• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

So I'm a kvetch. Shoot me.

Mogwa

Skilled Investigator
I used to regularly download a half dozen paranormal podcasts and radio shows each week. These days I only bother with one, and that's the Paracast. I just can't take the nonsense being offered by those other irresponsible people anymore. It's far surpassed the point of even light entertainment and degenerated into the realm of absurdist farce. The last nail in the coffin was Linda Moulton Howe seriously devoting time and effort into disclosing the revelations provided by those ridiculous C2C fake "spacecraft" photos that have been a topic of discussion here. I don't know what Howe claims to have to discovered in her investigation because you have to pay for her precious observations. I may be crazy, but I ain't that stupid. Better she should get a paper route or something and earn an honest living like the rest of us.
This is why I hold Gene and David to a higher standard than anyone else currently working in the paranormal broadcast genre. You expect more from an honest person than you do from a shabtsitvaynik...a self aggrandizing charlatan ( I had to look that up because I'd forgotten how to spell it). So we'll all be happier if the few of you who take the time to read this bear that fact in mind.

My bone of contention concerns...God forgive me for bringing this up again...the Lloyd Pye broadcast. In the commentary following the interview, David and Gene accused Pye of claiming that anthropologists were self taught. He didn't. Here is the transcript of that observation:

During the interview:
GS: "Lloyd, tell our audience just a little bit about your background in anthropology, 'cause they came to you because you said that you had some experience in the field. What exactly is your experience? We're curious."

LP: "I don't have a formal degree or anything. Like most people in our field, I'm...I'm just self taught. I'm certainly not ignorant but you...you can't go to college and get teaching and training in the kind of research I like to do, which is the hidden, under the, you know, under the cover kind of stuff."

Those are the only comments Pye made that in any way refer to academic training and anthropology.

During the post interview commentary:
GS: "There was another issue that I think you took issue with; another issue that concerns you, and that and that is where he refers to anthropologists being largely self taught Now correct me if I'm wrong, but there are lots of people out there with degrees in anthropology from lots of major universities."
DB: "Abso-frickin-lutely!"

In the interview with Tommy Allison, this issue was raised again, but in a totally different context. When David told of reading Pye a relevant portion of the above transcript, he said Pye absolutely refuted his interpretation of the meaning David had attributed to his statement, which was not the same as his original criticism regarding the requirements for acquiring an accredited degree in anthropology. Instead, he had focused his argument on Pye's contentions regarding "alternative knowledge and the implications that might be drawn from the title of his "Everything you Know is Wrong" book.

From all this, I believe we can safely draw 5 conclusions
1. Pye never said that anthropologists are self taught.
2. He did say that no institutions of higher learning offer degree programs in his preferred choice of academic disciplines, which he calls "alternative knowledge," whatever that means.
3. Everything you Know is Wrong may certainly be regarded as a pretentious choice for a book title, but it must be admitted that it would prove a good advertising hook for a certain market demographic. Mostly Democrats, I suspect.
4. Tommy Allison is a decent, civil ,well mannered human being who deserves praise for never resorting to personal attacks, even when he feels he may have more than just cause.
5.Gene Steinberg comes from a similar mold. Gentle and soft spoken. But I would enjoy hearing more participation from him during the interviews.
6. Biedny is a Hebrew wild man. With this subject I have some familiarity, although I could hardly qualify as being wild anymore. Wild is hard work. Eventually you get tired. Things happen to change your outlook on life. The love of a good woman is without doubt the most influential, but there are others. For example, waking up dying dog sick in a Reykjavik drunk tank, with no idea what you may have done to get there but sure it must have been pretty damned bad because this is Iceland for God's sake and everybody's drunk there all the time-even the kids, surrounded by gangs of puking, maniacally laughing Berserker Aryans bombed out of their skulls on Ergil's and screaming at each other in incomprehensible Islenska...well, that kind thing can go a long way in reforming your priorities.
5. Enough already. The end

Mogwa said:
6. Biedny is a Hebrew wild man. With this subject I have some familiarity, although I could hardly qualify as being wild anymore. Wild is hard work. Eventually you get tired. Things happen to change your outlook on life. The love of a good woman is without doubt the most influential, but there are others.

Mogwa, that might be the coolest thing anyone's said about me in a long time, I think I'll have "Hebrew Wild Man" tattoo'd on my forehead. Thankfully, I do indeed have the love of a VERY good woman, and it's the wildman in me that makes her smile.

Back