• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Reverse Speech = Bunk

M

Mindsky

Know all them satanic messages in rock music that recording artist put in their music etc.? Well, try this. Go to a music store, find a synth that records audio. Sing, or even just say those lyrics. Play backwards, and wallah! Same thing can be heard. No subconscious messages, no deliberate sinister attempts.... I did this back when I was 14 (I'm 31 now). Sad some people still buy into that sort of thing.

Another one bites the dust = Fun to smoke marijuana

Stairway to Heaven has a lot. Unfortunately I don't recall the exact lyrics where these supposed messages can be heard. Lyrics can be found on the net. Hell, I could give them to you off the top of my head probably:) Just don't know which ones.

So just keep that in mind when you listen to David John Oates.

:) As a huge fan of Black Metal like Cradle of Filth and slayer to name a couple I would rather have my music with subliminal evil messenges. When I was a kid I remember watching the PMRC senate hearings about heavy metal with tipper gore. The best part of it was watching Dee Snider of Twisted Sister making those senators look like fools especially Tipper.

Yeah and John Denver siding with the Metal artists, to the PMRCs surprise.

Things change. When I was growing up Ozzy was someone all parents hated. Now everyone loves him. Even got invited to the White House.

As for Tipper, wonder what she thinks of Clinton now. Thanks to him kids heard about masturbating way more than Prince's Darling Nikki song, which she was against. Of course SHE COULD say the word masturbating on tv at primetime hours and it be ok though. Just not Prince on a B-side song that was rarely heard on radio for free. She has her head screwed on backwards.

You don't need to listen to Stairway to heaven backwards. The regular lyrics themselves are quite sinister. ;D

Oh and Slayer rules

I've never found anything in the lyrics of Stairway to be sinister.

I like the ending lyrics a lot. Well, the ones during the heaviest part, not the very end, which is easy to understand of course. I never knew what he was saying and had to read them. Glad I did.

Plant introduces the song as, "This is a song of hope". Song seems to be about the trials of dealing with mind/body, good/evil, life/death, conforming/not conforming, working with nature or against it. This is just my interpretation. Much of it probably means nothing and was just winged by Plant in around 5-13 minutes in front of a fire place as Page played it on guitar, as Plant has mentioned before. He never said what it was about really in hopes to not rob others of their meaning of it. Or, maybe he's embarrased that there isn't a profound meaning and he just pulled it out of his butt:)

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but I'll steer it back by saying; Just as people see faces in clouds, they hear evil in cryptic lyrics too I guess. Or asert meaning in backwards speech. See bigfoot in the shadows and twigs of a forest, spirit orbs in a dusty building etc.

Back