• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Stone Tape Theory how could this work?

freemars2259

Skilled Investigator
The Stone Tape Theory could explain many ghost sightings. Here is an article about the theory:

http://www.p-s-i.org.uk/stonetapearticle.htm

So what is a stone tape recording (if such a thing is possible)?
My own understanding is that it is the recording of a human memory stored in stone somehow, a kind of psychic video tape or dvd, I think intense emotion in particular fear may play a part in making the recording. So when someone sees one of these recordings they are not seeing the dead spirit of someone they are simply replaying the memory of someone else that has somehow been stored in the stone.
I want to know if anyone has any idea how a stone could record someone's memory, perhaps on some very very simple level stone has some form of consciousness. Perhaps it would help if someone could explain how a dvd or video tape can store sound and picture and how this is played on a video or dvd player.
Any ideas.

Kind of touches on Rupert Sheldrakes 'Morphogenetic Field' theory...

But personally I prefere Terence McKenna's 'The Stoned Ape' Theory ;).

Goody.

that's an interesting article, and makes me first think of the crystal skulls thing. The article seems to imply that an imprint can only be made in stone, but I'm not sure I buy that. I do believe that stones/crystals/rocks have energies, tho, and I've collected rocks and stones from my travels since I was a child.
I think you have to consider the difference between an imprinted/residual haunting vs. a sentient haunting when considering this stone theory. Not all hauntings are created equally. I think this theory is interesting enough to file into my "keep-it-in-mind" section. Thanks for sharing!

Back