• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Something small and odd

Free episodes:

DavidRavenMoon

anonymous anomalous
I had a rather strange thing happen this past Friday (July 3rd). I'm not sure what to make of it. I had heard that one of the neighboring towns had their fireworks going on, so I went outside to the front of the house to see if I could see them, but I couldn't. I could hear them though, but they were over the ridge of the hill here (actually Second Mountain in Verona/West Orange, NJ).

It was a nice evening, so I decided to go around back and sit in the backyard. I had been thinking how I used to like to sit outside at night when I was younger, and never get a chance to do that anymore. So I sat in one of the lawn chairs, facing away from the house, and waited for the motion sensor light to go out. It was about 10PM.

I was looking at the sky, and there were very pretty clouds going by. I could see some stars in between them.. just a pretty night.

Then I saw a tiny blinking light, that I first assumed was a plane. It looked like the white strobe lights they use, and we have several airports in the area.

It was a very tiny white flashing light. Then I realized it was a lot closer, and lower, and in fact went in front of the trees behind our back yard. Now I'm staring at this thing, and I'm trying to figure out what it is. It's not an insect... fireflys don't flash like this... theirs is a slow on and off, and they are a yellow/green color. I've seen them my entire life, and this wasn't a firefly. I also couldn't think of any other self illuminating insects, and this was very mechanical, or electronic, in it's flashing

And the color was odd. This was a bluish white light, like a white LED. Very tiny... like looking at a star, just a point of light. And very bright. It flashed four or five flashes in quick succession, maybe lasting 2 seconds, and then a pause of about 2 seconds, and then the flashes again. It kept doing that pattern. I could only see the flash, I couldn't see any object, but it was moving the whole time. It was about 30 feet away.

I watched it move down in front of the trees, and then it went down and to the left, and then back up and to the right, sort of moving in a circle. Then it seemed to land on the tree... or at least it came to a stop and then I didn't see it anymore. The whole episode lasted about 20 to 30 seconds.

I sat for about a half hour hoping to see it again, but didn't see anything. I sometimes saw a tiny white spot in my peripheral vision if I looked away from the trees, but I couldn't tell exactly where it was and didn't see it head on.

Another odd thing was while I was watching this light, I had the feeling it was an "elemental spirit" having to do with the trees. I don't know why I felt that. It's not something I necessarily believe or disbelieve in, and it's not a word I use either. But it was very "sprite" like.

When I went back upstairs I told my son about it, and joked that I was almost expecting to see Tinker Bell appear! I've never seen anything like it, and it was so small, if I hadn't been looking up at the tops of the trees I wouldn't have even seen it.

On a side note:

I keep getting the feeling that something is trying to tell me something... first I get smacked in the face while sleeping two weeks ago and now this. It's like "Wake up, pay attention!" and then "Can you figure this out?" Ummm.... no. I haven't a clue. :eek:

I'm starting to wonder if all this phenomena is somehow plant related. Did anyone ever notice that "grays" look, and supposedly smell, like mushrooms? Maybe it's the sentient spirits of plants doing this stuff! :p

Another odd thing was while I was watching this light, I had the feeling it was an "elemental spirit" having to do with the trees. I don't know why I felt that. It's not something I necessarily believe or disbelieve in, and it's not a word I use either. But it was very "sprite" like.

David, I know you are just telling about a personal experience, but you are starting to creep me out.

This is something like David Sereda, Peter Gersten, et al, would come up with.

This is something like David Sereda, Peter Gersten, et al, would come up with.

Now you are starting to creep me out! :eek:

One thing I want to point out, is I don't know why I had those thoughts, as it's not part of my mindset or anything. Maybe it was because it moved as a flying insect would or something. But I had the sense that it was based in nature.

It wasn't creepy though... it was startling, in a quiet sort of way. There was a lot of "what is that?" and "am I really seeing that?" sort of thinking going on. It made no sense at all, and made me wonder if I was understanding what I was seeing. It was like a tiny spark of light, doing a repeating pattern, and moving around the trees.

I could not make it fit into anything I knew.

Fascinating story, David, thanks for posting it.

I just put this on another thread, I think it applies here as well, you'll enjoy it.

dB

Now you are starting to creep me out! :eek:

One thing I want to point out, is I don't know why I had those thoughts, as it's not part of my mindset or anything. Maybe it was because it moved as a flying insect would or something. But I had the sense that it was based in nature.

It wasn't creepy though... it was startling, in a quiet sort of way. There was a lot of "what is that?" and "am I really seeing that?" sort of thinking going on. It made no sense at all, and made me wonder if I was understanding what I was seeing. It was like a tiny spark of light, doing a repeating pattern, and moving around the trees.

I could not make it fit into anything I knew.

Fair enough David. Thanks.

Fascinating story, David, thanks for posting it.

I just put this on another thread, I think it applies here as well, you'll enjoy it.

dB

Great clip David! Thanks.

Keel is always fascinating.

Even if you just look at the things people have always reported over the millennia.. gods, spirits, angels, demons, fairies, little people... then we were in the industrial age, and there was the great airship mystery. Now they are space ships and little grays.

Which is real? Is any of it the real "face" of the phenomenon?

Whatever it is, it doesn't fit the ETH, that's for sure.

When Keel was recounting all the movements started around this phenomenon, it brought me back to the voice instructing me to write a book.. and start a movement.

Myself and a few others have seen "Strange-Lights-In-The-Sky" more than once. The term "Tinkerbells" has come up in conversation a few times. They seemed more like strange life-forms than a space-craft. Sometimes these lights have a dazzling, jewel-like quality that really cannot be described in words.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

:p

I had the same feeling during some of the events described above. It seemed to me like it had to do with the flowing water over crystalline granite. It felt more "Earthy" than "Spacey."
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Sometimes these lights have a dazzling, jewel-like quality that really cannot be described in words.

That's a good description. It was almost like a reflection.. like something reflecting light, but of course that's not possible. But it reminded me of a shiny object tumbling and catching light, except it was a very steady pattern of flashes, and not random at all.

But sparkly is a very good word to use.

That's a good description. It was almost like a reflection.. like something reflecting light, but of course that's not possible. But it reminded me of a shiny object tumbling and catching light, except it was a very steady pattern of flashes, and not random at all.

But sparkly is a very good word to use.

Why the hell can't I ever see any of this cool stuff? Maybe I need to move.

I've been seeing weird stuff, and having weird stuff happen my entire life. I don't know why. That also went hand and hand with headaches as a kid, constant anxiety and weird dreams that I can never understand. When I would close my eyes and try to go to sleep, I heard like a room full of random voices, and all this random stuff... shapes and concepts and stuff that I only understand until I think about it. Most of that has stopped, but I still have the weird dreams and I get a sort of remote viewing thing that happens, where I'm in that starting to fall asleep, but I'm still awake. Then I start seeing past my eyelids. My son has been having this happen. A lot of times I pull away from it because it's too weird.

What I want to see is a big honkin' cigar ship hanging in the sky like dB!

I don't get to see that stuff.

Spend lot's of time in the middle-of-nowhere, watch the sky for a long time, especially at night. You will likely see something eventually.

Spend lot's of time in the middle-of-nowhere, watch the sky for a long time, especially at night. You will likely see something eventually.
<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>
Avoid light pollution and look up, that's the only advice I can give as well. By doing this, I've managed to be blessed by 5 "sightings"

Back