• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Miracles Thread

Not sure if this qualifies, but in August of 1998 I was driving home late one evening. I had stopped at a small gas station on US1 in South Carolina just sought of the North Carolina border. Something briefly distracted me as I pulled out, so I never saw the 18 wheeler that was bearing down.

He hit me in the driver's side approximately 2 inches in front of the door, and he had just unloaded his truck at his last stop a couple miles up the road. had I pulled out a split-second earlier I would have taken the hit directly in the door and never survived. Had he been fully loaded, no matter where he hit me, my car would have been cut in half. I walked out of the wreck with a broken collarbone and a small cut on my forehead from my head bashing out the driver's side glass. The next morning I went to the wrecking yard to look at the car, and if just one factor had been changed I would have been dead.

I've had several things happen to me I've deemed miraculous though I'm sure I've mentioned them here before. But the most miraculous was the voice near my right ear warning me of an impending wreck which no doubt would have killed me instantly. And the voice only said, "Now watch this car!"

I remained as calm as I had been and managed to pull off the road and into a shallow ditch as a pickup plowed into my lane and passed withing inches of my car. Can't even say I knew what I was doing. I was really only aware of what was happening in a detached sort of way, totally unemotional, even after the event. I woke up and reacted emotionally the next day.

Eventually, that one experience led to experimenting with the miraculous. Seemed that if miracles were possible, I might actually look for them, expect them in a sense. So for a long while, every day I made a mental note to observe each day for little ones occurring around me.

Of course I began to see them, because of my mind set. Many events began to look miraculous, until I realized I was playing at airy fairy stuff. Nothing matched my first miracle, but the end result was great anyway because it put me in a state of grace at times. That can happen when one is in an observation state, not aware nor concerned for the past or the future. Can't describe it better than that, however.

It takes diligence too. I was too lazy and easily distracted to keep it up.

Wow, thank you for sharing these, everyone!

Bixyboo, your story is incredible. I'm so glad that you are alive and healthy.

I've had the "voice in the head" thing happen twice, and it saved me from death twice now. Both times I was in the passenger seat, reacted instantly to the voice, and managed to hang onto my skin. One time involved grabbing the steering wheel from the driver and swerving only to miss a car that was upside down in our lane of the freeway (it was late at night) along the darkest stretch of freeway in town. None of us in the car saw it, and I was actually turned around in the passenger seat to talk to my friends in the back so I couldn't even see the road. There was only one other car on the road, and it was behind us. It plowed right into the car that we had just narrowly managed to avoid, and at 70 mph the damage was horrendous. We stopped and helped the people involved who were hurt very badly and waited for the ambulances to arrive.

I too, much like Bixyboo, have been called "miracle baby" by relatives all of my life. This is a story I've always been reluctant to share because I just find it strange and is very personal.

In 1968 my parents had only been married a short time but were wanting to start a family. They tried and tried, but it just wasn't happening. The doctors had said that my mother was unable to, and so they pursued adopting a child and in late 1970 they did just that. They continued to try to have a child even though it wasn't supposed to be possible. Several years went by, and they began to seek unconventional council. Anything that might offer them the chance to have a baby. Eventually, in 1973, they went to a "healer" on a friend of a friend's recommendation. From what I've been told, this man performed some sort of ritual with my parents, much laying-on-of-hands to my mother's stomach, and a lot of spoken gibberish. As the ritual progressed, this man's behavior became quite wild and intense, and my folks were a little scared and anxious. After it was all done, the man allowed himself a few moments to collect his thoughts and emotions and then sat down with my parents. Something compelled him to return the money my parents had given to him as his fee and he told them to go to the nearest hotel and conceive their first child. And that's what they did.

My grandmother told me this story one day a few years back and let me just say that it completely tripped me out. My parents never brought it up to me, but we've since discussed it. Sometime between my birth and the birth of my younger brother they became christians, and my belief is that on some level they're battling with this. They thank God for me and my brothers, but I feel that there's some sort of guilt they're dealing with for being given this gift "outside of the grace of God" or something.

I've had strange/paranormal experiences all of my life, and I have to wonder if the situation surrounding my conception and birth plays a part in all of this. My brothers don't have experiences like I've had (my youngest brother died once, his spirit spoke to me very briefly, and I'll talk about that later), although they've been witness to a couple. It's all just so strange.

Wow dear earthling, your stories sound pretty amazing, too! Glad you also made it here:)

And when I read the part of your story detailing how your parents coudn't have children and were trying...there's more to my story that's similar, too.

My mother was in a severe car accident three years before I was born. A drunk driver swerved over into their lane and my mother was driving. Her first husband was in the passenger side. He was killed instantly. She broke nearly every single bone in her body, including her pelvis in three places, and was in a deep coma for over three months. When she woke up, she woke up as a baby and had to learn to eat, talk, walk, etc. After a long convalescence, she went home completely healthy and normal, to start a new life.

She met my dad and they married. He had a vasectomy even before they met.

Add to that, my mother only had cycles once a year her whole life, so she just figured she couldn't get pregnant that easily, anyway. (not to mention my dad's vasectomy) Plus the dr's told my mother that due to her pelvis having been broken that she would miscarry even if she tried to carry a child.

Well, I was conceived (and yes I am my father's child, I look exactly like him), and my mother was almost five months preg when she even found out! I was born prematurely only about 2 or 3 weeks later.....

Weird, huh? :eek: :confused:

I am completely floored by your story, Bixyboo.

Simply incredible. :eek: I think I'll be PMing you very shortly as I'd like to discuss this further.

Does getting plowed by a car when I was 5 years old and getting off with just an ugly foot count? The doctors were going to amputate it and I remember clearly my dad saying "If that foot is coming off, it's going to fall off on it's own."
He can be a bit of a hard-ass. I should be glad, I guess.
Not only do I still have two feet...they both work fine. I'd challenge any of you to a foot race.

In 2000, I went on the best trip (to date) of my life. I flew with the A.R.E. (Assoc. for Research & Enlightenment/Edgar Cayce's Foundation) to Egypt. If you love the pyramids & Egyptian culture and can go, I'd highly encourage you to do so.

So we are on this trip and it was dinner time one night. We were about to load the bus to go and I didn't feel well that night. I'm not sure what it was but I approached my roommate and asked for the key to the room. He and the 2 ladies with him were asking me to come. I told them I wasn't feeling up to it and he handed me the key and before I could take it, he said "Well I guess I'm not going either" to which his lady companions groaned and was sad he wasn't gonna go. I told him I was fine and it wasn't anything like I needed him to change his plans for at all. He was adamant about not going. I walked down the path to the hotel and the bus pulled away. I again told him I appreciated it but it was NOT necessary. It felt weird..the whole thing. He then said that he fully intended to go eat and was handing me the key and was going to say "here, man, I hope you feel better" and he said his vocal cords literally wouldn't say it and it came out "well, I guess I'm not going either" and he said the whole time he was a bit freaked by these other words coming out of his mouth so he just assumed he wouldn't go. THis freaked me out, too! We go to the room, I shower and go to bed early. He is writing post cards home. I go to sleep only to be awakened by yells. "GET UP THE PLACE IS ON FIRE" I heard. I immediately began coughing and the room was pitch black full of smoke and I couldn't breathe. We got out of the room and knocked on other doors and found some other tour members asleep in their rooms and got them out. We pulled the fire lever but I don't think it worked. Come to find out later, the kitchen was beneath us and had caught on fire with the smoke billowing out the air shaft in the room. The management had no idea and assumed the fire was out. We saw the fire dept. below and some even told the management who were clueless about what they were being told saying "no the fire was in the kitchen and it's out". Anyway...had someone not intervened in putting words in his mouth, I have not doubt I would have died in that room that night before anyone knew what had happened. Oh..did I mention I had dreamed a year earlier that I would be killed in Egypt for knowledge I possessed? hehe

Very interesting story, dreampsi. It also brings up something I've seen frequently. Someone has a pre-cognitive event (dream or otherwise). What is seen almost happens, but doesn't quite, e.g.: You're still alive. That would seem to indicate that the 'future' can be changed.

P.S. I'm just doing this at face value for the sake of argument, not advocating any particular take on reality. I don't know how any of this works.

Fascinating, dream, thanks for sharing! Wow!

And I also have had an avid interest in Cayce since I was a child, when I stumbled upon his books and I think saw an 'In Search of' episode about him....His books have helped me in my life:)

But not to detract from your Miracle Story, THAT must've been 'one of those moments' after the fire when ya realized that, huh? :)

This is one of those miracles that applies to us all.
Forgive me if some of you find it morbid, I dont mean it that way at all and believe it or not I dont actually like having to link to a video, but often pictures say more.

On a far lighter note here's one that never ceases to amaze me.

Mark

Back