• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Strange dreams

Dan

Paranormal Novice
Hi guys,
This is my first post on The Paracast forum. I just want to say that I absolutely love The Paracast. I think Gene and Dave are doing a good job and I hope The Paracast stays around for a very long time.

I thought I would share an unusual experience with you guys for my first post on The Paracast forums. It has to do with some weird dreams about the house that I live in.

Let me give you a little background story first. The house that I live in I grew up in and I have had many unusual experiences in this house. The person that lived in this house before us was very weird... My father told me that when we moved into this house there was a room painted all black and the guy had left strange symbols all over the place. The garage was especially strange. Actually it's not really a garage it's an old barn which the guy used to keep horses in. But inside the barn the walls were covered from top to bottom with all of these weird symbols all over the place. I can't remember what the symbols looked like because it was such a long time ago. My father painted over the symbols and and re-built part of the garage to make it look better. Another strange thing about my house is the guy who lived here before us also decided to cut a hole in the floor in what is now the room where the TV is. The hole in the floor was covered by a metal grate as if to allow you to look into the basement... who knows why this guy decided to cut a hole in the floor like that but I have some ideas about that.... We covered up the hole in the floor and put a carpet over iti so it's not there anymore. Now that you guys know about some of the history of the house I can tell you about my experience.

I often have very strange dreams. Some of my most disturbing dreams have to do with things about this house. In this dream I felt that the guy who lived in this house before me had a very violent temper and was a very disturbed person. I dreamed that he was married and had a daughter with his wife. When the child would act up he would punish her by making her go down into the basement for hours at a time. One day the man felt that his daughter was being especially bad and he lost control of his temper. He threw her down into the basement and kept her down there for a very long time with nothing but a blanket to sleep with. He eventually cut a hole in the floor and put a metal grate over the hole where my TV room is now so that he could keep an eye on what she was doing. His wife got very upset with him because he kept their daughter down in the basement for days. One day while the man was not home the wife decided to let the daughter out of the basement. The man came home and caught his wife trying to save their daughter so he murdered his wife and threw the child back in the basement. Eventually the man murdered his child to. For some reason in my dream I thought that the man never got in trouble for his crimes. Everyone just thought that his wife and child left him because he was so nasty to them.

A couple nights later after I had this dream something strange happened to me. I dreamed that the disturbed mans daughter came into my room. She had the blanket she was left with in the basement wrapped around her. She came into my room and was just staring at me. Then she touched my arm and asked me why I kept it so cold in here. At that point I woke up from my dream with an adrenaline rush so bad that my heart felt like it was pounding out of my chest. Then a few days later I was woken up by what sounded like someone screaming in my bedroom to wake up in a really high pitched voice.

Well that is my strange experience. Let me know what you guys think :)

That sounds quite disturbing and personally I could not live in such a place becauae I am very sensitve. Have you been able to locate any police records about this man or any other factual information to back up what your dreams are telling you?

No I haven't gotten a chance to look for any police records about this guy and I don't have any other factual information. I actually have dreams like this all the time so I am kind of used to just blowing them off. You never know though. Maybe it's worth looking into ;)

thats very disturbing man, you really should look into it. after that last one with the screaming i dont know if id be able to sleep in the place again.

Well it is indeed scary. It gave me shivers up my spine big time. Would I live there? No fucken way.

However it could just be your subconscious extrapolating these dreams based on your uneasiness about the house and what might have happened. So youve lived there for quite a number of years I take it? And these dreams have only happened a couple times?

If youve lived there for years before the dreams then I would be more inclined to think that they didnt jsut come from you. I.E. Maybe you really are dreaming of what happened at this place.

If it was me this is what I would do. Id research the shit out of some local mediums/psychics and find one that is reputable. Get that person in and dont tell them a damn thing about your dreams and see what if anthing they come up with.

That would be fascinating I think.

Hi guys,
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. And yes Gareth, I lived here for a very long time. I grew up in this house and lived here for 13 years. Then my family moved to a different house and we rented this house out for about 12 years. 2 years ago I moved back into this house with my wife and that is when the dreams started. I've always had weird experiences in this house but never anything like those dreams I had. My experiences when I was younger were limited to hearing things and seeing things out of the corner of my eye. My wife is kind of sensitive to this house as well. The first time I showed her the house it was at night and we just happened to be driving by. The people who were renting the house recently moved out so I had a key to the house because I was helping my father clean up and paint the walls. We were board so I decided to give my wife a tour of the house. When we got upstairs she was overcome with a horrible feeling like there was something wrong. The feeling got so intense for her that we had to leave. Because of that night she was afraid to be alone in the house the entire time we were moving in here. My father went through the same thing about not wanting to be in the house by himself.
My wife and I have just kind of gotten used to the house over the past 2 years.

And another weird thing happened before my wife and I moved into this house. The people who were renting the house before us painted the room black that the crazy guy painted black who originally owned this house. They painted a weird picture on one of the walls. It looked like this giant green evil fairy looking thing. It took like 3 coats of white primer to cover up the mess in this room lol.

Back