• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The reason my threads were deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prob not personal, as mentioned in a closed thread- maybe some are being a bit paranoid. Some posts vanish into the digital abyss. Or maybe it's an issue at the posters end of the line?

reminds me of that 80's song.. "When I'm in the shower, I'm afraid to wash my hair, might open my eyes to find someone standing there." can't recall the name that tune.

...as mentioned in a closed thread- maybe some are being a bit paranoid. Some posts vanish into the digital abyss. Or maybe it's an issue at the posters end of the line?

If you mean when Steinberg claimed he was unaware of any deleted threads, no. After my first post was deleted, I began taking screen captures of my posts. I am an IT Systems Administrator. I've built and administered forums just like this one in the past. I know which were deleted.

On this Xenforo forum software, Administrators can click next to my name, then select "Deleted" like this...

pic001-jpg.68900

The resulting page will then shows which of my threads and posts were deleted, and by whom, like this...

pic002-jpg.68935

You are showing what appears to be one of Andy's add-ons for XebForo. We use his music player in Paracast+. But XenForo doesn't have a tool of the sort as part of the standard installation. I have not seen it before. But there are well over 1,000 add-ons available and I haven't scratched the surface. I will look into it.

I just looked over at XenForo's Resource area and this add-on is called Show Deleted.

You are being deceptive to assert it's a standard tool, since that's obviously not so.

If you want I can look into it and see what it does.

Nice one Gene.

Will you confirm which posts have gone missing, and from where please ?, assuming you eventually solve it.

It appears to be confined to soft deletes, meaning those made by members rather than moderators. But I'll let you know what I see when I set it up.

It only shows five threads being deleted in recent memory. I'm not sure how far it goes, but probably not more than a few days.

The only thread that relates to any of these discussions is one that was intended to personally attack a member by name, and it was deleted for TOS reasons with a notice to the original poster.

For privacy reasons, I won't reproduce the list here.

And with that, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back