• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

synchronicity

pigfarmer

Paranormal Maven
I love weird little coincidences. In other threads I’ve mentioned how I was reading a book about Napoleon and for about a week I was getting solicitation calls and the caller ID showed them coming from Waterloo, NY and Austerlitz, NY.

Ordered a set of kitchen cutlery. I’ve lived at this address for 21 years and the one and only time a package was delivered to the incorrect address was for that. The guy wasn’t far and I’m in the book so he called me up and I went and picked it up.

He’s a professional chef and commented favorably on what I bought.
Yeah.

Do you ever get a feeling that synchronicities pass us by every day without us being aware of them, and that if we could read the minds, we'd see the bigger picture there?

Dr. Kirby Surprise says something along those lines. I heard his interview on the Paracast and read his book. A bit too esoteric for my taste but he does say that it’s a matter of being aware of their existence and being open to them.

I note only the really obvious cold-fish-in-the-face instances. No idea what to make of them and generally don’t make anything of them. Too easy to string together a series of disparate instances into a cohesive story line. Boy doesn’t that sound familiar? Slippery slope there. The skeptic in me says these are a series of meaningless statistical anomalies. My gut feeling wants to believe that there is something there, a weird little tickle, something just out of reach.

Now here’s an odd one that I have wondered about because it would be possible to attach some personal meaning to. Not sure I really do and I hesitate to speak of it aloud because it sounds New Age. I am many things but that ain’t on the list. But what the hell, if I’m ever going to mention it this is the place.

I was sitting on my deck having a cup of coffee on a very cool crisp day in late September 2017. Brisk, chilly. My little green friend shows up and sits next to me for quite some time. Google tells me that’s when they are out and about looking for love but I have never even seen one around here and it wasn’t moving too quickly in the cold. So what great interpretation of this? It appeared just before I was about a new job that was exactly what I wanted and I said “hey – good luck?” Sometimes the worst thing that can happen is to get just what you think you want. Without going on any longer, several months later I have gone in an entirely different direction and my health has been improved dramatically in the process. So was it – as I call it – the Universe speaking to me or just a cool looking bug?
upload_2018-6-20_9-15-40.jpeg

Dr. Kirby Surprise says something along those lines. I heard his interview on the Paracast and read his book. A bit too esoteric for my taste but he does say that it’s a matter of being aware of their existence and being open to them.

I note only the really obvious cold-fish-in-the-face instances. No idea what to make of them and generally don’t make anything of them. Too easy to string together a series of disparate instances into a cohesive story line. Boy doesn’t that sound familiar? Slippery slope there. The skeptic in me says these are a series of meaningless statistical anomalies. My gut feeling wants to believe that there is something there, a weird little tickle, something just out of reach.

Now here’s an odd one that I have wondered about because it would be possible to attach some personal meaning to. Not sure I really do and I hesitate to speak of it aloud because it sounds New Age. I am many things but that ain’t on the list. But what the hell, if I’m ever going to mention it this is the place.

I was sitting on my deck having a cup of coffee on a very cool crisp day in late September 2017. Brisk, chilly. My little green friend shows up and sits next to me for quite some time. Google tells me that’s when they are out and about looking for love but I have never even seen one around here and it wasn’t moving too quickly in the cold. So what great interpretation of this? It appeared just before I was about a new job that was exactly what I wanted and I said “hey – good luck?” Sometimes the worst thing that can happen is to get just what you think you want. Without going on any longer, several months later I have gone in an entirely different direction and my health has been improved dramatically in the process. So was it – as I call it – the Universe speaking to me or just a cool looking bug?
Maybe it was both :cool: .

Back