• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Robert M. Collins and Paul H. Smith Come to The Paracast

The Definition of Paranormal? Normally it fits within the scope of Parapsychology. UFOs only fit into that category for those who don't know. For people who have had access the defintion doesn't fit at all....Rmc

Paranormal is an umbrella term used to describe a wide variety of purported anomalous phenomena. According to the Journal of Parapsychology (Parapsychology Association), the term paranormal describes "any phenomenon that in one or more respects exceeds the limits of what is deemed physically possible according to current scientific assumptions." [1] The term is derived from the Latin use of the prefix "para", meaning "against, counter, outside or beyond the norm."

Many see the term paranormal as synonymous with parapsychology, which deals with psychical phenomena like telepathy, ESP, and survival studies like ghosts. However, the paranormal also includes subjects considered to be outside of the scope of parapsychology, including UFOs, cryptozoology, the Bermuda Triangle and many other non-psychical subjects. [2]

Paranormal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You have just been sent a personal message by david_r_p on The Paracast Forums.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Rather than having the board denigrate to one-upsmanship let me state that my original post was merely a generalized comment about what I consider to be one of the strengths of the Paracast: An open mind, but not so open to be all-accepting of everything their guests bring to the table. The guys on the Paracast are certainly not debunkers or skeptics, but they do (and certainly Mr. Biedny) tend to be very critical and tend to ask the "hard" questions that seem to be lacking on other paranormal-type shows.

That being said, David B. probably should have read your book prior to the interview and addressed his concerns directly with you, rather than after your interview when you don't have a chance to respond. His on-air comments clearly indicated he didn't like your book stylistically, but he didn't dispute any of the material factually. That would tend to bode well for you simply because I'm sure many listeners will care more about the content than how it's presented.

Perhaps I'll spend the $16.00 at Amazon just for my own edification on this... Regardless, very best of luck with your book and thanks for being a guest on the show and being a gentleman in your responses rather than resorting to the childish insults this field seems to be synonymous with.

Regards, David

OpenMinds said:
I think you may have missed the point. RV *does* work. Fact. It has been proven beyond all reasonable doubt. The CIA/SAIC concluded that it performed "no better" than existing methods. A lot of people get that wrong - and it has been repeated so many times that people are obviously believing it. :eek: RV , remote perception etc HAS been shown to be a measurable, recordable phenomena - the accuracy and reliability are an issue, but the fact that it exists is what is more important. It won't take you too long to find replicated studies if you care to look for them either. ;)

So where is all this proof then?

Back