenomenon. The shroud of UFO secrecy is dovetailed with the evolution of the military industrial complex over the past sixty or so years. The secret is not simply in the hands of the US government, but in those of the privatized, compartmentalized sectors of the triumvirate of the government and military, with transnational corporations at the head. Dolan outlined how these corporations have taken more and more power away from the government and now maintain their subtle rule with enormous black budgets and do so without any national allegiance. Dolan's prediction was for disclosure within five to twenty-five years.

I found Dolan's lecture very intriguing and believable, and in hindsight the best of the day. He referenced articles and individuals where appropriate and described a conspiracy that is almost too obvious now. I look forward to his next book and learning more about the specifics that led to his conclusions.

-todd.

(NOTE: Most of the Conference lectures will probably be on YouTube soon)

CAPTAIN ROBERT SALAS-

Captain Salas gave a thorough report of the 1967 Malmstrom Air Force Base UFO incident. I'd already heard the story a few times from various radio and TV interviews with him, but nonetheless it was very interesting to hear the account in person from a trained, first-hand eyewitness to one of the best UFO cases.

LUNCHTIME CIRCUS WITH ROBERT MILES

This was a rescheduled presentation of Robert Miles Safespace and exopolitics lecture from the previous day. I'd heard of Miles only in regards to Fastwalkers and so was expecting something worthwhile since my impression was that that was a well done UFO documentary; otherwise I'd have walked up the street to Chipotle, which would have been far more satisfying.
Now Miles is a very good speaker and his white snakeskin boots, gold chain, light blazer over the t-shirt tanned Miami Vice look made for an enthusiastic presentation but he did not waste any time losing the crowd. He started by calling a group of disclosure experts to the stage. Webre and some woman who I'd never heard of nor seen before were the only ones I remembered, mainly because Miles only addressed them once, in the final minutes of his presentation (Maccabee and Bassett were surprisingly absent when he asked them to the stage; good move on their parts). The rest of the time was spent walking around the stage and through the aisles asking the crowd to stand in response to his questions: 'who wants disclosure?' 'who's seen god's beautiful sunrises?' 'who believes in god?' The crowd was less than enthusiastic towards his televangelist approach to disclosure and it was during this Q&A that I was expecting a Nike tracksuit clad cadre of cult followers to sneak in and lock the doors.
The loose group I was seated in near the back was laughing and shaking our heads. Miles was off on his tangential monologue of his Hollywood tales of dead-end film-making, a life-changing maritime encounter with a gorgeous Jovian tour guide, and his current plans for building a trimaran the size of Rhode Island. I was waiting for the Kool-Aid to get passed around.
When Bassett came in to let him know that his time was up, he asked the audience if they'd prefer a few more minutes in order to watch some video (of something, I don't know) and we answered with an immediate, "No!" Though that's still sixty minutes of my life... gone.
And it certainly couldn't have helped the conference out at all. At least it was at lunch so not a lot of people were there.

-todd.

DANIEL SHEEHAN-

First off, this was my first exposure to Sheehan and overall I found him to be believable and I enjoyed his lecture. I'd like to hear more opinions on him, so please speak up.

Stephen Bassett did a nice introduction of Sheehan and highlighted his impressive background. The lecture was very high level. He discussed the authoritarian/neocon reemergence since 2001 and it's present manifestation in the Iraq War. This is a polar opposite to a necessary evolution in worldview that must occur for disclosure. I recommend watching a video of his presentation once it's available but in short, he tied principles of sociology, politics and physics together to explain that disclosure could not be an immediate event. Our present global world-view is too far to the left to make that paradigm jump.

Obviously Sheehan was a welcome change from Miles' Big Top Show, but then again after that I would have even watched a marathon of "The View." Seriously though, his lecture was very interesting and I thought it gave a nice global perspective of disclosure and meshed well with some of what Dolan had discussed earlier.

-todd.

CARTER & CLINTON PANELS-

Bassett presented this panel (consisting of Maccabee, Sheehan, Paul Davids, Richard Farley, Antonio Huneeus and Alfred Webre) as the centerpiece of the X-Conference weekend. I’d known something about the UFO investigations initiated under the Carter and Clinton administrations from the presidential UFO site but to see such a panel convened, of people who actual took part in the efforts was impressive. Both initiatives ended with Presidents Carter and Clinton being refused access to information, nonetheless the efforts should not be forgotten.

Sheehan spoke again and detailed his review of classified Blue Book reports in preparation for a report to SETI on contact implications. Maccabee was requested to prepare a UFO briefing document for Clinton’s science advisor by the CIA. Farley and Huneeus recounted their involvement with the Rockefeller initiatives. Davids told of a recent meeting with Clinton and noted that both presidents suffered personal attacks during their administrations which possibly were in response to their UFO inquiries.

The investigations undertaken by these men were either officially recognized or supported by then current administrations and even though they were ultimately stonewalled, their mere is proof of a cover-up.

valiens said:
Sorry to interrupt but HOLY CRAP about Miles. Wow. I wish I hadn't skipped out of that one.

No, problem, chime in by all means...

Just one more report on Greer (yay! :confused:) to go.

Be glad you skipped out on Miles... be very glad. :D

DR. STEVEN GREER-

Well, having heard Greer speak for the first time, I can say that now it all makes sense to me.

First off, he is a very charismatic speaker, though one of almost infomercial caliber for I kept thinking that Anthony Robbins was going to jump in at any moment and join him onstage; and his “I’m just a country doctor from North Carolina” routine gets old quickly.

Greer outlined a backdrop of the present state of UFO secrecy, similar to what others had described throughout the day, and then told his life story: of out of body and extraterrestrial encounters, of his Disclosure Project, and of his current CSETI initiatives. He did mention that he was in negotiations with people in the upper levels of a certain European government (he didn’t mention the nation specifically though did refer to the “Ministry of Defense” a number of times) to engage with them in a massive CE5 contact event that would blow the lid off the whole thing once and for all.

When Greer was done, after I’d been told that I could go out and be an ambassador to the ETs (though that I’d probably need some tips from his CDs which were for sale at his table) it all came into focus for me. I’d first heard of Greer through the Disclosure Project. My impression of him was of a rational doctor who had had an interest in UFOs and who left his job and put all his efforts into his Disclosure Project which unfortunately never achieved its major goal. Then this former doctor got into meditation and found a way to contact ETs and discovered repressed memories of childhood contact and was now selling DVDs and guided retreats to teach others to be interplanetary ambassadors, efforts which in my mind undermined his Disclosure Project. I could never understand that leap, but now I do. Greer is basically a man who has had interactions with paranormal phenomena for much of his life with entities that he believes to be extraterrestrial. Then at one point he decided to pursue disclosure, but his real focus is promoting his CE5 contacts.

I really still do have respect for his Disclosure Project efforts and I believe that he’s had some real paranormal experiences; I don’t discount him for that. I just had the wrong impression of him.

Now for some reason, he doesn’t seem to understand (or more likely chooses not to recognize) his own paradox: he has regular, self-initiated (and video-taped) contact with these intelligences that has been interrupted by apparently military forces AND he pushes for disclosure, but he can’t even bring one of these videos to a conference of interested people. He can summon them at will, but what is he waiting for to prove it? The "thumbs up" from some other country? As David said after the lecture, it’s a simple issue: Where’s the video?

And am I remembering this incorrectly or did Greer say he had photos and video of a beautiful baby alien with 4 cranial bones, however, he's not at liberty to show us at this time?

Was that what he said or did he say he was shown those things but doesn't have them in his possession?

So that’s what I saw. Now, I was only there for one day and I’m looking forward to the next Paracast episode to hear David, Jeff and Jeremy’s reactions.

I’m glad I went and will probably go next spring to the next X-Conference. I sincerely commend Stephen Bassett for organizing such an event and hope that further events won’t be tainted by some of the fringe characters that I saw.

I think these events are necessary for disclosure and help its goals though I can’t say that they will really cause it. The facts and information are out there, confirmation is more of what many of us are looking for. These conferences raise public awareness and are needed to get the media’s attention but I highly doubt that the military, intelligence community and defense industry will disclose what they’ve been hiding because of them.

Disclosure/Confirmation will take time. Until that happens a few other things may lead to it: a large scale sighting or event, a publicized discovery of extraterrestrial life by the space program, or perhaps a sighting or encounter associated with one of the emerging private spaceflight ventures.

It’s been said, “may you live in interesting times,” and we do. I think we’ll all know the truth behind the UFO secret in our lifetimes.

-todd.

valiens said:
And am I remembering this incorrectly or did Greer say he had photos and video of a beautiful baby alien with 4 cranial bones, however, he's not at liberty to show us at this time?

Was that what he said or did he say he was shown those things but doesn't have them in his possession?

Yeah, I do remember that. I think he was not at liberty to show us. Again, Greer's got all of these abilities and info at his fingertips but won't show his hand.

I think he sees himself as some savior or keymaster to all of this and that he's biding his time and milking it for all it's worth and hoping to take all the credit once the truth (whatever that is) is revealed.

-t.

Oh, I almost forgot this;

During Robert Miles' Three Ring Lunchtime Circus, someone shouted from the audience about a railroad corporation named Trinity in the northwestern US that has been contracted by the government to produce a large amount of boxcars equipped with 100-150 shackles.

Well, a quick google of that information ripped open a whole Pandora's Box of FEMA internment camps such as the one in Beech Grove, more companies involved in producing these prisoner trains, and the ominous RED/BLUE lists.

-todd.

The Pair of Cats said:
You're dreaming if you think that we are close to disclosure or it being in our lifetime.
:D

Well, we've all got to have dreams and that's mine.

If I get to be in my late seventies and it looks like it's never going to happen, I'm just going to say "f--- it" and grow my hair out Icke-style and start ramblin' on and on about reptilians to anyone in earshot.

:D

-todd.

Back