• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

security certificate errors

Free versions of recent episodes:

Question for the Firefox users: After the recent update (3.0.11) has Firefox been any less stable at all for you?

I may have to try Safari. I have it but just havent used it much. Does Safari perform well in Vista? (32bit)

MSIE is warning of a certificate error which may result in a compromise of your own computer. Neither Firefox nor Chrome warn you of this error. That is not a MSIE problem; it is a Firefox and Chrome problem. If the opposite were to happen, you would be complaining that MSIE has poor security and that Firefox and Chrome were 'better' because it DID warn you of this problem. You ought to be concentrating on the certificate error itself rather than complaining that MSIE warned you of it.

Gareth, I have found the newest Firefox to be fairly stable, but it takes from three to five times longer to load on my system than MSIE from a standing start: Four seconds with MSIE and up to 20 seconds for Firefox. Same CPU, same memory space. Firefox works better on places like slashdot where they tend to use open source and Linux for everything. The page rendering by Firefox on slashdot is outstanding.

The latest edition of Chrome is a CLEAR improvement over the last edition, though it does not have as many features as either Firefox or MSIE. Neither Firefox nor Chrome have the out-of-the-box RSS feed system that is in MSIE which, at this point, I can't live without. I tried Opera in the distant past and erased it. Perhaps I should give it another shot.

Schuyler, I'm a Opera user since 5 years, rss feed-wise it works just awesome for me.I don't even have the latest version (here:9.25), but the feeds workk just fine.

Just a nod to try it out again ;)

Schuyler, I'm a Opera user since 5 years, rss feed-wise it works just awesome for me.I don't even have the latest version (here:9.25), but the feeds workk just fine.

Just a nod to try it out again ;)

Thanks. I just downloaded it for another try. Now I have four browsers installed! :eek:

Back