• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Question For David Biedny about occupants

D

Dolphtesla

David,

You have stated that it would surprise you if visitors would even dare to land here and make contact due to our (humans) violent nature.

Consider this:
Us humans don't go talking to animals or lower life forms simply because we cannot understand them. Imagine if we could communicate with a cuddlefish for example.

I submit that said higher intelligent beings would communicate with lower ones due to their capacity to do so. Information is information and who knows, maybe we do have something to offer.

So my question is have you considered this point of view? What are it's problems/pros?

I would like to hear your opinion on this and keep up the great work!!!

Rudy

Rudy,

I'll clarify my stance:

I do indeed think that there's been communications between the non-human entities, and individual humans. What I doubt, is the idea of communication between "them" and "us" as a society. Humans are OK one-on-one, it's the group dynamic that I think presents our worst aspects.

dB

Us humans don't go talking to animals or lower life forms simply because we cannot understand them. Imagine if we could communicate with a cuddlefish for example.

I talk to my cats and I seem to understand them pretty well but I would hesitate to call it communication. The key to this analogy is not that we can't understand the animals, it's that THEY can't understand US and on the level of dealing with "aliens" we are the animals.

Also I think you meant "cuttlefish".

Actually I think we can communicate with cuttlefish. A friend of mine and his wife went diving in Australia. She had on a bright pink wetsuit. A large cuttlefish swam next to her lighting up with different colors like a blinking neon light. We think it was the cuttlefish version of "hey baby, come here often?":p

No spines, but can change color and texture at will to match their environment. Must take an enormous amount of brain power. Also, cuttlefish hypnotise their prey with bioluminescent skin.

Cuttlefish towards middle and end of clip. VERY cool.

Every time in Earth history, when a technologically superior group of humans meets a technologically inferior group of humans, the inferior group finds its culture, its religion, and its very existence subsumed and/or actively destroyed by the "invader".

Perhaps the "space brothers";) have seen this kind of interaction played out many times before. Maybe they decided that it is too dangerous to openly interact with races that don't meet some sort of standard level of technology or planet wide social stability/equality for fear of destroying the "native earthlings" way of life. I mean, even a friendly, well meaning, alien who drops us a matter replicator, or a "Mr. Fusion" free energy device, could unravel the entire social and economic system of the planet. THANKS A LOT...SPACE JERKS!

On the other hand, I have often thought that the only thing that would drive earth into a one world government would be the appearance of an alien power. All of our petty differences would pale into insignificance when confronted with an off world threat.

Or perhaps we are projecting our niche ideology on an alien phenomenon. Perhaps they have no concept of war. Perhaps, they want us to be warriors. Now there is an interesting thought. What if we are exactly what they want us to be?

Disarming our missiles hasn't exactly had us rethinking the need for them. Rather, how to keep them from being disarmed in the first place. Perhaps that was the goal. Watch how we react to stimulus. Is there one person among us that would think, "Gee, if the UFO's would simply disarm a bunch of missiles mankind would get the hint and be all nicey nice to one another!" Of course not! So, why would we assume the intelligence behind the UFO's would either.

Check up on our technology see how we adapt. Gentle nudges here and there. VOILA! Super warriors.

Am I stretching it too far? Probably, but it is just as conceivable as the "We are way too primitive and violent" thing. Just a thought.

Or perhaps we are projecting our niche ideology on an alien phenomenon. Perhaps they have no concept of war. Perhaps, they want us to be warriors. Now there is an interesting thought. What if we are exactly what they want us to be?

Disarming our missiles hasn't exactly had us rethinking the need for them. Rather, how to keep them from being disarmed in the first place. Perhaps that was the goal. Watch how we react to stimulus. Is there one person among us that would think, "Gee, if the UFO's would simply disarm a bunch of missiles mankind would get the hint and be all nicey nice to one another!" Of course not! So, why would we assume the intelligence behind the UFO's would either.

Check up on our technology see how we adapt. Gentle nudges here and there. VOILA! Super warriors.

Am I stretching it too far? Probably, but it is just as conceivable as the "We are way too primitive and violent" thing. Just a thought.

Or maybe we are already the baddest MFs in the galaxy. And they are keeping us on a short leash., for their own protection.

Back