• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Inimitable Jim Moseley Returns; UFOWatchdog.com Also Featured

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
On August 22nd, we'll present another exclusive interview with the one-and-only Jim Moseley, editor of "Saucer Smear." This time, Moseley will talk about some strange paranormal encounters he personally experienced.

This is going to be one fascinating session, because Moseley, a long-time friend, is always unpredictable. Although he is often regarded as UFOlogy's "Court Jester," there is a serious side to this man that will be apparent during this no-holds-barred interview.

Mindsky said:
Great! Will you be asking Royce about Sean David Morton?

We will, but I've also heard the sad news that Morton's mom recently died, so we will, out of respect, keep this particular part of the conversation brief.

Gene Steinberg said:
On August 22nd, we'll present another exclusive interview with the one-and-only Jim Moseley, editor of "Saucer Smear." This time, Moseley will talk about some strange paranormal encounters he personally experienced.

I've just been to his website (I've never been there before). Anybody who's front page states:

Attention:You have reached the very last page of the Internet.
We hope you have enjoyed your browsing.
Now turn off your computer and go outside and play​

is definitely worth a listen. It's going to take me a while to get through the mountains of stuff at his site, but I'll get there eventually.

Woody

Woody Sideman said:
I've just been to his website (I've never been there before). Anybody who's front page states:

Attention:You have reached the very last page of the Internet.
We hope you have enjoyed your browsing.
Now turn off your computer and go outside and play​

is definitely worth a listen. It's going to take me a while to get through the mountains of stuff at his site, but I'll get there eventually.

Woody

Actually, Moseley doesn't do his own site. He doesn't even own a computer, nor has he ever accessed the Internet. He does all his work on old-fashioned electric typewriters, and pen and ink :)

Gene Steinberg said:
Actually, Moseley doesn't do his own site. He doesn't even own a computer, nor has he ever accessed the Internet. He does all his work on old-fashioned electric typewriters, and pen and ink :)

Hmmm... I found him/it/her at www.martiansgohome.com and there's tons of stuff there.

Woody

Gene Steinberg said:
Yes, one of his readers has been translating his stuff for the Internet, and forwarding him messages, by snail mail.

This little exchange caused me to download your first ever show with Jim Moseley and Brad Steiger. The show is priceless, I really enjoyed both guests.

Anyway, that show referred to Donald Keyhoe a few times. Over here there is a TV show called "Real flying saucers" that is scheuled from time to time. Realistically, it contains the exploits of a certain individual named Andreas Epp. He started out as a student of Henry Koanda and then became disgruntled by the Nazis who didn't let him work on one of their saucer designs (the one at the Skoda Factory in Prague). In fact it showed that Epp was the first person to take a photograph of a flying saucer. He was so annoyed that he wasn't allowed to work on it that he defected, voluntarily, to the Russians so that he could work on the design of the steering mechanism of one of their saucers. He later became disgruntled with the Russians and defected to the Americans. Curiously, he claimed in an interview (shown on the programme) that when he was being held in custody by the Americans, he was debriefed by Donald Keyhoe. He described Keyhoe as being from the CIA.

Okay, it's well known that NICAP was infiltrated by the CIA but I don't know if everyone is aware that Keyhoe was one of them as well. Anyway, his Keyhoe's can be read at http://www.nicap.dabsol.co.uk/fsar-chapters.htm if anybody is interested.

Woody

Woody Sideman said:
This little exchange caused me to download your first ever show with Jim Moseley and Brad Steiger. The show is priceless, I really enjoyed both guests.

Anyway, that show referred to Donald Keyhoe a few times. Over here there is a TV show called "Real flying saucers" that is scheuled from time to time. Realistically, it contains the exploits of a certain individual named Andreas Epp. He started out as a student of Henry Koanda and then became disgruntled by the Nazis who didn't let him work on one of their saucer designs (the one at the Skoda Factory in Prague). In fact it showed that Epp was the first person to take a photograph of a flying saucer. He was so annoyed that he wasn't allowed to work on it that he defected, voluntarily, to the Russians so that he could work on the design of the steering mechanism of one of their saucers. He later became disgruntled with the Russians and defected to the Americans. Curiously, he claimed in an interview (shown on the programme) that when he was being held in custody by the Americans, he was debriefed by Donald Keyhoe. He described Keyhoe as being from the CIA.

Okay, it's well known that NICAP was infiltrated by the CIA but I don't know if everyone is aware that Keyhoe was one of them as well. Anyway, his Keyhoe's can be read at http://www.nicap.dabsol.co.uk/fsar-chapters.htm if anybody is interested.

Woody

I met and interviewed Keyhoe a few times over the years, in fact.

Nice person, for a CIA plant that is :)

Gene Steinberg said:
I met and interviewed Keyhoe a few times over the years, in fact.

Nice person, for a CIA plant that is

I don't see any reason to believe that people that work for the CIA are not nice people. If being inherently bad is a prerequisite for joining (or being recruited) then I think the world would be even nastier than it is already. I expect that they are just the same as everybody else. I suppose they are just good people that sometimes have to do dirty jobs.

Woody

Woody Sideman said:
I don't see any reason to believe that people that work for the CIA are not nice people. If being inherently bad is a prerequisite for joining (or being recruited) then I think the world would be even nastier than it is already. I expect that they are just the same as everybody else. I suppose they are just good people that sometimes have to do dirty jobs.

Woody

I agree, of course. I have wondered on occasion about Keyhoe and NICAP. I was actually a member of the organization in those heady days, when I thought they were the best solution for understanding UFOs.

And speaking of rumors, here's one not to take seriously:

At one time, some felt that Jim Moseley was, himself, a CIA or NSA plant in the UFO field.

Contributing to such discussions was the fact that Moseley's father, the late George Van Horn Moseley, was himself a noted military figure:

George Van Horn Moseley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On the other hand, Jim's cousin, the late William Talman, was a character actor best known for his portrayal on TV as DA Hamilton Burger, who was always defeated by Perry Mason:

William Talman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gene Steinberg said:
At one time, some felt that Jim Moseley was, himself, a CIA or NSA plant in the UFO field.

Ha ha, the NSA are chartered to not spy on other Americans. It's quite alright for them to spy on me, but not on American citizens. Methinks that Americans must therefore be spied on by the secret services from over here. I suppose it all ends up in eschelon anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Frankly, I don't see the need for anybody to be spying on people who are interested in UFO phenomena. In the USA there is a large 'no fly' zone over Groom Lake. That zone extends further to the east over Nevada allowing for a NATO military only fly area. Both secret and the 'not so secret' can be tested without too many prying eyes. Besides, I think the Russians and Chinese already know that the USA has achieved anti-gravity flight capability.

Woody

I decided to listen to the show before going to the 'UFO Watchdog' site. I'm very pleased that I did. Royce J Myers III came across as a very sincere individual.

I recommend to all here that they should listen to the show and visit his site.

Woody

Gene Steinberg said:
We will, but I've also heard the sad news that Morton's mom recently died, so we will, out of respect, keep this particular part of the conversation brief.

I thought his mother already died. Didn't he "ghost write" a book for her? Maybe it was his grandma. I'll re look and post what I find.

I felt a similar way as you when Gordon Cooper passed. James Oberg wasn't exactly being kind about Gordon at ufoupdates mailing list. I found it distasteful. I'm not comparing Gordon to SDM, but it is somewhat similar. Just sweep the fact under the rug that Sean is a proven fraud.

It is unfortunate. I have been waiting a long time to hear Royce get a interview to set the record straight and this happens.

Back