• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Paracast is a CURE for Monday Morning Blues

Zeropoint1971

Paranormal Novice
Since discovering The Paracast, Monday mornings are no longer what they used to be.
The first thing I do when I get to the office on Monday mornings is download the latest edition of The Paracast. That, along with a good cup of coffee, and I'm geared to face the week.
The chemistry between Gene & David is what keeps me coming back, as well as their unique analytical approach to the subject matter. They're the only paranormal hosts who dare to ask the "hard questions".

But in my opinion, The Paracast is a victim of its own success. The guests and the subjects discussed on the show are simply too interesting to be boxed into a 2 hour time slot. A 3 hour show would be better, but 4 hours would be ideal. Does anybody else share this opinion ?

Gene, David: Any chance of the show being extended ? If it's a money issue, I for one wouldn't mind making a donation if it meant getting more paracast. I'm pretty sure other people would too.

Zeropoint1971 said:
Since discovering The Paracast, Monday mornings are no longer what they used to be.
The first thing I do when I get to the office on Monday mornings is download the latest edition of The Paracast. That, along with a good cup of coffee, and I'm geared to face the week.
The chemistry between Gene & David is what keeps me coming back, as well as their unique analytical approach to the subject matter. They're the only paranormal hosts who dare to ask the "hard questions".

But in my opinion, The Paracast is a victim of its own success. The guests and the subjects discussed on the show are simply too interesting to be boxed into a 2 hour time slot. A 3 hour show would be better, but 4 hours would be ideal. Does anybody else share this opinion ?

Gene, David: Any chance of the show being extended ? If it's a money issue, I for one wouldn't mind making a donation if it meant getting more paracast. I'm pretty sure other people would too.

We never turned down donations, of course :)rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:), but it would be huge to cover that. Also, there is the situation of having a time slot at the Las Vegas station, or splitting into two halves.

Other possibilities for the future might be to have two shows a week. But again, when you commit to full time jobs (which is what that would be), there are certain economic factors that enter into it.

And keeping David happy and healthy of course.

I agree the Paracast shoulde be longer, sometimes the guest has to much to say and threre is not enough time and i just can't get enough of Gene and
David

Ok, I guess I am in the minority here but I think the Paracast should be shorter sometimes!

When there isn't a guest for the whole 2-hour slot the Paracast seems to devolve into "what is wrong with ufology today" with David kind of turning it into his show. The first time or two I heard this I thought it was interesting, but later on I just felt like it was the same rant set on repeat.

Personally, I don't find these kinds of podcasts (paranormal, ufo etc) work too well if there isn't a guest. An exception could be when a story is being told.

Having said that, I do like the recap and discussion you guys have after the guest leaves. Ok, ok I know some say that's when you trash your guests, but it's really interesting discussion. And unless a host fawns over a guest during the interview and then switches gears after they leave, I don't see much harm in a post interview discussion.

Brian Now said:
Ok, I guess I am in the minority here but I think the Paracast should be shorter sometimes!

When there isn't a guest for the whole 2-hour slot the Paracast seems to devolve into "what is wrong with ufology today" with David kind of turning it into his show. The first time or two I heard this I thought it was interesting, but later on I just felt like it was the same rant set on repeat.

Personally, I don't find these kinds of podcasts (paranormal, ufo etc) work too well if there isn't a guest. An exception could be when a story is being told.

Having said that, I do like the recap and discussion you guys have after the guest leaves. Ok, ok I know some say that's when you trash your guests, but it's really interesting discussion. And unless a host fawns over a guest during the interview and then switches gears after they leave, I don't see much harm in a post interview discussion.

You actually raise one good point. I don't think we should overstay our welcome. So it may be that two hours is quite enough for a single show, and if we want to do more, then it means more shows per week.

I rather have more shows a week, than a longer show. I was going to say two shows a week, and it is nice to see Gene say that's a possibility. Gene also does another show, so more than 2 Paracast shows probably won't happen anytime soon.

Paracast makes my work more bareable as well. I've thanked them numerous times on this:)

Hmm, Mozilla is telling me I mis spelled bareable. Couldn't find the real spelling online. Too lazy for the old fashion dictionary heh.

dictionary.com is your friend.

Anyhoo, I think the Paracast is "Goldielocks" long. Juuuuuust right!

CapnG said:
dictionary.com is your friend.

Anyhoo, I think the Paracast is "Goldielocks" long. Juuuuuust right!

Actually, all I really have to do is type in the word in Google and it gives me the correct spellings most of the time.

I just checked dictionary.com and found it's "bearable" heh. Guess I had nudity on my mind with bare.

pixelsmith said:
i just highlight a word and right click on my Mac.

I had google's spell checker, it worked well. Sounds similar to what you have on your Mac. I haven't re-gotten it since my most recent pooter disaster.

Anyway, I usually do my listening on Thursdays or Mondays when I have office work I need to do. It takes me around 1 or 2 hours so the timing is good.

Back