• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Stanton Freidman (if/when)

wicro

Skilled Investigator
If Dr Freidman is to be interviewed again can you ask to him address the article that was published in the Fortean times, by Brett Holman ,demolishing the Fish model of Betty Hills starmap using the updated observations from the Hippacros satellite. Charles Huffer of MUFON also came to the same conclusion . He seems to not have commented on this at all, as far as I can find out.

Also while on the topic of the Fortean Times I wonder if you get him to comment on his statement that the FT is a 'hotbed of typical UK anti UFO claims' and Forteans are inherently 'Anti UFO' (MUFON Feb 2009) .I feel he may be mistaking not subscribing to an exclusively ETH for being 'anti UFO'.

While I feel grateful for Dr Freidman pointing out that the 'UK' is more critical of UFO claims, he may not have been reading the hysterical reporting by Nick Pope and the Sun over the summer which I'm sure he would feel more comfortable with (see Latest UK News, Crime, Political, World, and Breaking News | The Sun| The Sun). It would seem strange to be critical of the FT for pointing out mundane explanation when there is evidence for this,surely the point of any good UFO investigation? Perhaps you could also raise this issue?

Cheers

Ewen

If Dr Freidman is to be interviewed again can you ask to him address the article that was published in the Fortean times, by Brett Holman ,demolishing the Fish model of Betty Hills starmap using the updated observations from the Hippacros satellite. Charles Huffer of MUFON also came to the same conclusion . He seems to not have commented on this at all, as far as I can find out.

Also while on the topic of the Fortean Times I wonder if you get him to comment on his statement that the FT is a 'hotbed of typical UK anti UFO claims' and Forteans are inherently 'Anti UFO' (MUFON Feb 2009) .I feel he may be mistaking not subscribing to an exclusively ETH for being 'anti UFO'.

While I feel grateful for Dr Freidman pointing out that the 'UK' is more critical of UFO claims, he may not have been reading the hysterical reporting by Nick Pope and the Sun over the summer which I'm sure he would feel more comfortable with (see Latest UK News, Crime, Political, World, and Breaking News | The Sun| The Sun). It would seem strange to be critical of the FT for pointing out mundane explanation when there is evidence for this,surely the point of any good UFO investigation? Perhaps you could also raise this issue?

Cheers

Ewen

He not a doctor:)

How recent was the article about the Fish model?

He not a doctor:)

How recent was the article about the Fish model?

Brett Holman's article is in the November 2008 issue of the Fortean Times, but I'm not sure about Huffers work. Holmans article does mention that at the time of publishing the article he was contacted by Huffer so I'm assuming its about the same time (I haven't read Huffers work).

If you cannot get a copy I could probably knock you up a scan of the article if your interested. There is a brief summary on his blog page : Airminded November 2008 scroll down about half way.

Back