• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Next Trek!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
In a way, the forthcoming "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds" is a throwback to the original series. The first pilot, the one rejected by NBC, featured those characters.

Yes, before Kirk and McCoy.

Spock was a constant.

Three episodes in, Strange New Worlds maintains a high standard.

I just recently finished watching all seven seasons of Next Generation and they hold up remarkably well after 30 years or so.

I'm into the first season of Deep Space Nine now — very positive feeling about that too so far.

Three episodes in, Strange New Worlds maintains a high standard.

I just recently finished watching all seven seasons of Next Generation and they hold up remarkably well after 30 years or so.

I'm into the first season of Deep Space Nine now — very positive feeling about that too so far.
Again Deep space nine characters you can bond with.
I do though like strange new worlds because like the original series and The next Generation, every show has a conclusion.

I'm well into season two of Deep Space Nine. Haven't watched these episodes since the original broadcasts.

The show features some incredible acting. Sisco (Avery Brooks) shows the amazing gravitas of the skilled Shakespearean actor he is. Quark (Armin Shimerman) is one of the real stars of the show. Funny, serious, scheming and it all shines through all that makeup he wears. Then there's the late René Auberjonois as Odo. His face mask hides emotion, but you feel it with his eyes, voice and movements. They were very lucky to have found this crew.

Of the notables in the rest of the cast: Dr. Bashir (Siddig El Fadil, now known as Alexander Siddig) is a terrific character actor who also played the infamous comic book villainous Ra's al Ghul on the Batman prequel, Gotham. He also has the longest real name: Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi. Then there's Kira Nerys (Nana Visitor), who was also a standout, as was O'Brien (Colm Meaney). Jadzia Dax (Terry Farrell) didn't deliver much range beyond being tall (6 feet). She is presently married to Adam Nimoy (son of Leonard Nimoy).

All
I'm well into season two of Deep Space Nine. Haven't watched these episodes since the original broadcasts.

The show features some incredible acting. Sisco (Avery Brooks) shows the amazing gravitas of the skilled Shakespearean actor he is. Quark (Armin Shimerman) is one of the real stars of the show. Funny, serious, scheming and it all shines through all that makeup he wears. Then there's the late René Auberjonois as Odo. His face mask hides emotion, but you feel it with his eyes, voice and movements. They were very lucky to have found this crew.

Of the notables in the rest of the cast: Dr. Bashir (Siddig El Fadil, now known as Alexander Siddig) is a terrific character actor who also played the infamous comic book villainous Ra's al Ghul on the Batman prequel, Gotham. He also has the longest real name: Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi. Then there's Kira Nerys (Nana Visitor), who was also a standout, as was O'Brien (Colm Meaney). Jadzia Dax (Terry Farrell) didn't deliver much range beyond being tall (6 feet). She is presently married to Adam Nimoy (son of Leonard Nimoy).
All very true Gene though I did like Terry Farrell character (Dax) and I think she is a very attractive woman.

Focusing strictly on acting capability. Currently watching the episode "Blood Oath" featuring Michael Ansara, who played the Klingon, Kang, even in the "Original Series."
Totally agree Gene,however Terry Farrell like seven of nine (Jeri Ryan) are still my fantasy women and I make no apology for it.

Back