• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Question for Jeff Ritzmann concerning his Ohio incident

DFWMike

Skilled Investigator
Jeff,

I am curious about the episode that you had when you got lost after crossing the chesapeake bay bridge after a vacation in your high school years. I start after you dropped the hitchiker off, is it possible at all that you were in a state of road hypnosis(possibly induced by your passenger). I heard David and Gene put the time of 8:30 as the time you arrived at the truck stop, you seemed to just go along, is that actually a factual time of when you arrived there? It is feasible coming from the bay bridge to accidentally end up on 70 and end up in Ohio. The total round trip would be somewhere around 9-10 hours once you arrived back in Maryland. If that was the case then, indeed, you would be arriving home around sunrise even if you drove the entire distance both ways.

If you ended up in Ohio at 8:30 you would have to wait until midnight to one o'clock in the morning to return in order for the sun to be rising once you arrived home. I'm not trying to tear your story apart I'm just genuinely interested in why this experience seemed paranormal after your initial experience. Of course if you did, indeed, arrive at the truckstop 30 minutes after looking at your watch then my question is moot. I have a naturally skeptic nature on these things(even coming from a professed skeptic) and this is the only hole I can find in any of your accounts.

Hey, sorry I'm just now seeing this.

Honestly, I'm using rough approximations of the times. Plus or minus 10 minutes probably (I'd gotten rid of most of my notes and journals). No, I can say no highway hypnosis was going on, but I will say I didnt leave immediately at 8:30 or around that...I recall (as long ago as thats been) that I was in the lot for a good while, talking to 2 truck drivers and trying to ask a couple people for money for gas. I dont know that it was any 3 or 4 hours, but it was a couple I'm sure. I'll write more later, at work now, and hard to type in private.

Mr. Ritzman, you said during a Paracast interview that the name "demon" works to describe the "grays" you claim to have encountered from time to time. However, you also said that "demons" isn't big enough. It doesn't grasp the awesome magnitude of these creatures.

My question is what else do you have in mind? What is bigger? There are only a handful of possibilities that we know about (this leaves open things we don't know about, of course).

One possibility is the Demiurge of gnostic mythology? How about an incorporeal cosmic parasite feeding on our planet.

God?

Perhaps the universe in which we live is only a simulation of the real universe, a Matrix-style computer program. These beings could be involved in maintaining the deception.

Surely you must have some ideas about what they are.

Finn-
I honestly dont know anything for sure. All I can say is after 20+ years now of talking to an interviewing experiencers and eyewitnesses to UFO events, I dont think we're dealing with a positive enigma.

I've said since 1999, that what this field needs to do is cease with the dissection of every aspect of every case new and old. It's all been done in some form before, over and over.

Yeah we get it...there's shit flying around that aint us. There's a presence dealing with us on some level we're not accustomed to...now whats the next step?

This study of UFOs is NOT about UFOs. It's about reports, and possibly visual data...submitted and originated by *people*. We need to look at the people:
- how were they are effected?
- was it a positive or negative outcome?
- how has it changed them, if it has at all?

That, kids is where we're gonna learn something. This is a study of human perception and experience on a level many people arent comfortable with.

When I looked back at my own study, and recontacted some of those I spoke with, I found the experience signaled the start of some very negative things. The breakup of otherwise happy families, alchoholism, drug abuse, a loss of any spirituality and the relinquishing of any beliefs completely to the "aliens", and in some extreme cases - suicide, spurred by frustration of being tormented about answers to this problem.

I could go on and on. It actually set me back for about 2 weeks, because I never attributed anything negative to "them"...I mean yes my own experiences were terrifying, but I always chalked that up to ME and MY response to it.

It then dawned on me that there was a deliberate effort to scare me. To torment. To deliberately snare me into an obsession without end.

I very nearly lost everything I cared about to this.

I know plenty who did.

And I see time and time again that it seems to be an orchestrated effort by our little tan freaks to do just that. The dangling carrot is ever present, and if you keep chasing it, I have no doubt you will lose or give up everything else.

Thats what it does to you when it's IN your life. You have a need to know whats going on, and you'd do just about anything to find out. To make it stop. So you can be normal. So you can take out the trash at night without feeling your skin crawl and looking up to check for dark things in the sky.

So, I view it as highly toxic. But it's SO much more complex then I've written here. It involves some things no one has ever talked about in this field as far as I know, and it gets ridiculously deep and complicated.

As far as "demonic", I say it's not a big enough word because immediately people think the exorcist or little red guys with pitchforks. It's bigger then that, and far more compex. Demonic implies a negative entity in the broad sense, in our language. Thats a pretty good description. Do I mean "of the devil?"....well what does that mean? Are they flying saucers out of hell on a nightly basis? When the silver disc shoots out of sight instead of reflecting the ground it was once over, is it now reflecting brimstone?

Hangar 666?

Hardly. But you see how people could misconstrue demonic references. I guess there just isnt a good word for it other then demonic (despite that it's a narrow word and not broad enough to encompass this). It's all I got besides "toxic".

You can believe one thing, I didnt want to find the toxic answer (if it's even right). Thats the last thing I wanted it to be for me. But it's all I got to this point, and I'm confident enough in my own experiences and those I've spoken with to say it. I dont claim it's the only answer, nor am I 100% sure it's correct. It's where I am with it.

The bottom line to me is always going to be that UFOs and alien interaction is a symptom of something much bigger. It's the ruse...the dog and pony show.

The question is, why.

jritzmann said:
As far as "demonic", I say it's not a big enough word because immediately people think the exorcist or little red guys with pitchforks. It's bigger then that, and far more compex. Demonic implies a negative entity in the broad sense, in our language.

Not to be overly nerdy but how about "Cthulian" or "Lovecraftian"? After all the entities you're describing are evidently:

-ancient
-otherworldly
-able to manipulate time and space
-sardonic
-messing with human perception, leading to occaisonal madness
-indifferent if not genuinely hostile towards humans

Sounds like elder gods to me...

CapnG said:
jritzmann said:
As far as "demonic", I say it's not a big enough word because immediately people think the exorcist or little red guys with pitchforks. It's bigger then that, and far more compex. Demonic implies a negative entity in the broad sense, in our language.

Not to be overly nerdy but how about "Cthulian" or "Lovecraftian"? After all the entities you're describing are evidently:

-ancient
-otherworldly
-sardonic

Sounds like imps to me, but I'm a DnD based rpg video game nerd.

CapnG said:
-ancient
-otherworldly
-sardonic

Works for me. The descriptions you list are pretty spot on.

jritzmann said:
CapnG said:
-ancient
-otherworldly
-sardonic

Works for me. The descriptions you list are pretty spot on.

Call them Eddies:)

If anyone's interested, I've got part 1 of a two-parter intv. with Jeff here:

http://blog.valiens.com/2007/10/23/culture-of-contact-episode-11-jeff-ritzmann-speaks-out-part-1-of-3.aspx

valiens said:
If anyone's interested, I've got part 1 of a two-parter intv. with Jeff here:

http://blog.valiens.com/2007/10/23/culture-of-contact-episode-11-jeff-ritzmann-speaks-out-part-1-of-3.aspx

Wow, thats excelent Jeremy! - something else i need to listen too.... and i havent even gotten around to the 10/21/2007 episode of the paracast yet!

Excelent show, cant wait for the second part!

And as for the beginning... oh and the end?.... youre a nut Jeremy ;)

Jeff's Ohio story creeps me out every time, I remember when he mentioned on Gene and Daves show. *shudders*

I agree with what Jeff said about these events being tied together, I dont think you can catagorize UFO's, Aliens, Ghosts, Goblins, Gremlins and whatever differently, I believe that they form part of the whole story. I guess some people are more prone to experience these events, expecially the age that Jeff was when he first had an experience, I think as we grow older we somewhat lose the capacity to believe in and experience what most would class as paranormal.

Not being a US citizen, i had to check out on Google Earth the distances between the Cheasapeke bay ares and the southern tip of ohio..... must have been a helluva speedy torino ;)

When it comes to Jeff's experiences, I'd say it's best not to come to many conclusions. The more you conclude, the more you're missing. Hope that made sense.

Paranormal Packrat said:
When it comes to Jeff's experiences, I'd say it's best not to come to many conclusions. The more you conclude, the more you're missing. Hope that made sense.

Oh, no conclusions, just observations.

Jeff has obviously done a lot of deep thinking himself about this and i respect his choice to not delve any further into his brain to find out what may have occured during the missing time - I think its a choice i would have made myself given similar circumstances.

Back