• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Remote Healng

KEROUAC

Skilled Investigator
Just wanted to share something and get people's views on this. This whole story sounds ridiculous even to me. Some years ago a friend of mine told me his elderly mother had been told she had a very large tumour on her lung about the size of a golf ball. I had been reading the book the Intention Experiment about sending intention remotely to heal and thought I would try it without telling him.

I'd never ever done this before but had done a little meditation. So I tried getting myself into a meditative state and visualising my friend's mum's tumour getting smaller and shrinking away. I did it two or three times over a few weeks. The next time I saw my friend which was maybe three or four weeks later he told me his mum had another scan and the tumour had vanished. He told me the medical people didn't know what had happened. Now at this point you might think that I would reveal to my friend what I had been trying to do. But I felt silly and thought perhaps it was a coincidence and I didn't feel comfortable trying to take credit. Also I wondered if revealing it might have an effect on the result. That is to say if I did it for the wrong reasons i.e to boost my own ego perhaps it would have a lesser effect. I didn't know all this but it was a gut feeling. It was difficult not telling a soul.

My friend's mother died recently which is about five years after the original event so I told him everything. He's quite an open minded person so he was open to the idea something unusual had happened. He certainly remembered being shocked at the time. I haven't tried it since as I wonder if there is an unlimited supply of this thing working and whether I should save it for when I might really need it.

Of course saying all this I still don't know if it was coincidence. I'm sure scientists would call it coincidence as they wouldn't have any other answers. Anyone else had any experience of healing?

You may find this documentary interesting: (skip to 39 minutes for the case that reminds me of "I wondered if revealing it might have an effect on the result")

Sorry for the long delay in replying. I watched the excerpt. It looks like a really interesting documentary. The fact that my friend and his mum had no knowledge about this would rule out placebo entirely but I see the point you are making.

That's very interesting and thank you for sharing.

I haven't done any research on the issue, but perhaps you should consider testing your experience against smaller, lighter obects. That way, if you are limited in the amount of energy you possess to exude this gift, you can still save some for a later time.

Back