• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The House on Edgerton Road

Anubis

First Minister of Uncommon Sense
My cousin has lived in a 150 year-old farmhouse near Port Perry, Ontario for nearly 25 years. The house belonged to her now-deceased first husband, and she moved in when they were married. She has had countless experiences in the house ranging from classic poltergeist phenomena (stomping upstairs when she is alone, sounds of balls bouncing), to the appearance of full-body apparitions. Many of these things have been seen by multiple witnesses (including myself). The house seems to be haunted by two entities (a child and a woman), however other weird things have been seen and heard that would not be attributed to human entities. Some of the phenomena experienced include:

Sounds of balls bouncing on the floor around a bed where the witness was sleeping. The bouncing continued after they awoke, yet no one else was in the room.

Muffled human voices coming from out of the floor in a bedroom. I have heard this myself, and the voices vary in volume and intensity.

Two witnesses drove up to the house and saw a woman gesture to them from an upstairs window. There was no one in the house at the time.

A human figure appeared in the living room. The witness described the apparition as looking like "a black-and-white TV picture that was fading in and out". The face was indistinct and it vanished in front of the witness.

Stomping and other kinds of banging on floors and walls when only the witnesses are in the house.

Four witnesses saw verticle hanging blinds held at a 90 degree angle to the floor by an invisible hand, as if someone was looking out the window. The blinds then slowly moved to their proper position.

Phantom voices can often be heard calling the witness's name.

Phantom hooves were heard on two occasions by myself and my cousin's current husband when were in the pasture at the back of the house, near the woods. The hooves sounded like they were crossing a wooden bridge. There is the remains of a wooden bridge that was once used near where the hooves were heard.

Radios and televiosions change channels randomly when no one is in the room. The radio sounded like someone was slowly turning the dial but when the room was entered, the station would stay where it was. Once vacated, the radio would start changing channels again.

Lights come on and off by themselves.

A fireplace tool set (shovel, poker and brush) started rocking back and forth at a rapid pace, yet the tools all stayed paralell to the holder, as if someone was holding them in place.

Dogs would suddenly look up into vacant rooms and wag their tails as if they were greeting someone they knew.

An old phone would suddenly start ringing, even though it had not been hooked up in years.

A door slammed shut upstairs one night while my cousin and her husband were watching TV. Their daughter woke up and started screaming. My cousin and her husband ran upstairs and when they calmed down their daughter, she said she saw "a monster with two tails" coming to get her. She would not sleep in her own bed for weeks after that incident.

My cousin once heard the sound of a ball hitting the wall of the attic and the dog running to fetch itm while no one else was in the house. The ball continused to be "thrown" for the dog for some time. My cousin later found the ball shoved in between the couch cusion and the side of the couch.

I have a personal story of an experience in the house I will post later. Does anyone have any thoughts on these experiences?

Here are a couple pics that were taken by my game camera in the woods on the property. I really have no idea what to make of them:

2776389972_20673aefb5.jpg

2775535961_fd34551e10.jpg

My cousin has lived in a 150 year-old farmhouse near Port Perry, Ontario for nearly 25 years. The house belonged to her now-deceased first husband, and she moved in when they were married. She has had countless experiences in the house ranging from classic poltergeist phenomena (stomping upstairs when she is alone, sounds of balls bouncing), to the appearance of full-body apparitions. Many of these things have been seen by multiple witnesses (including myself). The house seems to be haunted by two entities (a child and a woman), however other weird things have been seen and heard that would not be attributed to human entities. Some of the phenomena experienced include:

Sounds of balls bouncing on the floor around a bed where the witness was sleeping. The bouncing continued after they awoke, yet no one else was in the room.

Muffled human voices coming from out of the floor in a bedroom. I have heard this myself, and the voices vary in volume and intensity.

Two witnesses drove up to the house and saw a woman gesture to them from an upstairs window. There was no one in the house at the time.

A human figure appeared in the living room. The witness described the apparition as looking like "a black-and-white TV picture that was fading in and out". The face was indistinct and it vanished in front of the witness.

Stomping and other kinds of banging on floors and walls when only the witnesses are in the house.

Four witnesses saw verticle hanging blinds held at a 90 degree angle to the floor by an invisible hand, as if someone was looking out the window. The blinds then slowly moved to their proper position.

Phantom voices can often be heard calling the witness's name.

Phantom hooves were heard on two occasions by myself and my cousin's current husband when were in the pasture at the back of the house, near the woods. The hooves sounded like they were crossing a wooden bridge. There is the remains of a wooden bridge that was once used near where the hooves were heard.

Radios and televiosions change channels randomly when no one is in the room. The radio sounded like someone was slowly turning the dial but when the room was entered, the station would stay where it was. Once vacated, the radio would start changing channels again.

Lights come on and off by themselves.

A fireplace tool set (shovel, poker and brush) started rocking back and forth at a rapid pace, yet the tools all stayed paralell to the holder, as if someone was holding them in place.

Dogs would suddenly look up into vacant rooms and wag their tails as if they were greeting someone they knew.

An old phone would suddenly start ringing, even though it had not been hooked up in years.

A door slammed shut upstairs one night while my cousin and her husband were watching TV. Their daughter woke up and started screaming. My cousin and her husband ran upstairs and when they calmed down their daughter, she said she saw "a monster with two tails" coming to get her. She would not sleep in her own bed for weeks after that incident.

My cousin once heard the sound of a ball hitting the wall of the attic and the dog running to fetch itm while no one else was in the house. The ball continused to be "thrown" for the dog for some time. My cousin later found the ball shoved in between the couch cusion and the side of the couch.

I have a personal story of an experience in the house I will post later. Does anyone have any thoughts on these experiences?

Set up a video camera in most active areas. Spheres can (for the most part) be discounted as valid evidence.

Dust or bugs.

Perhaps. But this camera is left out in the woods for weeks on end and we have only got the two photos like this outside of countless deer and wild turkey pictures.
Keep in mind the camera is triggered by IR. I don't see anything in either picture that would explain why it was set off in the first place. It is just another footnote in a litany of bizarre occurances on the property.

I may try the passive video idea. I have a handycam equipped with IR so I'll see what we can capture on video.

That story Sounds really freeky. Not sure about the pics. I dont believe Orbs are anything other than reflective dust.

Why dont you leave some soundrecorders lying about the House ? You might capture some EVP'S.

thanks for the post! i love the part about the disconnected telephone ringing! i'm always amazed by that kind of thing.

I am glad you all enjoyed reading about the house. My cousin's current husband has lived at the house for about 10 years. When he moved in, he was completely skeptical about paranormal phenomena altogether. However, after being subjected to much of the aforementioned activity, he stated that now he is so used to it, it seems strange if nothing weird happens for a month or so. Much of the activity has calmed down in recent years as my cousin's children have got older, but I heard the voices coming from the floor two weeks ago when I was up for a visit. The voices come from the space between the floor of the bedroom and the downstairs ceiling. They are muffled enough that you can't make out what they are saying, but they clearly sound human in nature.

A couple of years ago I was at the farm to go deer hunting. We had retired to bed around 10:30 or so, so we could get an early start in the field. My cousin has a cat that had a urinary tract infection that was blocking it from being able to control itself. My cousin had placed the cat in a carrier cage so it wouldn't make a mess overnight, as she had an appointment with the vet in the morning. The cat was in it's carrier in the kitchen, which was directly below the bedroom I use when I am at the farm. I was lying in bed almost asleep, when I heard what sounded like a cat-sized animal suddenly trying to run quickly across the kitchen floor. I could clearly hear what sounded like claws scratching across the floor, like it was running in one spot until it gripped the ceramic, then running from one side of the kitchen to the other. As I listened, this "animal" sounded like it was running around the kitchen table. As it gained speed, it stopped soundling like a 4-legged cat-sized animal, and started sounding like a child. By now the "child" was running so fast around the kitchen table that I could clearly hear it sliding across the floor as it turned the corner and hitting the kitchen cupboards every time it went around the corner (my cousin has ceramic tiles in the kitchen and they are a little slippery). This went on for about 30 minutes, and then I could hear a very deep man's voice mumbling something indistinct and the noise stopped.

The next day, I asked my cousin if she heard anything, or if she had another cat in the house. She said that neither her nor her husband heard anything at all, and that Louie (the cat) was still in the carrier when we got up that morning. The strangest part was at no time did I feel threatened by what I was hearing, I was just annoyed that the racket the "child" was making kept me up when I wanted to get up early.

Anubis: Fascinating stories! I would NOT be able to stay in such a house if I saw/heard those things, tho! Do you have any updates?

My folks' house has one of those ghost cat critters. I can think right off of five people who have seen it. I learned recently that the neighbors have seen it too. You only ever get a brief glimpse of it...just long enough to know you saw something. I've actually found myself walking through the house banging pans trying to scare the thing away. A friend of my dad's stayed in the house for a few weeks recently, his wife divorced him and took his house...He was shaken up a bit when he woke up one morning and there was an elderly woman, who should not have been there, sitting at the foot of his bed smoking a cigarette...I didn't ask how she left the room, but he did note that the smell of smoke lingered. My dad just laughed and told him to tell the ghosts to "Knock it off...they usually go away."

Anubis: Fascinating stories! I would NOT be able to stay in such a house if I saw/heard those things, tho! Do you have any updates?

Actually, the house has been a lot more dormant since my cousin's children have grown old enough to be aware of the various phenomena that occur (they are 10 and 12 now). A couple weeks ago, the children were discussing Halloween and the subject of haunted houses came up. I casually asked them why they used to be so afraid to go upstairs by themselves. They both stated that they would always hear phantom footsteps in the hallways, and my cousin's daughter once heard a child talking in her room when she was trying to sleep.

Additionally, the phantom voices from the floor had started again. Without going into detail, my cousin and her husband were having personal issues between them at the time when they started. Once the issues were resolved a few weeks later, the voices stopped as well.

I am going to be spending the second week of deer season at the farm, so you can be sure I'll post anything new if it happens.

Back