• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Question for Jeremy V

BrandonD

Skilled Investigator
Hey Jeremy I looked for a forum on your Culture of Contact site, and if it's there then I'm just too dense to find it. So I'm posting a question about your recent podcast here:

I have no idea if I've personally had the I Am experience. But I get the impression from you that one just needs to have the experience of no-self once, and then this foreign energy comes in, and then one goes back to being their ordinary self. I say this because as far as I can tell, psychologically you are just like us. You have an ego and you defend it, you have opinions and you are quite attached to them. I don't mean any of this in a negative way, I don't consider myself to be any different.

So I guess to sum up, here are my questions: What do you think is different about yourself, now that you've had this I Am experience? Do you think that you have become free of the ego? If not, then what do you consider the value of this strange energy phenomenon?

I get the impression from you that one just needs to have the experience of no-self once, and then this foreign energy comes in

The jury is still out on how foreign this energy is. It may be something that lies dormant in you until activated. Or something else. But basically--yes that's right.

What do you think is different about yourself, now that you've had this I Am experience?

I'm sure there are different responses from different people based on needs but for me....

1.) I now have this "other" energy just sorta coexisting in me, waiting for me to shut up so it can activate and do what it's gonna do. Usually, this has to do with yoga, tai chi, chakra & psychic awakenings, as vomitously cheesy as that sounds.

2.) I think I'm far more balanced than ever. My brain chemistry was once wired for depression and suicide and although I'm prone to the occasional impulse, that stuff takes a back seat. I smile more at nothing and sometimes this is just what physically happens when the energy rises in the front -- but a byproduct of this is being slightly happier more. I'm also about as laid back as one can be (except in online forums where I'm defensive and long-winded.)

3.) I understand all of the religious/mystical "big concepts," where they come from, which are universal truths, and which are local truths. This is stuff I cared nothing at all about but it's a kind of intelligence that comes with the territory. Where Biedny & Ritzmann are useful in telling you why guys like Greer & Meier are frauds on the science, I can tell you why they're frauds on the psycho-spirituality. (Of course you'd still have to take my word for that unless there was some sort of Yoda-riffic peer review I could pass so they're far more useful than I am at closing the deal. But if we were a team, I'm saying I could sniff 'em out in a conversation or by reading their books and then Dave & Jeff could take aim and fire.)

That's it. Three changes. Big whoop.

Do you think that you have become free of the ego?

Nope.

If not, then what do you consider the value of this strange energy phenomenon?

Kidding.

I think the value is multifaceted and partial. There's the regular energy I live with everyday, which balances energy centers in the body, awakens psychic components, and dances a fat guy around his house. This seems to be about fixing the things I've broken in this body. Purely for health reasons it's a good thing to have around--but if science were to discover it, who knows what other secrets it might reveal?

And then the other ENERGY!!! that I felt 3 times, the last being the precursor to the I AM experience. That experience was worth everything because it was, in fact, everything. How do you judge the value of experiencing the formation of the universe and why it was formed where others have to guess and live dogmatic lies?

And now that I write this I'm sad by my choice in the face of that experience. As I said on my show, I fled the experience because I thought I was physically dying. I was scared. When out of it, I chose to remain an egomaniac long enough to write about it and try to get it published and then I'd let this thing takeover. Ultimately, I don't want to end up a wide-eyed creepy guru type and I was afraid that might happen, so I chose to remain as I am for a bit longer.

So here's the sadness...

What if my response was a mistake? What if the ENERGY!!! is something that I would learn to turn on and off just like the "normal" energy? What if that's the gateway between time and the now and I missed my opportunity to be someone who can travel or exist nonlocally like that because I misinterpreted what was happening?

Thanks, Brandon.

If I get the opportunity again I think I'll give in and see what's next. I might not get another shot, though--who knows? It's been years.

But okay, back to some sort of point: I think it's important because at the very least it's real, it's a part of us, and we can't even detect this stuff with instruments yet. There's a subtle biology waiting to be discovered. I think that's important on the materialist level alone.

And as far as it relates to aliens or "aliens" ... It tells me that we really don't fully understand what a human is and so we need to figure that out before attempting to understand these beings. I wonder if all the paranormal stuff wouldn't fall into place if we were wholly ourselves. The sciences need to grow into this, not try to cram it into their discoveries.

This sounds similar too an experience I've had a couple of times during meditation...

In the Vedic tradition it's called Samadhi and really is a transforming experience,in many ways.The duality between the observer and the observed dissolves,and what you are left with is a state of pure bliss.At that moment the ego is virtually non-existant.

I don't agree that you can call anyone a fraud based on that experience,though...
It's a purely subjectiv experience and different people get different lessons from it.
My interpretation (which is as good as anyone's...) is that mind is not bound by time/space.And that our mind,in it's most basic form,is the same as that of the Universe(God)...

This sounds similar too an experience I've had a couple of times during meditation...

In the Vedic tradition it's called Samadhi and really is a transforming experience,in many ways.The duality between the observer and the observed dissolves,and what you are left with is a state of pure bliss.At that moment the ego is virtually non-existant.

I don't agree that you can call anyone a fraud based on that experience,though...
It's a purely subjectiv experience and different people get different lessons from it.
My interpretation (which is as good as anyone's...) is that mind is not bound by time/space.And that our mind,in it's most basic form,is the same as that of the Universe(God)...

That's not the experience I had, actually, though I've heard of it. (Unless you're talking about the moment of no-self that started this whole mechanism rolling. That wasn't blissful, though. There was no feeling.)

The basic gist of I AM is that I saw and was the vision and everything in the vision, which consisted of nothingness becoming aware of itself and in that moment, a spark of light from which sprang the universe. And so on and so forth and blah, blah.

No I can't call anyone a fraud based on that but based on all of the very detailed things that led up to it which are too numerous to explain here and also on the "intangible" demeanor of the person. I used to be pretty good at reading someone's psychology. Now I'm also good at reading how "balanced" they are on other levels. Then again, some people are just plain an easy read because they're nuckin' futs hiding behind meditation and the books they've absorbed. Enter one Steven Greer.

I've spent quite alot of time with Greer over the years,on different CSETI expiditions, and he never fails to confuse me...He's without a doubt THE most complex individual I have ever met...

On these training sessions I have witnessed a couple of objects that still puzzle me too this day.One was an amber/purple ("Bubba" like) object that appeared too materalize in the sky,then travel in a wide arc before de-materializing.It was about twice the size of the planet jupiter...There have been several others.
Now,I'm not saying that they were ET spacecraft (I'm not even sure such a thing exist!),but they definetly left me puzzled...:confused:

So do you think Greer is not a con but rather a misunderstood poor country doctor?? Good cons can have good acts and complex personalities.

I'm suggesting he often does himself diservice by overstating his case.
He brings forth credible witesses and then comes too conclutions,based on the testimony,that he can't back up with good documentation etc...

There are hundreds of people who have been on the CSETI expiditions over the years...What I wuold like too see more of is witness testimony from some of the best documented cases in the early 90's.
One example would be the Mexico case in 93',where they allegedly observed a large black triangle.The witnesses in that case were;
Dr.Barbie J. Taylor
Dr.Joseph Burkes
Dr.Steven Greer
Shari Adamiak
Jeff Baker

Any idea why Greer charges 900 dallors for a week of his "protocol". Did you go away from the week long experience satisfied that you got your money's worth of something? Can you now call in the ships yourself now that you got the recipe? I really don't get why people would go to this. Can you explain it to me?

These expiditions take place in remote areas of the world.My guess would be that some of the Dolla's is used to cover travel/lodging exspenses for Greer and his staff (not sure though..).
Did I get my monies worth?
Yes,I think so.I got to observe some anomalous objects and phenomena+spend the week together with some very interresting people.

These expiditions take place in remote areas of the world.My guess would be that some of the Dolla's is used to cover travel/lodging exspenses for Greer and his staff (not sure though..).
Did I get my monies worth?
Yes,I think so.I got to observe some anomalous objects and phenomena+spend the week together with some very interresting people.

When you saw the "Bubba" ship, were you in Gulf Breeze where it was appearing regardless of paying Greer 900 large?

Back