• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Something good for a change of pace

Mogwa

Skilled Investigator
Mainstream contemporary popular music is.....horrible. The corporate thugs running the Disney Empire, along with producers like P. Diddy or Pee Puddin' or whatever the hell he calls himself these days, have turned an artistic cutting edge experiment into toxic sonic sludge.
But there are still a few resources available to those who still enjoy good music with some creative bite to it. Garageband.com offers free mp3 downloads of semi-pro musicians attempting to be heard over the wailing of Britney Spears and her ilk.
The songs range from fantastic to less than polished. You'll just have to search through the libraries to find what appeals to your tastes. One piece I love is "Magical Machines" by the band Swedish for Beginners. The haunting , otherworldly melody and lyrics struck a special chord with me because of something I experienced twelve years ago. Listening to the song literally leaves me trembling inside.
Pay careful attention to the lyrics, Although the subject supposedly deals with technology gone awry, Paracast listeners should have no trouble discerning the song's other possible message.
GarageBand for Mac - Apple

I think that song is ok. The lyrics sound like they were written by a teenager, but it's catchy and so is the music!

Back