• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Leir Interview

butters

Paranormal Novice
Hey guys , just found your show .. I really enjoyed it . But the fact that you
have no faith in your own chosen field bothers me . As popular as the
paranormal and Ghost Hunting has become in the last 2 or 3 years , You really
think that theres so much stigma attached to it that you would have trouble
finding " someone " to stand up for it and go to bat for it ? Dr. Leir mentioned
the rock concert and it was like , to me anyway , you pounced on him and
became passionite that no one in their right mind would ever dare put their
name on the line for something so stupid as ghosts and the paranormal . At
least thats what i got out of it . And i feel that in the last 2-5 years that the
paranormal and ghost have , so to speak , come out of the closet . And that
the sigma that's been so attached to it has faded and no longer something
you need to hide your face from any longer ..
Of corse , ive drawn these conclusions from the Leir interview alone and just got the sense that you have no faith in this field and could , oh no , be wrong. :cool:

Dr. Leir, the foot doctor, is the kind of person that does more harm than good to the paranormal field. Being known for research in alien implants he comes into possesion of a piece of debris from one of the crash sites in New Mexico. OK I can accept that. He has this item analyzed at a facility that does work for the government here in Texas. Ok I can even buy that. But he only has a partial set of paperwork that he hasn't shared with the rest of us, Right.

You can't have tunnel vision when looking at a persons credibility. What got my attention is when he made claims about a piece of metal removed from one of his implant people. He suggested that it was transmitting a a signal at about 30.000 megahertz. A piece of metal in the human radiating at 30 Mhz. could only transmit information to someone standing right next to the person with the implant. The ins and outs of that statement are a little bit beyond the scope of this post. But the information on that can be found in any basic antenna theory material.

I have been to Dr. Leir's website and looked at some of the material there.
looking at a group of pictures posted on that site the one that really stands out is the good Dr. holding a low end MFJ frequency counter next to a womens foot and the read out shows a frequency in the 1.2 gigahertz band. Well aside from the fact that 1.295 gighertz is an Amateur Radio frequency. the antenna on the frequency counter is almost one and a half wave lengths at 1.2 Ghz. But wait there's more looking at the other pictures in that series we see that Dr. Leir doesn't appear to have taken any any measures to make sure that his readings were not from interference from other sources. The readings were taken in an examination room in what appears to be his office. I see no ground wires. Nothing that looks like a faraday cage. he doesn't even take the antenna off of the frequency counter which is the simplest way to avoid interference when doing a close in reading. What you can see is Part 15 medical electronic devices that due to their construction radiate EM energy. Frequencies at 1.2 Gigahertz are very reflective, That is what makes them useful. Did I mention that some cell phones operate around that area also.

Now I said all that I will say this. If the material at his own website shows that his practices in his own paranormal field are half A**. How can I believe him about this Roswell metal he says he has. Especially after David pretty much told him to put up or shut up and he started to crawfish.

Who does this guy think he is? ........... David Sereda?

BTW Gene and David ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that most of his information is better than the info he had on how many people would be attending the roswell ufo festival. 750k to 900k people are expected to attend according to him, come on. They don't have that many people attending in a year at the ufo museum. I'm going to the festival and all estimates seem to be in the 30 to 40k range, nowhere near what he says, that smacks of a habitual liar.

I would love to believe the man, but wow, he has some holes to fill if he is to be believed.

All I can say is I just get a feeling when someone is being less than completely honest. And I got that feeling with him.

butters said:
Hey guys , just found your show .. I really enjoyed it . But the fact that you
have no faith in your own chosen field bothers me . As popular as the
paranormal and Ghost Hunting has become in the last 2 or 3 years , You really
think that theres so much stigma attached to it that you would have trouble
finding " someone " to stand up for it and go to bat for it ? Dr. Leir mentioned
the rock concert and it was like , to me anyway , you pounced on him and
became passionite that no one in their right mind would ever dare put their
name on the line for something so stupid as ghosts and the paranormal . At
least thats what i got out of it . And i feel that in the last 2-5 years that the
paranormal and ghost have , so to speak , come out of the closet . And that
the sigma that's been so attached to it has faded and no longer something
you need to hide your face from any longer ..
Of corse , ive drawn these conclusions from the Leir interview alone and just got the sense that you have no faith in this field and could , oh no , be wrong. :cool:

You know, I happen to be very involved in the music world and I think that such a show could conceivably be pulled off. Artistic types and musicians are more inclined to be friendly to "fringe" ideas, and I'm aware of a few big-name rock bands that take the ufo phenomenon seriously and would probably want to be involved with such a show. The first band that springs to mind is called Muse. They are a huge UK band and reference things like Zeta Reticuli and 2012 in their songs. Of course their ideas may not be the most well thought-out from a ufological perspective, but they aren't the speakers in this hypothetical rock show/ufo conference, they're just the bait to pull in the crowd.

BrandonD said:
The first band that springs to mind is called Muse. They are a huge UK band and reference things like Zeta Reticuli and 2012 in their songs. Of course their ideas may not be the most well thought-out from a ufological perspective, but they aren't the speakers in this hypothetical rock show/ufo conference, they're just the bait to pull in the crowd.

Yeah, I posted their lyrics elsewhere - "Black-holes and Revelations" is my favourite album at the moment...:cool:

BrandonD said:
You know, I happen to be very involved in the music world and I think that such a show could conceivably be pulled off. Artistic types and musicians are more inclined to be friendly to "fringe" ideas, and I'm aware of a few big-name rock bands that take the ufo phenomenon seriously and would probably want to be involved with such a show.

I absolutely agree. Ufo-related stuff has come to be so associated with silliness that it complements modern music perfectly! ;)

Even forgetting bands who are interested in the subject, there are legions of others who would play any festival to get exposure. And as for bigger named acts, well they will play almost anything for the right price.

Yesterday while in Roswell I told Dr. Leir, I had something in my neck I wanted him to look at, as I rubbed the right side of my neck. His quick come-back was, "It's probably your backbone."
I thought that was a good come-back.

Back