• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Suggested Guest - John Geiger

AnnetteMarie

Skilled Investigator
Hey guys, I was listening to a radio broadcast this afternoon, bombastic host, but he often has great guests, and this fellow came on:

http://www.johngeiger.co.uk/uk/third-man.html

Not only is the book he is currently promoting of interest, ie, unknown beings/presence assisting people in time of great need, but buried back on another page of his website is a book about a dream machine, using stroboscopes to alter perception and induce hallucinations.

That alone would be worth exploring for some of the UFO related strangeness with missing or altered time.

Since he is publicising his latest book, he may be happy to be interviewed.

Copied from his bio:

"I consider John Geiger a fellow writer of exploration literature."
- William S. Burroughs

John Grigsby Geiger was born in Ithaca, New York, and graduated in history from the University of Alberta. The author of five books of non-fiction, his work has been translated into nine languages. He is Editorial Board Editor at The Globe and Mail, and was 2004-05 St. Clair Balfour Fellow at Massey College, University of Toronto. He is a Governor of the Royal Canadian Geographical Society and Chairman of the Society's Expeditions Committee, a Fellow of the Explorers Club, and a Member of the Advisory Board of Wings Worldquest.

Contact John at [email protected]

His interview today was very interesting, and given the two subjects that touch upon the paranormal, I don't think you would have a problem filling at least a one-hour spot. Also, given his credentials, he very likely would respond to questions quite intelligently.

http://www.johngeiger.co.uk/uk/bio.html#

Thanks AnnetteMarie, his works looks fascinating, I just ordered his biography of Brion Gysin.

Waaaahhhh ... another book I'm going to have to save up my pennies to get :D. Might have to dig out my copy of, I think, Brion Gysins only novel, "The Process" now ... I might actually understand it this time :D.

Also ... William Burroughs had a "dream machine" built by a friend of his, and electronics expert, Ian Sommerville. I seem to remember that Burroughs noticed sun strobing at him through some trees as he passed by in some vehicle or other ... and that gave him the idea of the dream machine.

Arrghhh I feel another William Burroughs phase coming on ... :D

Wikipedia entry on the dream machine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamachine

I think that is the machine referred to in the novel Dream Machine, and there is reference to something called Flicker, which is related to that.
It all sounds intriguing, at the least!

Back