• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Stanton Friedman - October 7th Show Q Request

Miah

Skilled Investigator
Maybe The Paracast should have a forum spot to suggest questions before upcoming shows. This will have to do for now.

Please ask him what he thought of the Haut deathbed confession stuff. He was one of the main Roswell researchers, surely he would have some incite and opinion on it.

Also, since you guys seem to disagree with him so much lately about the origin of UFOs, drill him on it one more time to see if you really disagree as much as you think.

This of course is if it has not already been recorded.

Thanks!

There is a great discussion on Friedman and the state of UFOlogy in general, on the radiomisterioso podcast round table. Mr. Friedman's ideas are treated with respect, yet are questioned from the "new school" perspective.
Gene and David, sorry for promoting another podcast. My heart lies with the paracast. Let me know if you don't want postings about them in the future.

Miah said:
Maybe The Paracast should have a forum spot to suggest questions before upcoming shows. This will have to do for now.

That's an excellent idea!

Here's my question for Stanton:

What does he see as the best and worst qualities of MUFON as it exists today? Does he still see it as a positive organization that is moving us toward a greater understanding and a greater public awareness?

These shows are taped two to three weeks in advance. Unfortunately all of the questions have already been asked. But maybe they can be archived for a future interview. We all know Stan is the man and will be back on!

Dang! I was hoping to hear Stan explain why he asked the guys, "why'd ya ask that"? It would have been fun.

If I were Stan Friedman, given the way he has been treated by Paracast, I wouldn't give them the time of day. These below-the-belt after-the-fact attacks are bad enough (not enough guts to ask him on the air, huh, boys?), but the mimicking of his voice has got to be one of the most juvenile things I have ever heard. What's up with that? You're not even very good at it! Do you actually think this sort of behavior elevates your reputation as 'professional' journalists? Next you will be starting a food fight in the junior high school lunch room. Grow up, guys!

Schuyler said:
If I were Stan Friedman, given the way he has been treated by Paracast, I wouldn't give them the time of day. These below-the-belt after-the-fact attacks are bad enough (not enough guts to ask him on the air, huh, boys?), but the mimicking of his voice has got to be one of the most juvenile things I have ever heard. What's up with that? You're not even very good at it! Do you actually think this sort of behavior elevates your reputation as 'professional' journalists? Next you will be starting a food fight in the junior high school lunch room. Grow up, guys!

Actually, I think we've treated Stan with a remarkable degree of respect. Yes, David and I disagree with some of what he says, but he has nonetheless done an extraordinary amount of good work in the UFO field.

Just because David does a humorous take on Stan on occasion doesn't diminish our feelings about him.

Schuyler said:

Stan Friedman is not stupid. And he knows the score. Yet he will still come on because even though you might think the host are "juvenile", Stan knows this is one of the best, if not the best, show on the air today.

Actually I think David's impersonation is spot on.... "im a physicist!" haha

I believe that the humour actually adds something to the show. Its easy to take life too seriously, and even a subject such as this has room for some giggles im sure!

Schuyler,

FYI, Stan asked to come back on the show, so I guess that he likes talking with us. When I recently had lunch with Paul Kimball (along with Ritzmann and Kriss McBride) at the X-Conference, Paul told me that Stan is a good sport, and mostly interested in having stimulating conversations with intelligent folk. I guess we meet those criteria, and if you have a problem with the way I speak, I would suggest that you eat some raw garlic covered in honey and nails. It's good for your throat and toes, and will make your squirrel sandwich taste like a cheese-covered monkey brain.

Oh, and if you can't stand the way that we treat our guests, why continue to listen?

Are you related to Bill O'Reilly?

Do you often lunch with Bob Novak?

Are you a huge fan of Chippy Stern?

Do you read words, or sentences? Do you actively avoid paragraphs?

When did we ever claim to be professional journalists of the paranormal? We're both respectable technology journalists, but in the realm of the paranormal, I'd like to think I'm more of a reticular conversationalist with a ridged spleen vent.

I bet you $5 that you can't stay away from the show for, say, 19 months.

If you promise not to listen to The Paracast for 19 months, Gene will send you some pasta. And concrete. But no chocolate, that's for me.

Stanton Friedman is having the chips, so there's none left for you, Schuyler. Stop whining about it, there's nothing to be done. Try the wine, it tastes so darned good, I wish I had some to send to Bill. He loves that shit.

Here, tell me what you think I am now.

animalhouse310.jpeg

BLAAAAAAP.

I'm a zit, get it?

I once had a sister named Schuyler, she married a Russian plumber and died a few weeks later. She used to make pancakes with vodka and iron shavings.

You want some?

buckaroo4.jpg

It's a professional question, so snap to it, monkey boy, and make up your mind. We've got a show to do here, and demanding little squids like you make it all the more difficult. And stimulating.

From what I've heard, Stan remained friends with Klass, so as another pointed out, he's a good sport. Plus he can plug his stuff, so not like coming back on hurts him. Stan might not have listened to the shows in question.

It seems like there is a revolution of sorts going on in UFOlogy (Mac Toonies, Kimball et al), and I'd like to think Friedman recognizes it as normal evolution and doesn't go on and on about how resistant he is to it.

Another question for Stanton: What are the specific MJ12 papers that he considers to be authentic? What are his main reasons for considering them authentic? Can they be accessed online?

Back