• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Secret Places Of Google Earth

Yes, this was very enjoyable. At first, I was a bit sceptical. However, somebody at YouTube posted the co-ordinates for all sites, so you can check them out for yourself. They are here:

44°40'53.63"N,10°19'4.35"E
50° 0'44.99"N,110° 6'30.81"W
53°31'56.43"N,1°21'22.02"W
53°32'19.09"N,1°20'46.31"W
19°56'57.21"S,69°38'0.18"W
37°37'57.82"N,116°50'34.41"W
6°42'33.12"N,42°12'4.26"E
45° 7'26.96"N,123° 6'47.61"W
32°40'37.23"N,117° 9'25.88"W
52° 4'43.39"N,4°19'58.09"E
37°24'8.85"N,116°51'59.56"W
38°13'36.69"N,112°17'56.30"W
37°35'8.47"N,116°56'4.80"W

There is also a weird one of a "ghost plane":
51°21'8.93"N0°25'5.65"W

Awesome, thanks for the coordinates, and I'm glad you liked the post.

I particularly liked the naked chick sunbathing on her roof. :p

call me stupid... but i have never used google earth. can someone show me where to download it and how to use it?

Google Earth

I don't use it myself - but I did have it installed for a short time. Just install it and have a play - most of the functionality is pretty self explanatory....

...you can pick places at random by clicking the globe and using the zoom icons or you can search for places by name, or you can input co-ordinates directly and lots of other stuff.

adrock said:
call me stupid... but i have never used google earth. can someone show me where to download it and how to use it?

You can also just play with Google Maps. That's fun and easy. Less functionality, but no downloading necessary.

choose "satellite".

adrock never heard of google earth... wow. name s/b underock. ;-)

it is a fantastic app. sometimes i play it all day long on my 2nd display. if you get low and tilt a little then give a little shove, it will fly all by itself like flying in airplane. if you have enough horsepower it updates the graphics on the fly. a great way to see the world while you work.

I was looking at North Korean Airbases on Google earth. What was really amazing, was that you could see the poverty there even from a satalite. If you look north into China, or south into South Korea the difference is unreal. I looked and looked on the major highways in North korea. I believe I only saw one or two vehichles on the road. In china and South Korea there were tons of cars etc on the roads. At the airfields, you could see that the buildings were very old. The main airport only had 3 or 4 aircraft. Very interesting.

wildcat

wildcat_gfa said:
I was looking at North Korean Airbases on Google earth. What was really amazing, was that you could see the poverty there even from a satalite. If you look north into China, or south into South Korea the difference is unreal. I looked and looked on the major highways in North korea. I believe I only saw one or two vehichles on the road. In china and South Korea there were tons of cars etc on the roads. At the airfields, you could see that the buildings were very old. The main airport only had 3 or 4 aircraft. Very interesting.

wildcat

If you search around youtube you can find videos taken by visitors to North Korea. Some of the cityscapes are surreal, especially Pyongyang- it's like a huge, standard concrete-and-glass city with wide modern highways, but absolutely no cars, anywhere, and very few people. It's like some kind of post-apocalyptic movie. I feel sorry for the people living there, they could have a prosperous, developed nation if only they weren't stuck with their dictatorship.

Back