• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Suggestion for iTunes

mokohiro

Paranormal Novice
Just an idea: The Paracast could make photos and links available on the "now playing" window of iTunes, the same little window that displays album covers when songs are playing. I've seen other podcasters using this feature during broadcast. Here are few uses for this handy feature:

1. When Gene or David introduce a guess, his/her photo can be displayed on the "now playing" window.

2. When guests talk about their books, the book cover shows up on the window "now playing", so listeners can see it or click on the link to go directly to the book's page at the vendor's site (i.e., Amazon.com).

3. The same "now playing" window can display both photos and links, so viewers can click it to access websites of guests.

4. The same window can display the site image, logo, and link of sponsors. For example, during the commercial break for C.Crane, for instance, its related image and link could be displayed on the "now playing" window. If listeners are interested, they can just click on the link to access the C.Crane website while listening to the podcast. It's a nice feature that creates value for sponsors.

5. The "now playing" window can show links to related sites as the conversation with guests progresses. For example, links to Wikipedia, online archives, online images, etc.

However, listeners would have to be using iTunes for this feature to work, obviously. Thanks!

mokohiro said:
Just an idea: The Paracast could make photos and links available on the "now playing" window of iTunes, the same little window that displays album covers when songs are playing. I've seen other podcasters using this feature during broadcast. Here are few uses for this handy feature:

1. When Gene or David introduce a guess, his/her photo can be displayed on the "now playing" window.

2. When guests talk about their books, the book cover shows up on the window "now playing", so listeners can see it or click on the link to go directly to the book's page at the vendor's site (i.e., Amazon.com).

3. The same "now playing" window can display both photos and links, so viewers can click it to access websites of guests.

4. The same window can display the site image, logo, and link of sponsors. For example, during the commercial break for C.Crane, for instance, its related image and link could be displayed on the "now playing" window. If listeners are interested, they can just click on the link to access the C.Crane website while listening to the podcast. It's a nice feature that creates value for sponsors.

5. The "now playing" window can show links to related sites as the conversation with guests progresses. For example, links to Wikipedia, online archives, online images, etc.

However, listeners would have to be using iTunes for this feature to work, obviously. Thanks!

I have nothing against "enhanced Podcasts," as it were. But setting it up this way tethers us to iTunes and other podcast sites that support the format, and we'd prefer to have the show available to people using all computing platforms, and iTunes is restricted to the Mac and Windows.

We have, in fact, listeners using Linux too, such as one of our forum people, Richard Gunn, whom you know is Rick Deckard.

Back