• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

super human strength

06jsterl

Paranormal Novice
I was 16 when this happened.

I was at my grandmothers house helping clean the assisted living house she ran for the elderly. The house itself is rather large and i've heard many people refer to it as a mansion at 8,000 square feet. It's made of brick all on the outside and has 5 floors so it looks impressive from the outside. On the inside it has very high ceilings with tall thick wooden doors. Now these doors were 2 inches of hardwood. So i was in the kitchen cleaning up when Mary Beth strolled in and asked me if i could make her a pb&j sandwich. Now i said she strolled in because she used one of those assisted walkers that have wheels on them and help you walk. I abliged and made her one. I handed her the sandwich and she thanked me. I turned around to put the peanut butter and jelly away, when i heard Mary Beth whispering over my shoulder. So i turned to see her oddly turning the sandwich and looking at it very closely as if i put poison in it or something. Then all of the sudden she dropped the sandwich glared at me then swiftly turned to the door she was near and screamed what sounded to me like deep voiced jibberish as she slammed her hand right through the door. When i say she put her hand through the door, I really mean it, she busted through it as if it was made of toothpicks. I can't begin to comprehend how some frail old lady in her 80s could do this. At 2 inches thick and easily 200 pounds, these doors can probably stop handgun bullets. After she did this she turned around and strolled back out as if nothing happened. I later found out that she didn't appear to have any injuries at all and didn't remember doing it. After this i never went around the elderly there again, because i thought that mary beth had it out for me and i didnt want her to put her hand through my torso. The thing is i know for a fact that she didn't have the physical strength to do this. So i ask myself where did this strength come from? This in my eyes, is a phenomenon. She was not pumped on adrenaline, she looked physically calm. And even if she was, she wouldn't be able to do it anyway, let alone not sustain injury.

anyone every see something similar?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterical_strength

drugs can also cause this, i once watched a police training film of a man on angel dust , he tore a car apart with his bare hands, he'd lost some fingers my the end but i saw him tackled to the ground and piled on by 4 police, he bounced to his feet and all four went flying.

we each of us have this ability, but the body has governors that prevent us doing so most of the time. they can be overidden by hysteria or certain drugs

I was 16 when this happened.

I was at my grandmothers house helping clean the assisted living house she ran for the elderly. The house itself is rather large and i've heard many people refer to it as a mansion at 8,000 square feet. It's made of brick all on the outside and has 5 floors so it looks impressive from the outside. On the inside it has very high ceilings with tall thick wooden doors. Now these doors were 2 inches of hardwood. So i was in the kitchen cleaning up when Mary Beth strolled in and asked me if i could make her a pb&j sandwich. Now i said she strolled in because she used one of those assisted walkers that have wheels on them and help you walk. I abliged and made her one. I handed her the sandwich and she thanked me. I turned around to put the peanut butter and jelly away, when i heard Mary Beth whispering over my shoulder. So i turned to see her oddly turning the sandwich and looking at it very closely as if i put poison in it or something. Then all of the sudden she dropped the sandwich glared at me then swiftly turned to the door she was near and screamed what sounded to me like deep voiced jibberish as she slammed her hand right through the door. When i say she put her hand through the door, I really mean it, she busted through it as if it was made of toothpicks. I can't begin to comprehend how some frail old lady in her 80s could do this. At 2 inches thick and easily 200 pounds, these doors can probably stop handgun bullets. After she did this she turned around and strolled back out as if nothing happened. I later found out that she didn't appear to have any injuries at all and didn't remember doing it. After this i never went around the elderly there again, because i thought that mary beth had it out for me and i didnt want her to put her hand through my torso. The thing is i know for a fact that she didn't have the physical strength to do this. So i ask myself where did this strength come from? This in my eyes, is a phenomenon. She was not pumped on adrenaline, she looked physically calm. And even if she was, she wouldn't be able to do it anyway, let alone not sustain injury.

anyone every see something similar?

I suppose even Monstrous Spawn of the Pit have to go somewhere when they get old.
You get that with some people.

Never mind watching the skies: Watch the Wrinklies. I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them.
Perhaps the story of Little Red Riding Hood was trying to tell us something (other than that it's not a good idea for little kids to go wandering through the forest): malevolent entities systematically kill off the real old people and take their place in pursuit of their evil schemes. It provides the answer to the question "Were you never young?" - no, they weren't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterical_strength

drugs can also cause this, i once watched a police training film of a man on angel dust , he tore a car apart with his bare hands, he'd lost some fingers my the end but i saw him tackled to the ground and piled on by 4 police, he bounced to his feet and all four went flying.

we each of us have this ability, but the body has governors that prevent us doing so most of the time. they can be overidden by hysteria or certain drugs
i have heard of this, but an old lady in her 80s who can barely walk is going to muster up the strength of her nearly non existent muscles to put her hand through 2 inches of hardwood cheery doors. She wasn't on pcp or any drugs, if she was she probably wouldn't have been using her stroller. She didn't sustain any injuries at all, and she has osteoporosis. To me it doesn't add up that she could do this over a sandwich. Still don't see any hysterical strength in people in their 80s.

and screamed what sounded to me like deep voiced jibberish

sounds hysterical to me.

not saying thats the explaination, but the maths need doing

we would need to measure the full extent of hysterical strength in a healthy human, and compare it to the normal strength we see day to day, this will give us the split, ie if we normally use 10 percent of the full strength we are capable of, and the elderly have lost lets say 50 percent of the normal strength they had in youth, there is still a margin there even in the elderly to overide the governors and achieve and exhibit paranormal strength.

but screaming , gibberish and no rational explaination for the emotions suddenly exhibited sounds hysterical to me

Back